My application timeline

invited under CEC class, NOC 2131
AOR jan 22
MED Feb 05
Bio request Feb 05
Additional document request Feb 05
Additional doc submitted feb 10
Bio submitted Feb 14

Does anyone know when will the background check and eligibility be update??

Thanks!

GG12345

Sep 27, 2019
My application timeline

invited under CEC class, NOC 2131
AOR jan 22
MED Feb 05
Bio request Feb 05
Additional document request Feb 05
Additional doc submitted feb 10
Bio submitted Feb 14

Does anyone know when will the background check and eligibility be update??

Thanks!

the background check will continue until final decision is made. Eligibility can take take up to 2-3 months or sometimes more if marked under 'review required'.

Reactions: matthew_131

RACHIT80

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
I got the biometrics letter on January 27, and got an appointment for Feb 25. I've been waiting almost a month for it. Here in Vancouver is extremely difficult to find a day for it.
I wonder if they continue evaluating your application while waiting for the biometrics.
just try walking into any bio-metric collection center and try if they can process it without appointment, don't wait too long.

matthew_131

Nov 11, 2017
I got the biometrics letter on January 27, and got an appoinment for Feb 25. I've been waiting almost a month for it. Here in Vancouver is extremely difficult to find a day for it.
I wonder if they continue evaluating your application while waiting for the biometrics.
go to chilliwack, i did mine within a week or two. surrey burnaby and richmond are all piled up

Abdullokh1994

Feb 19, 2020
Hi, we almost have the same timeline except for the RPRF request date because I'm still waiting for mine. Can I know which stream are you on if you don't mind?
That's great to hear. I've called IRCC the other day and they said that it's still too early to say anything about my case as it's only been 25 days since AOR.

Reactions: kthlnkrby

neve.rmind

May 15, 2019
Hi Gurus,
Could you help me understand what is current status of my application ? Has the profile reached IP2?
PNP- Outland : Ontario : CRS 1036: Number of applicants : 1+1 = 2
AOR: 16th January 2020
Biometrics Collection request: 1st February 2020
MEP : 1st February 2020
Biometrics Completion: 6th February 2020

Number of Emails received -
2 emails on 1st February 2020, with almost the same timestamp. Subject : "We sent you a message about your application "
1 email on 2nd February 2020, Subject: "We updated your application status"

Current information in the profile -

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • February 1, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • February 6, 2020 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What happens after you submit you application?

Answer:

Excellent post about it here: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/application-stages-what-they-mean-mep-ip1-ip2-ghost-update-version-2019.612656/

If you have an AOR of 31 Dec 2018 or later , follow the chart below to track your progress. Candidates will remain in a state of 'False IP2' throughout their application and only see a series of 'ghost updates' following their MEP; the first such ghost update (which should follow shortly after MEP) will signify your Real IP1, the second ghost update will signify your Real IP2, and the third will be your ‘Final’ Ghost Update, following which you are likely to receive your PPR.

If you have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018, the chart also applies to you if you meet one or more of these conditions: you are a CEC or PNP-Inland candidate, you were required to provide your biometrics or you did not pay your RPRF upfront.

Note for FSW-Outland candidates who have an AOR date of up to 30 Dec 2018: If you did not need to provide biometrics and paid your RPRF upfront, the old transition from NA1 all the way to a Final Ghost Update will still apply to you. Your Background Check should have started in NA1 ("Not Applicable" 1), meaning your Background Check status said "Not Applicable" right after you submitted your application.

General:
EE
- Express Entry: Canada's score-based program for economic immigrants
CRS - Comprehensive Ranking System: System for ranking candidates for EE
ITA - Invitation to Apply: an invitation to apply for permanent residence
e-APR - electronic Application for Permanent Residence: the online application for PR after receiving an ITA
RPRF - Right of Permanent Residence Fee: a fee collected as part of your PR application
AOR - Acknowledgement of Receipt (of application): email confirming receipt of your application after you submit and pay your fees
ADR - Additional Document Request: IRCC sends a message asking you to provide a specific document to supplement your application.

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Other notes:
1. The ‘eligibility’ and ‘final decision’ fields in your profile will not change to passed until after you receive your CoPR. This is an example of what a profile may look like following a CoPR.
2. Remember that these are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.

raindropcreature

Feb 25, 2020
Hello folks!!

AOR Jan 23 here

Received BIL on Feb 06 and had biometrics taken on Feb 7th. So far the biometrics status (see below) hasn't updated yet but it does show enrollment on the top right box
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 7, 2020
  • Expiry Date: February 7, 2030
Should I be concerned?

Review of eligibility
  • February 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Interview
Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Abdullokh1994

Feb 19, 2020
Hello folks!!

AOR Jan 23 here

Received BIL on Feb 06 and had biometrics taken on Feb 7th. So far the biometrics status (see below) hasn't updated yet but it does show enrollment on the top right box
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: February 7, 2020
  • Expiry Date: February 7, 2030
Should I be concerned?

Review of eligibility
  • February 6, 2020 You passed the medical exam.
Interview
Biometrics
  • We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.
Background check
Final decision
It's the same here. No, need to worry I've called IRCC and they said that it will take some time for that status to change.

Reactions: raindropcreature

bambisp

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
AOR Jan 21, BIL and RCMP requested Feb 4
Biometrics went in and cleared feb 5, RCMP took forever!
Did the CCRTIS on Feb 6, received it in the mail Feb 20. The days are slowly counting down but I'm not minding the wait.
i applied as FSW inland and have passed my medical and submitted biometrics after request. trying to get ahead of the RCMP letter, do you mind me asking what program you applied under?

Reactions: amit.s.22