+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

vinvar25

Jan 2, 2017

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations for submitting your eAPR and becoming part of January 2020 AOR gang.

This thread is to assist everyone with questions in relation to process tracking, trends, processing timelines concerns and just to get together and plan the upcoming move over to Canada while trying to understand when to expect your PPR.

Good luck!

I will be sharing some statistics below to help you with the process.

----

Please submit your questions here and will do my best to answer those!

All the best and see you in Canada!
Hi Everyone,

My brother submitted all his documents in February 2021. He did his MBA from the University of Concordia, Quebec. He uploaded scanned copy of his Degree and transcripts as proof of Education. He received a cancellation of the application yesterday stating:

Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
Canadian Education Credential:
o Proof of your completed Canadian credential (degree) was not provided with your application. This document is required based on the education details you provided in your Express Entry profile. The transcripts you have provided with your application have been reviewed, however, the documents provided do not overcome the requirement of providing a completed Canadian credential (degree). Applications submitted without proof of information provided in your Express Entry profile cannot be considered complete.

What other document is required to support that he has completed his Canadian degree? Or was this cancellation sent by mistake? We submitted a web form asking for more clarification. Is anyone else is also facing the same issues?

Thanks
Vineeta

Hussain53

Mar 3, 2020
hello my medicals expired on 27th November the status on my online profile showed you do not need medical exam its 3 months now with the same status so I dont know whether they are extended or should I do re medical?

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
In combination with information from CBSA and the security manual they use one can ascertain

Here is the link to the manual
Thank you for your reply. Highly appreciated
One more clarification: would my security info show if i order "GCMS Notes from CBSA"? or does it have to be "CBSA notes"?
Several websites are offering two different set of notes from CBSA, and I dont know which one is better for me

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Thank you for your reply. Highly appreciated
One more clarification: would my security info show if i order "GCMS Notes from CBSA"? or does it have to be "CBSA notes"?
Several websites are offering two different set of notes from CBSA, and I dont know which one is better for me
The results (outcome) of security screening are almost never shown in any notes, it's redacted. What you can find out is if security has started or not, is in-progress and infer from data in the notes that it may have been completed and also what type of security screening will be done.

Each website seems to have it's own interpretation of what is called CBSA Notes you can always read/ask for clarification. It should include GCMS notes + travel history + security update. Not everyone needs all this.

You can obtain GCMS notes from IRCC and/or CBSA and likely be better off requesting it from CBSA at least. Same cost and process, only thing different is the consent form, you can see them all at https://consent.gcmsnotes.com/ To hedge against delays you can request from IRCC and CBSA as well.

Here is a detailed comparison of GCMS from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu

Last edited:
Reactions: jule1989

jule1989

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
The results (outcome) of security screening are almost never shown in any notes, it's redacted. What you can find out is if security has started or not, is in-progress and infer from data in the notes that it may have been completed and also what type of security screening will be done.

Each website seems to have it's own interpretation of what is called CBSA Notes you can always read/ask for clarification. It should include GCMS notes + travel history + security update. Not everyone needs all this.

You can obtain GCMS notes from IRCC and/or CBSA and likely be better of requesting it from CBSA at least. Same cost and process, only thing different is the consent form, you can see them all at https://consent.gcmsnotes.com/ To hedge against delays you can request from IRCC and CBSA as well.

Here is a detailed comparison of GCMS from IRCC vs CBSA
Thank you!

Reactions: caipsnotes

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
Thanks. Did you order GCMS but from CBSA instead of IRCC? Or it's a different set of notes that CBSA will issue?
Initially, I ordered GCMS and then later CBSA. Security activites weren't hidden in CBSA, so was able to know from them.

Reactions: jule1989

pnp051

Feb 27, 2021
Hello, I am new here for someone who applied on 30th Jan 2020 and documents submitted and one medical and all.
the main applicant, she is in Canada and another partner, he is in India. It's been hard due to this covid and border lock.

i know there is no progress timeline accuracy due to covid but now they thinking about get back in India and continue their life in India but I would say if they have waited this long then a little longer to get the opportunity to continue their journey in a country like Canada. they got express entry and applied over I think 470 points

so is there any hope near soon or sill long wait....!

wish for the best to them and you all !!!

ankitraheja

Jan 16, 2021
Hi, I am tried to raise a webform but I only get generic emails.

"
Good day,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that the application is still in process.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruption caused by COVID-19 is not reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

Furthermore, please note that there are two ways you can check your application status online. You can verify the status of your application:

• Submitted by mail (if it was not linkedto an online account):
  • Submitted online orsubmitted by mail and linked to an online account:
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

1. What can I do to ask them a pointed questions about which stage our case is in?

2. What is the phone number to speak with the IRCC? I can't call them at all. I have PNP nomination. Will it help to call a specific office?

THanks

saravanankav

Jul 28, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon

FSW-Inland candidate, AOR January 21, 2020. VO-Ottawa. I received GMC notes twice, one in August 2020 and again in December 2020. Both times, same information, Page 2 of my notes say the following:

"ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved"

There has been no movement on my file since July 2020, and today I saw a ghost update, "Application updated", with no changes in the status inside my application page. My application has been in "Final: Approved" status since July 21, 2020, and has not changed ever since. The only step pending is for an officer to approve and close my file. Given the recent ramp up of IRCC to process application, does this ghost update mean something good for me? Thank you for your help in advance!

Reactions: nousername2020

jeremy11235

Feb 13, 2021
Hi @legalfalcon

FSW-Inland candidate, AOR January 21, 2020. VO-Ottawa. I received GMC notes twice, one in August 2020 and again in December 2020. Both times, same information, Page 2 of my notes say the following:

"ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Cancelled
Final: Approved"

There has been no movement on my file since July 2020, and today I saw a ghost update, "Application updated", with no changes in the status inside my application page. My application has been in "Final: Approved" status since July 21, 2020, and has not changed ever since. The only step pending is for an officer to approve and close my file. Given the recent ramp up of IRCC to process application, does this ghost update mean something good for me? Thank you for your help in advance!
Almost same situation for me (CEC inland January 2020 applicant) too. Still no ghost updates either.. last update for me was March 2nd, 2020...