+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

jeannej

Oct 30, 2019
Dear all,

I got an updated webform:
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
May I ask what the background verifications is?
I have stuck there for almost one month. It is exactly the same as the last one that I sent in May.

Thanks for any answers.

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
Dear all,

I got an updated webform:
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
May I ask what the background verifications is?
I have stuck there for almost one month. It is exactly the same as the last one that I sent in May.

Thanks for any answers.
Did you try search option, yet?

jeannej

Oct 30, 2019
Did you try search option, yet?
I did. I searched google and some other forums. Someone said background verification means criminal check, someone said it is part of the eligibility check regarding your background, while others said background verification includes criminal and security check.

I am asking because I am really confused. I understand there might be delay in security screening, but my security check has not been initiated yet.

If this is not the right place to ask this question, I apologize for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tanglechuu

rogerEE

Mar 13, 2020
Category........
FSW
I did. I searched google and some other forums. Someone said background verification means criminal check, someone said it is part of the eligibility check regarding your background, while others said background verification includes criminal and security check.

I am asking because I am really confused. I understand there might be delay in security screening, but my security check has not been initiated yet.

Background verification includes criminal and security check. For us outland the security check starts after eligibility passed. Hope it helps you.

Reactions: jeannej and egam189
Jun 22, 2020
Hi All, I had raised a web form requesting a status of my application. I had received my AOR on 20th Jan 2020. Biometrics submitted on 4th Feb, the status hasn’t changed since. I received the reply to my web form from DELHIIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca.
Could anyone help in understanding what this implies for my application? Have others also received reply from this email ID? The response was very generic saying that the offices are not working currently.

P.S. The reply to my previous web form raised in May came from CIC@Canada.ca

Rakshiruby

Star Member
Nov 25, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
12-11-2019
AOR Received.
07-01-2020
Med's Done....
24-01-2020
Since we’ve same timelines...Did you realise it should be 91% and 15 days? It’s been 165 since applied not sure why it’s still showing 17days instead of 15
Yeah. I don't know how they track the no of days! :/

shreeni

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Received a Ghost update today and Background status updated.

Timelines are as follows:
AOR : 23-Jan-2020
MEP: 06-Feb-2020
BIL: 07-Feb-2020
GU1: 26-Mar-2020 (no change in BG status)
GU2: 15-Apr-2020 (BG status changed to In progress)
GU3: 16-Apr-2020 (BG status changed to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information")

Can someone advise what stage my application is currently?
Hi Amit, Any update on your case ?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019

I guess I am writing this 10th time. Did you search on this Jan AOR thread? One of the searches on this forum, would have showed you that, BG checks are started as soon as EE applicantion is submitted & gets over as soon as eligibility phase is over or along with the security stage.

You don’t have to worry too much about BG & security. It’s not in your control.

The BG & security are kind of connected phases but area of focus & the concerned teams involved are different. IRCC sometimes don’t even need biometrics Or RCMP results for the BG. They have all information from you application.But, It’s not true in all cases. The security is more checking your PCC & feedback from CBP to confirm admissibility. The security can take a week or even months. Every application is different & many things to cover for IRCC.

You may not always get accurate status from Web-forms & that will never match with online account status. Whenever you will get webform response showing these stages are marked as Valid/pass, you don’t have to worry too much. After PR approved, online account will show you when all these are complete.
Does this Settle your confusion?

Dec 18, 2019
I raised Webform last week and received following response today early morning:

We verified the information on file and can confirm that everything appears to be in order with the application.

We can also confirm that your file is still in process and it is currently located at the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa, Ontario.

Also, you will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

· The eligibility review is complete.

· The security background verifications are valid.

· The criminal background verifications are valid.

· The medical examination have not been initiated.

My question is how come medical examination have not been initiated so far. It was already passed once and than I received Biometric requirement.

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020

We verified the information on file and can confirm that everything appears to be in order with the application.

We can also confirm that your file is still in process and it is currently located at the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa, Ontario.

Also, you will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

· Your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

My question is how come medical examination have not been initiated so far. It was already passed once and than I received Biometric requirement.
Are you inland or outland?

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019

Does it show Medical passed on online account? sometimes Officers keep Medical test check step at the end. It should be done real quick. If you are in-land expect the information/landing letter within 2-4 weeks.

Saleh Almstiri

Star Member
Oct 15, 2019
Libya
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney VS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Guys, I changed addressed and raised a web form to provide IRCC with my new address, however, I did not receive any feedback from them and did not have any ghost update?

Dec 18, 2019
Does it show Medical passed on online account? sometimes Officers keep Medical test check step at the end. It should be done real quick. If you are in-land expect the information/landing letter within 2-4 weeks.
Yes, It does show my Medical passed on Feb 12th. Hope to get some response soon.