+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
@legalfalcon please advise me:

When I submitted my PR application a year ago, my Proof of funds were as per Canada’s PR requirement, and I submitted bank letter for the same.

However, later I transferred funds to my another account with a different bank.

If again Canada Immigration ask me proof of funds then I can provide them evidence of funds with my second bank.
My question: Can immigration authorities ask me to provide a clearletter from my old bank where originally funds were maintained ? Or 6 months proof of funds with my new bank is enough.

Acutelly, now I have loan with my old bank , which I want to avoid to show to Immigration. But, second bank account is without any loan.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon please advise me:

When I submitted my PR application a year ago, my Proof of funds were as per Canada’s PR requirement, and I submitted bank letter for the same.

However, later I transferred funds to my another account with a different bank.

If again Canada Immigration ask me proof of funds then I can provide them evidence of funds with my second bank.
My question: Can immigration authorities ask me to provide a clearletter from my old bank where originally funds were maintained ? Or 6 months proof of funds with my new bank is enough.

Acutelly, now I have loan with my old bank , which I want to avoid to show to Immigration. But, second bank account is without any loan.
You can provide the letter from the new bank and the transactions, to show that you transferred the funds and you meet the 6 months average balance requirement.

Old bank documents will not be required.

Reactions: tar86

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
hi, thank you for response. i just have one more question that if i leave my current country of residence and go back to country of origin do i have to provide reason to ircc or just change of address is enough?
You do not have to provide any reason. Just inform them that your COR has changed and the new address.

Your re free to move to any country and you do not have to give any justification.

Haydi

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
@legalfalcon Hello hope you are doing fine, after some reading online and on this forum tell me if I got this right, I already got my application approved and medicals extended to 22 dec 2021 as per my GCMS notes, still haven't received the COPR nor the PPR mail, until I get them I can't travel to Canada due travel restrictions? Even if I have a brother there? And if I could rejoin Canada if I am exempt of travel restrictions can I do it before receiving the PR? I f so would it matter if my brother is actually living in Montreal and I am an express entry applicant?
Just a small question, how long it took to get the GCMS notes?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Just a small question, how long it took to get the GCMS notes?
It's almost as good as coin toss whether you will receive your GCMS file in 30 days or if it's going to take far longer

This is based off stats from IRCC see
https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/documents/pdf/english/corporate/publications-manuals/atip-2019-2020-en.pdf

CBSA on other hand has a better track; review this detailed comparison for requesting Gcms Notes from IRCC vs CBSA https://bit.ly/34nuJPu that others are quoting from

Reactions: Haydi
Feb 23, 2021
For me it was around 90 days.
Some GCMS notes are delayed. The legislation allows for extensions when the response requires internal or external consultations, additional review time due to large amount of records, or when the review could interfere with Service operations.