+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Congrats @mlcanada on your COPR. I wanted to ask if you got any notification when your COPR was approved (like on your IRCC profile or email) and how long after the approval did it take to get your passports?
There was no update on IRCC profile when we received approval eMail [golden email] from IRCC. Please find below timeline - hope this helps :

23-Apr-2021 : Received "Ready for visa" email [golden email / approval ]. No update on IRCC portal.
24-Apr-2021 : As per instructions in eMail , we sent passports , photos etc to CPC-Ottawa from USA through UPS
26-Apr-2021 : Passports reached CPC-Ottawa
17-May-2021 : Application status changed from submitted to approved on IRCC portal. Counterfoil information appeared on the portal indicating visa stamping is complete.
19-May-2021 : Passports sent from Ottawa through return mail [UPS]
20-May-2021 : Passports with stamped visa and CoPR letter received

Thanks !

Reactions: Bacelor and Dee O

Dee O

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
There was no update on IRCC profile when we received approval eMail [golden email] from IRCC. Please find below timeline - hope this helps :

23-Apr-2021 : Received "Ready for visa" email [golden email / approval ]. No update on IRCC portal.
24-Apr-2021 : As per instructions in eMail , we sent passports , photos etc to CPC-Ottawa from USA through UPS
26-Apr-2021 : Passports reached CPC-Ottawa
17-May-2021 : Application status changed from submitted to approved on IRCC portal. Counterfoil information appeared on the portal indicating visa stamping is complete.
19-May-2021 : Passports sent from Ottawa through return mail [UPS]
20-May-2021 : Passports with stamped visa and CoPR letter received

Thanks !
Thank you for your response And I wish you all the best

Reactions: mlcanada

Zack14

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
Hi Guy’s and @legalfalcon, my medical expired in Jan 2021 and I have not received remed or medical extension notification as yet. As per my latest GCMS my meds were being reassessed in Manila in DEC 2020. Should I be worried? I’m an outland applicant AOR jan 2nd 2020. Thank you

Reactions: kevran32

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Guy’s and @legalfalcon, my medical expired in Jan 2021 and I have not received remed or medical extension notification as yet. As per my latest GCMS my meds were being reassessed in Manila in DEC 2020. Should I be worried? I’m an outland applicant AOR jan 2nd 2020. Thank you
See my previous post on this at #13,190

ankitraheja

Jan 16, 2021
Hi - I finally got an email about "Ready for Visa" . However, I am having a hard time sending my passport from USA to Canada?

USPS delivers to PO box but does not create a self-addressed prepaid envelope. Can somebody tell me what process are people following to send their passports to USA and get back their passports?

Given below is the content of the email.

Thanks in advance!

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our department to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION

If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

· Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;

· Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;

· Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;

· You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence.

STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)

· Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/entry-requirements-country.html .

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. To avoid complications with international travel, it is recommended that your passport(s) be valid for at least 6 months. Your passport must have at least two blank pages. If a child is included on your passport, you must have one blank page per accompanying child. Please note that you STILL need to submit the passport even if:

o You have a valid Canadian temporary residence visa.

o You are a permanent resident of the U.S.A AND holder of passport from countries whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada.

· If you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need an eTA to travel to Canada or a holder of passport(s) from the United States, you will need to submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Please do not send your original passport(s). Your passport(s) should be valid for at least 6 months.

If you are currently residing in Canada and you intend to travel by air to another country prior to becoming a permanent resident, you will be required to apply and obtain an eTA prior to boarding.

***Please note that Confirmation of Permanent Residence and permanent residence visas cannot be issued to holders of Diplomatic, Official or Military passports. You must have an ordinary passport.***

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf

3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope.

4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address.

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

· If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you. Please note that our office will not return passports to an address outside North America.

· If you have a mailing address in Canada:

- The pre-paid Xpresspost envelope must be from Canada Post. Please note that we will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

Passports Submission

PO Box 9780

Ottawa ON

K1G 6T2

DO NOT FILL OUT THE ADDRESS SECTION ON YOUR CANADA POST RETURN ENVELOPE.

· If you have a mailing address in the U.S.A.:

- The Self-Addressed pre-paid envelope should be arranged with a courier that delivers between Canada and the U.S.A.

- Submit all documents by mail in a single package and send to the following address:

CPCO – PR VISA

US Permanent /Temporary Residence VISA/Passports

365 Laurier Av. West

Ottawa ON

K1A 1L1

COMPLETE ANNEX A FOUND AT THE END OF THIS DOCUMENT AND SUBMIT IT WITH YOUR DOCUMENTS.

Reactions: Emprexx

akhil994

Star Member
May 15, 2019
@legalfalcon

A very strange thing happened with my profile. My COPR is expiring on 30th May and I had sent an email to Sydney office on 25th asking them to extend medicals (just wanted something on record and was taking a shot) so that I can be issued COPR once travel restrictions ease up. I got a response from them that since my medicals were already extended once, they won't be able to do so again and that they will send a new medical request in due course.

