+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Has anybody called IRCC recently? Are they accepting calls that are NOT about Afghanistan?
I had but its almost a month ago now. Asked my friend who's in canada to conference me when she called them. But when she called from within canada it was still going to the automated system that only mentioned they are servicing Afghan issue and few others related to change in situation (marriage, child, updated docs etc.) For anything else the voice message said to raise a webform. I raised a webform and first got an automated reply about the afghan issue. After that I got two more emails (probably a system glitch) both a week apart with a generic response that was slightly different from the first Afghan one. I've been trying to reach them to for a remed request but no luck. For some reason whenever I call the two centers (where im located) for an upfront med they need a request letter.

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
Is Canada even serious about FSW applications? Do we need them or they need us? Are they doing charity through their FSW program? I thought it was about getting skilled workforce (who will also make babies) inside Canada to help improve its GDP! What are they doing sitting on our files like this? Holding on to our money and our files for 2 years without any information! And you cant get any information directly unless you order GCMS notes by paying money! And GCMS notes are nothing but 150+ pages of the same information! The least we can expect from them is to be more open and explain the situation to us applicants! We are not 'refugees'. We are skilled workforce!
I understand that CEC and PNP have more chances of integrating with the Canadian society and to find stable jobs, so I kind of see what they are doing. But you are 100% right, they need at least to give us information about what is the plan and what is the timeline. For my application for example they did not say anything since March 2020. That is totally unacceptable.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon

On the flip side of things, I am sure there are 1000s of people in these forums who really really appreciate the work that you do. You are not paid for this and sometimes not even thanked but still you keep doing what you do. Instead of being grateful, these sorry excuses of human beings vent their own personal frustrations on you.

All of us really admire what you do and really appreciate your timely help and understanding. Please always know that for one of them there are 1000s of us. Please don't take this to heart and god bless your soul for helping us through the toughest of times!
Appreciate your kind words.

I joined the forum in 2015 when I myself was a prospective immigrant. With my legal training and now as a licensed lawyer in Canada, US and India, if I can contribute back, that is what I do. People have opinions, but immigration is based on law. If someone likes my response and it helps them, great, if not, there is no dearth of info (misleading and informative) floating around. However, there is no need to hurl abuses and inappropriate language. It just ruins and dampens the entire morale of the community, which already is facing a lot of challenges.

I won't be able to do this forever, but until the work from home is available and I can spare 1-2 hours a day with my legal practice and court appearances, I will continue.

Bayanta

Star Member
Jun 29, 2018
Appreciate your kind words.

I joined the forum in 2015 when I myself was a prospective immigrant. With my legal training and now as a licensed lawyer in Canada, US and India, if I can contribute back, that is what I do. People have opinions, but immigration is based on law. If someone likes my response and it helps them, great, if not, there is no dearth of info (misleading and informative) floating around. However, there is no need to hurl abuses and inappropriate language. It just ruins and dampens the entire morale of the community, which already is facing a lot of challenges.

I won't be able to do this forever, but until the work from home is available and I can spare 1-2 hours a day with my legal practice and court appearances, I will continue.
For what it's worth, you are doing a great job keeping up with all the posts and tags!

Yqing237

Jun 12, 2019
Is Canada even serious about FSW applications? Do we need them or they need us? Are they doing charity through their FSW program? I thought it was about getting skilled workforce (who will also make babies) inside Canada to help improve its GDP! What are they doing sitting on our files like this? Holding on to our money and our files for 2 years without any information! And you cant get any information directly unless you order GCMS notes by paying money! And GCMS notes are nothing but 150+ pages of the same information! The least we can expect from them is to be more open and explain the situation to us applicants! We are not 'refugees'. We are skilled workforce!
You are not until you find a job.

vvee66

May 18, 2021
My office was Sydney. I requested GCMS notes every three months and yeah I sent a webform informing them my status was expiring soon, they read that and I believe that was the reason my application was processed because after two days of receiving the generic email they always send, they did everything and super fast: golden email, credentials for portal and e-CoPR in two days when usually takes weeks according to other applicants.
Hi, you mean that you sent webform informing IRCC your current visa was expiring, right? this give me some hope at least. thank you

Ree89

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
Trinidad
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Hi all, just wanted to say that based on my gcms notes which I applied for at the end of July my file was finally approved. It apparently was approved the day I got a GU (July 10) about my meds being extended. Still waiting on ppr but it’s at least a step in the right direction so just grateful to finally see approved

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
Hello @legalfalcon (urgent)

I recently ordered gcms notes after getting a request to submit schedule A for spouse in aug 2021. In the notes I see info sharing of my spouse from countries like aus,nzl,usa. My husband has b1/b2 usa visa rejection back in 2019. I forgot to mention dat in schedule A as I didn't find any of the column asking for this information. Although the other countries like aus, nzl in the info sharing section has NRT as status usa section status says ready to be assessed. Your response and guidance to this will be highly appreciated. Shud I write a explanation letter stating the b1/b2 visa rejection to ircc and the reason why it was applied?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon (urgent)

I recently ordered gcms notes after getting a request to submit schedule A for spouse in aug 2021. In the notes I see info sharing of my spouse from countries like aus,nzl,usa. My husband has b1/b2 usa visa rejection back in 2019. I forgot to mention dat in schedule A as I didn't find any of the column asking for this information. Although the other countries like aus, nzl in the info sharing section has NRT as status usa section status says ready to be assessed. Your response and guidance to this will be highly appreciated. Shud I write a explanation letter stating the b1/b2 visa rejection to ircc and the reason why it was applied?
When you submit your application in the statutory questions it is clearly asked if you have had a visa rejection. If you answer no to it, knowing that you have had a visa rejected, you should inform IRCC.

All visa refusals should be disclosed. IF you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE. If you did not disclose it in your application, you can send a web form and inform IRCC of the same.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

Ruks

Star Member
Jun 13, 2018
When you submit your application in the statutory questions it is clearly asked if you have had a visa rejection. If you answer no to it, knowing that you have had a visa rejected, you should inform IRCC.

All visa refusals should be disclosed. IF you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE. If you did not disclose it in your application, you can send a web form and inform IRCC of the same.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law, you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>
Thank you so much for your guidance on this topic. I send them a webform stating the refusal which I failed to mention in schedule A and also the section under which it was refused. Will this be enough or should I also mail them coz I know my visa office.