Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon, a question for someone being a PR and being within Canada. Can his parents travel to Canada on a visit visa and live with him (doing the 14 days quarantine) or do they have to also go through the approval stage which is newly ammended in Canada's travel restrictions? Do parents need to provide any document proving their son is a PR living in Canada?
You only become a PR after you land and are admitted. Getting a PR visa and COPR does not make you a PR.

The parents can come, but if the applicant is landing the first time as a PR, then they cannot claim travel exemption as the applicant is not a PR yet .

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon and other expert forum experts.
Hello,
I am FSW-O applicant with AOR 2 Jan 2020 currently in Australia but originally from Pakistan now as my visa is expiring next month i plan to go back to Pakistan and wait. I even plan to get married when I go back so wanted to ask what impact will that have on my application ?i know it will delay it but anyways nothing is happening as such so dont mind waiting .After marriage when I inform ircc will my eligibility ,background, security start all over again as my recent GCMS notes show all cleared and ready for approval .lastly ,I will change the bank details to my home country and although it will have more funds then required it wont be 6 months old so will get have any impact?
Thankyou!!
If you add your spouse, only your spouse's medicals, criminality and security will be done not yours' if it has already been done. Adding your spouse has no impact and if you get married, you have to inform IRCC of the change of composition.

See https://bit.ly/3nIuJ4R

Reactions: Hussain53

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hello @legalfalcon @caipsnotes and other forum experts :)

Have been following this forum since a long time and I really appreciate how supportive yourself and other forum members are.

Need your kind help in comprehending GCMS notes that we just have received

AOR: Jan 2020

The notes are as follows:

ASSESSMENT:
Eligibility: Passed
Security: Blank ............ Page 2 of GCMS notes has s 15(1) printed on top right corner.
HIRV: Blank
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime: Blank
Misrepresentation: Blank
Info Sharing: Complete
Other Reqs: Blank
Final: Blank.

Notes 3 (in short) states the above and that the PA meets all requirements and the case office seems to be satisfied and notes Ready to Finalize.

Need your help in understanding what exactly is meant by Ready to Finalize, what will be the next steps and how much time may be required for the final step.

Thanks a bunch and Regards.
Hi. Your application is in good shape with Eligibility passed and security screening is the next step. This is good progress and just wait for the process to take its course. As per IRCC

Due to the impacts of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), IRCC can’t
  • process applications normally
  • provide accurate processing times
IRCC is prioritizing applications from

• Canadians returning to Canada
  • vulnerable people
  • people who perform or support essential services
Separately HIRV is Human and International Rights Violation part of the security screening process done by CBSA

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
You only become a PR after you land and are admitted. Getting a PR visa and COPR does not make you a PR.

The parents can come, but if the applicant is landing the first time as a PR, then they cannot claim travel exemption as the applicant is not a PR yet .
@legalfalcon thanks for your reply. I am not sure if I understood your answer well. I will rephrase it. My parents have a valid visit visa to Canada presently. In case I get my copr and I travel to Canada and officially have the stamp on the COPR and become a PR, can my parents follow me to Canada, say within a weeks time after I have reached?

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
@legalfalcon thanks for your reply. I am not sure if I understood your answer well. I will rephrase it. My parents have a valid visit visa to Canada presently. In case I get my copr and I travel to Canada and officially have the stamp on the COPR and become a PR, can my parents follow me to Canada, say within a weeks time after I have reached?
@legalfalcon I meant can my parents come to visit me within a weeks time? Or do they have to go through the approval stages which are set for compassionate reasons?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Yes, only after you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR. Then they will fall under the family reunification travel exemption, however you will need authorisation:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

Family reunification
The Orders also exempt foreign nationals whose travel to Canada is authorized in writing by an officer designated under subsection 6(1) of the IRPA, for the purpose of reuniting immediate family members.

The definition of immediate family member described above continues to apply, and this provision is not applicable to extended family members.

In order for a foreign national to be eligible under this exemption, there must be 2 or more foreign nationals who are immediate family members of each other, and authorizing 1 or more of them to enter Canada must allow them to be reunited.

While the foreign national’s immediate family member must be a resident in Canada, that family member does not have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

This means that a foreign national with an immediate family member temporarily residing in Canada as a worker, visitor, student or protected person, would be exempt under this provision if provided with written authorization.

An adult child of a person residing in Canada temporarily may be eligible under this exemption. This is because, while the child is not an immediate family member of the parent, the parent is an immediate family member of the child.

Written authorization may be issued to facilitate family unity at the onset and allow for the whole family to travel together and establish residence in Canada. There is no requirement for the head of family (for example, a worker or student) to come to Canada first and the rest of the family travel at a later date with authorization letters to reunite in Canada.

Accompanying family members may be issued written authorization under this family reunification provision if they are not otherwise exempt under another exemption. However, their travel must still be non-optional and non-discretionary. Generally those accompanying family members seeking to establish themselves in Canada will be considered to be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

The objective of this exemption is to facilitate unity of immediate family members who have or would be separated as a result of these travel restrictions. Migration officers and case processing officers are to assess the circumstances surrounding the foreign national’s travel prior to authorizing in writing that the foreign national is exempt under this provision. As noted above, the officer must be satisfied that the foreign national is not travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose.