Yesterday I got an email saying there is an update in my account, and post login I see that my COPR and counterfoil details have vanished. Eligibility section now again says "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" and Final decision now says "Your application is in Progress"

I have not seen anyone's COPR details being removed before the expiry of their COPR. Cannot make sense of these changes myself. Would appreciate your point of view

vishalbrij

Feb 4, 2020
INDIA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-01-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
I am PNP-Outland resident of USA. My application was being processed at CIO Sydney. In USA there is no local visa office. We send passports to Ottawa for stamping. Thanks.
Our AOR 17 January, 2020 but nothing effect. Its really bad for outland india. totally bad news for india.

aswappan

Jun 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-Jan-2020
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2020
Looks like discussions are going on regarding opening the borders for vaccinated passports sometime soon. Any idea guys?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

A very strange thing happened with my profile. My COPR is expiring on 30th May and I had sent an email to Sydney office on 25th asking them to extend medicals (just wanted something on record and was taking a shot) so that I can be issued COPR once travel restrictions ease up. I got a response from them that since my medicals were already extended once, they won't be able to do so again and that they will send a new medical request in due course.

Yesterday I got an email saying there is an update in my account, and post login I see that my COPR and counterfoil details have vanished. Eligibility section now again says "We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" and Final decision now says "Your application is in Progress"

I have not seen anyone's COPR details being removed before the expiry of their COPR. Cannot make sense of these changes myself. Would appreciate your point of view
Your medicals have to be valid when your application is being processed and also when you land in Canada. Once your medicals expire, you will be asked to re-do the meds.

To redo the meds, your applicatio has to be reopened before a request can be sent, and if the application is reopened, the eligibility status will go back to in progress and the current COPR (if issued) will be revoked.

This is the normal process.

May 15, 2020
You cannot changed your spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying now. Only if you get married, and your family composition changes, only then your eligibility will not be calculated.

If you changed your spouse from non-accompanying to accompanying, it will be subject to re-calculation of your CRs.
Hi Legal Falcon,
How will they compare the new CRS points? Will it be the current draw points?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Legal Falcon,
How will they compare the new CRS points? Will it be the current draw points?

If your family composition changes after you have submitted your application, then the cRS score is not recalculated.

However, if you change your non accompanying spouse to accompanying, your cRS will be recalculated with spouse accompanying.

See https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/assessing-electronic-application-on-section-a11-2.html

Change in circumstance declared after an e-APR has been submitted
To assess an application under section A11.2, a processing office must consider the information in an applicant’s profile at the time of the round of invitations and the information provided when the applicant submits their e-APR. After an e-APR is submitted, an application cannot be refused due to a change in circumstance unless
  • the officer determines that the change occurred before the applicant submitted their e-APR and that the change would have caused the applicant to be refused under section A11.2: therefore, the application should be refused under section A11.2; or
  • the change in circumstance means the applicant no longer meets the minimum requirements of the program to which they are applying; therefore, the application may still meet the requirements of section A11.2 but can be refused for failing to meet program requirements.
For example, if an applicant marries before they submit their e-APR but informs IRCC of the marriage only after they submit their e-APR, the marriage can be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment.
If, however, an applicant marries after they submit their e-APR, then informs IRCC of the marriage, the marriage cannot be taken into account as part of the section A11.2 assessment. However, the change in circumstance may affect whether the applicant still meets the program requirements. See below for details.

Changes to family composition
All family members must be examined as part of the e-APR, whether they are accompanying the principal applicant or not. Family members can be added to the application at any time during the process, including after the visa is issued, but prior to obtaining permanent resident status. Applicants are instructed to inform IRCC immediately if their family composition has changed (e.g., birth of a child, marriage, divorce).
Pursuant to subsection R4(1), the principal applicant may not include a spouse or common-law partner in their application if their relationship was entered into primarily to acquire any status or privilege under the Act or is not genuine. Similarly, in accordance with subsection R4(2), the principal applicant may not include an adopted child in their application if the adoption was entered into primarily to obtain any status or privilege under the Act or if it did not create a genuine parent–child relationship.
Section A11.2 does not apply when an applicant adds a family member to their application after the e-APR; however, the family member will have to be assessed, and the principal applicant must provide IRCC with the Additional Family Information form [IMM 5406 (PDF, 570KB)] and pay the applicable fees online.

gamzoog

Feb 1, 2021
VO Ottawa. Not sure which officer started the process as in my latest gcms dated 22 April 2021 file was assigned to RC-9515 which is regional centre Ottawa
Hi, could you share where can you see the location (the location code) the file is assigned to? I can only see it is CPC Ottawa. Thanks!