India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24-Jan-2020
Med's Done....
7-Feb-2020
@legalfalcon . I have submitted my passport for CoPR. What I want to know is, is there still a chance of making a soft landing and return to India?
Certain circumstances at this point. Just wanted to know if I could make a soft landing as soon as I receive CoPR and return to India, and once the PR card is received, make a normal immigration to settle in there.
Many members would be waiting to hear from you on this topic. :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon . I have submitted my passport for CoPR. What I want to know is, is there still a chance of making a soft landing and return to India?
Certain circumstances at this point. Just wanted to know if I could make a soft landing as soon as I receive CoPR and return to India, and once the PR card is received, make a normal immigration to settle in there.
Many members would be waiting to hear from you on this topic. :)
There is nothing as a soft or hard landing. The day you enter Canada and are admitted and your COPR is stamped, you become a PR.

You have a right to leave Canada anytime, even the same day. Nothing stops you. However, to return back to Canada, you will need a PR card or a PRTD, which you will have to apply to form your country of residence if you do not have a PR card.

Honey&clover

Oct 5, 2017
Hi @legalfalcon my passport ends in January 2022 and I am going on vacation so I had to get a new one because I can't travel with my passport with less than six months in it. Should I raise a webform to IRCC informing them that my passport that I applied with and Got AOR got cancelled and that I have a new one with a new number now?

Thanks you always.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon my passport ends in January 2022 and I am going on vacation so I had to get a new one because I can't travel with my passport with less than six months in it. Should I raise a webform to IRCC informing them that my passport that I applied with and Got AOR got cancelled and that I have a new one with a new number now?

Thanks you always.
If you renew your passport, send the scan of the passport to IRCC via webform.

Reactions: Honey&clover

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
All that matters is that you have legal status in Canada, whether as a visitor or worker. If you want to travel back to you country of citizenship, you can, it will have no impact on the processing of your application.

Most applications are delayed.
Hi @legalfalcon, finally today I received the Golden email. I have a question for you... I received my PR confirmation email but my status as a visitor expires next tuesday, I'm unsure by then I will have my COPR, do you think I still have to apply for an extension of my visitor status or can I wait without problem for the COPR even if comes after my status as a visitor expires? Thank you for your help and support

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, finally today I received the Golden email. I have a question for you... I received my PR confirmation email but my status as a visitor expires next tuesday, I'm unsure by then I will have my COPR, do you think I still have to apply for an extension of my visitor status or can I wait without problem for the COPR even if comes after my status as a visitor expires? Thank you for your help and support
You have to be in status until you become a PR. If you are not in status, you may not be given a COPR.

It can take 2-6 weeks after you enter your details in the portal to get an e-COPR.

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
@legalfalcon
HI
I am reading your detailed notes but I am still confused about my case.
My gcms page 2 shows:
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Security:not started
Medical: passed
Info sharing complete

Notes: in the notes section, there are two notes: one is by a program assistant and the other is by a case processing agent. Both are in the Centralized intake office and they are about EE eligibility and saying everything is good and passed. A11.2 met.. R87 met ready to finalize.

The most recent note is in the office: RROC
It says label General. The text says literally:
"File reviewed - RRPF paid - passports valid fir 3 months - Meds valid for 3 months - OUTSTANDING: Security officer review requires"

Based on your explanations Legal falcon, I infer that my eligibility is not 100% passed right? And that security will only start after eligibility is 100% approved passed by an officer....
Then at the same time the most recent note is saying: everything is good and pending security officer review!!!!!!!! So this is like the chicken and egg story then! Security wont start until eligi is all done and eligibility is not reviewed by an officer and the most recent note is saying security officer review required....

What are your thoughts?!

Page 2 eligibility status is saying: passed not recommended passed so I am very confused.
I need to know so that I decide whethee to apply under the TR to PR stream as well before it closes on Nov 5th! If the eligibility is not 10000% then I better secure myself and have a backup application under TR to PR....