Newbie82

Mar 2, 2020
Yes, only after you land in Canada and are admitted as a PR. Then they will fall under the family reunification travel exemption, however you will need authorisation:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html#family-reunification

Family reunification
The Orders also exempt foreign nationals whose travel to Canada is authorized in writing by an officer designated under subsection 6(1) of the IRPA, for the purpose of reuniting immediate family members.

The definition of immediate family member described above continues to apply, and this provision is not applicable to extended family members.

In order for a foreign national to be eligible under this exemption, there must be 2 or more foreign nationals who are immediate family members of each other, and authorizing 1 or more of them to enter Canada must allow them to be reunited.

While the foreign national’s immediate family member must be a resident in Canada, that family member does not have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

This means that a foreign national with an immediate family member temporarily residing in Canada as a worker, visitor, student or protected person, would be exempt under this provision if provided with written authorization.

An adult child of a person residing in Canada temporarily may be eligible under this exemption. This is because, while the child is not an immediate family member of the parent, the parent is an immediate family member of the child.

Written authorization may be issued to facilitate family unity at the onset and allow for the whole family to travel together and establish residence in Canada. There is no requirement for the head of family (for example, a worker or student) to come to Canada first and the rest of the family travel at a later date with authorization letters to reunite in Canada.

Accompanying family members may be issued written authorization under this family reunification provision if they are not otherwise exempt under another exemption. However, their travel must still be non-optional and non-discretionary. Generally those accompanying family members seeking to establish themselves in Canada will be considered to be travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

The objective of this exemption is to facilitate unity of immediate family members who have or would be separated as a result of these travel restrictions. Migration officers and case processing officers are to assess the circumstances surrounding the foreign national’s travel prior to authorizing in writing that the foreign national is exempt under this provision. As noted above, the officer must be satisfied that the foreign national is not travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose.
@legalfalcon thank

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
Hi Everyone, just an update, We raised a webform on Oct 2, and got a reply from IRCC today:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

AOR - January 31, 2020
OUTLAND PNP - NS

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon thank you. How do I aquire the authorization for my parents in that case? Can you highlight the procedure for that?
<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/travel-restrictions.html>

Foreign nationals with an application in progress or who already hold a valid TRV or eTA will communicate with IRCC through the designated channels in the Temporary residence: COVID-19 program delivery instructions to ensure expedited processing and the issuance of a letter.

You have to provide all the above documents to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/visa.html

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
@legalfalcon

Does it help to apply GCMS notes / webform again especially considering the last update during my call with IRCC on 28th Sept 2020 was that final decision is pending?

My AOR is 10th Jan 2020 and I have applied for GCMS notes and webform only once each in August and September respectively.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Everyone, just an update, We raised a webform on Oct 2, and got a reply from IRCC today:

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize the/your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

AOR - January 31, 2020
OUTLAND PNP - NS

To see what webform responses mean see https://bit.ly/316UUIB

Reactions: Renalpe

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon

Does it help to apply GCMS notes / webform again especially considering the last update during my call with IRCC on 28th Sept 2020 was that final decision is pending?

My AOR is 10th Jan 2020 and I have applied for GCMS notes and webform only once each in August and September respectively.
If you are certain that only the final decision is pending, then there is no need to request GCMS notes or send a webform. However, in many cases were IRCC call centre agents say the eligibility is passed, they do not specific whether it is recommended passed or passed by an officer.

If you can just, wait, be patient no need for anything.

If you are impatient and what to be sure that everything is in order and want to be relaxed, then you should consider GCMS notes.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019
If you are certain that only the final decision is pending, then there is no need to request GCMS notes or send a webform. However, in many cases were IRCC call centre agents say the eligibility is passed, they do not specific whether it is recommended passed or passed by an officer.

If you can just, wait, be patient no need for anything.

If you are impatient and what to be sure that everything is in order and want to be relaxed, then you should consider GCMS notes.
@legalfalcon Thanks. Actually when I ordered the GCMS notes in August, this was the status

Eligibility: Passed
Security:
HIRV:
Criminality: Passed
Org Crime:
Medical: Passed
Misrepresentation:
Info sharing: Complete
Other Reqts:
Final:

In notes 1, it is mentioned “File added to group 2-TPLFJM0.

Since I have s.15(1) mentioned on a few pages, I was unsure if security is completed or in progress. And so I had called IRCC to check towards end of September. That is when they informed me that final decision is pending.

I raised the webform in 2nd week of September since I hadn’t received the GCMS notes. It mentioned that background checks, security and criminality are valid.

Last edited:

Renalpe

Star Member
Nov 10, 2019
Philippines
@legalfalcon

Thank you for your reply on my post and for all the help u guidance to us applicants. Just one quick question, based on the statements below,

Does it mean the our eligibility check is still in process? because some has the statement like "The eligibility verification is currently valid".
Are the verifications, final or it can still change?

Thanks again!