Thank you

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
You have to be in status until you become a PR. If you are not in status, you may not be given a COPR.

It can take 2-6 weeks after you enter your details in the portal to get an e-COPR.
Hi @legalfalcon, just wanted to let you know yesterday I received my approval and today I received credentials for the portal and also e-CoPR, it was so fast compared to others in the forum where takes weeks to get the document, maybe it was because my status was expiring soon. I want to thank you for your help during these hard months and this forum brought me a lot clarification with the situation. I know everybody is going to get it soon so hang in there a bit more, be patient the day will come. Thank you :)

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, just wanted to let you know yesterday I received my approval and today I received credentials for the portal and also e-CoPR, it was so fast compared to others in the forum where takes weeks to get the document, maybe it was because my status was expiring soon. I want to thank you for your help during these hard months and this forum brought me a lot clarification with the situation. I know everybody is going to get it soon so hang in there a bit more, be patient the day will come. Thank you :)
Congratulations and all the best for the journey ahead!!

Reactions: jedisson46

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon
HI
I am reading your detailed notes but I am still confused about my case.
My gcms page 2 shows:
Eligibility: passed
Criminality: passed
Security:not started
Medical: passed
Info sharing complete

Notes: in the notes section, there are two notes: one is by a program assistant and the other is by a case processing agent. Both are in the Centralized intake office and they are about EE eligibility and saying everything is good and passed. A11.2 met.. R87 met ready to finalize.

The most recent note is in the office: RROC
It says label General. The text says literally:
"File reviewed - RRPF paid - passports valid fir 3 months - Meds valid for 3 months - OUTSTANDING: Security officer review requires"

Based on your explanations Legal falcon, I infer that my eligibility is not 100% passed right? And that security will only start after eligibility is 100% approved passed by an officer....
Then at the same time the most recent note is saying: everything is good and pending security officer review!!!!!!!! So this is like the chicken and egg story then! Security wont start until eligi is all done and eligibility is not reviewed by an officer and the most recent note is saying security officer review required....

What are your thoughts?!

Page 2 eligibility status is saying: passed not recommended passed so I am very confused.
I need to know so that I decide whethee to apply under the TR to PR stream as well before it closes on Nov 5th! If the eligibility is not 10000% then I better secure myself and have a backup application under TR to PR....

Thank you
Due to COVID IRCC has put in place many temporary measures to process applications and one of them is the creation of, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC). Usually, a final decision on eligibility is required for the security to be initiated, but it can be waived or the eligibility can be passed by another visa office instead of an officer in charge of the file based on specific circumstances. However, ultimately what matters is a final decision on your application, and unless the application is in progress, you will just have to wait.

Security usually takes an average of 110 days. See https://bit.ly/3FSgAuU

User1id2

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Due to COVID IRCC has put in place many temporary measures to process applications and one of them is the creation of, the Rapid Response Operations Centre (RROC). Usually, a final decision on eligibility is required for the security to be initiated, but it can be waived or the eligibility can be passed by another visa office instead of an officer in charge of the file based on specific circumstances. However, ultimately what matters is a final decision on your application, and unless the application is in progress, you will just have to wait.

Security usually takes an average of 110 days.
Thank you

Does having the most recent note saying: ( File reviewed- RPRF paid - meds and passports valid for 3 months- outstanding: security officer review required) does this note mean my eligibility is conclusively passed or not ?

Is it still possible that an officer disagree with both the program assistant and the case processing agent ?

Do you think it makes sense to apply under TR to PR as a back up ?
Thank you

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you

Does having the most recent note saying: ( File reviewed- RPRF paid - meds and passports valid for 3 months- outstanding: security officer review required) does this note mean my eligibility is conclusively passed or not ?

Is it still possible that an officer disagree with both the program assistant and the case processing agent ?

Do you think it makes sense to apply under TR to PR as a back up ?
Thank you
Unless a final decision is made on the application, making any predictions is futile. IF you do not have any notes that create any concerns, you should not worry.