+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

pk2711

Jan 15, 2020
Yes, I got remed request yesterday.
I got two GUs on my profile last Sunday and then on Monday. However nothing after that. I have an expired medicals and they aren't sending me a remed request. Im unable to get remed done in India without that letter. Just feel so stuck. My AOR is dec 2019. Prior to that I had another visa petition rejection in 2019 and was hoping Canada would work out, but nothing so far! just SO tired!!

vp31

Oct 9, 2021
By the grace of God, I finally received my PPR email today! No words to describe the feeling of it.
My profile:
PNP (ontario) - Outland (India)
Aor: 27th jan 2020
Medical and biometrics in Feb 2020
Remedicals in Feb 2021
PPR mail - 6th Oct 2021

The wait has been really long and frustrating!
Hi Pritesh,
Many Congratulations!

I have a similar timeline:
PNP (Ontario) Outland from India
AOR: 2nd Jan, 2020
Remedicals: Feb 2021
PPR mail: 6th Oct 2021 ['READY FOR VISA' email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca]

When you say, you received your PPR mail, are you referring to above mail or PPR letter in IRCC account? [No update in IRCC account yet in my case.]

My query is:

Should I treat this email as Passport Submission Letter and raise a webform to VFS Canada (in India) to arrange for passport submission, or will I have to wait for PPR letter in my IRCC GC Key account for that?

Thanks.

jedisson46

Oct 30, 2020
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIC
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-01-2020
Med's Done....
04-05-2020
Hi @legalfalcon, kindly need your expertise with my situation. I'm AOR January 15 2020 inland, been in Canada since then with a visitor visa, with all the covid situation I managed to keep my visitor status during this time. I'm wondering if they are not approving my PR because I'm in Canada as a visitor and not under a work or study permit, that status matter? My permanent residency is Canada, I have been living for over 5 years already, but before I applied to PR I lost my working status and I couldn't make it to get a BOWP. I would like to know this in order to maybe travel back to my country and trigger my application to finalize it or can I still living in Canada as a visitor and keep waiting for the golden email. Thanks in advance for your comments. This waiting is unbearable now and I would like to stop this pause in my life.

Reactions: raindropcreature

karma0512

Star Member
Jan 4, 2020
have my FSW-O application submitted on Jan 2020 and the GCMS Notes says it's approved; would applying for a Visitor Visa from USA right now and getting it approved somehow expedite my PR Application?

Kash1994

Star Member
Jul 17, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon could you please advise if vaccination certificate is mandatory now during re medical. I did remedical and i was informed it is mandatory. I have not taken any vaccine yet. Can it cause any problem with my medicals getting approved

pritesh27

May 24, 2019
Hi Pritesh,
Many Congratulations!

I have a similar timeline:
PNP (Ontario) Outland from India
AOR: 2nd Jan, 2020
Remedicals: Feb 2021
PPR mail: 6th Oct 2021 ['READY FOR VISA' email from IRCC.CIO-BRCD.IRCC@cic.gc.ca]

When you say, you received your PPR mail, are you referring to above mail or PPR letter in IRCC account? [No update in IRCC account yet in my case.]

My query is:

Should I treat this email as Passport Submission Letter and raise a webform to VFS Canada (in India) to arrange for passport submission, or will I have to wait for PPR letter in my IRCC GC Key account for that?

Thanks.
Yes this is the passport request letter based on which I raised webform to vfs for 2 way courier.. I believe we won't get any update on cic account until visa is stamped and counterfoil number is generated. Once stamping is done ircc account will get updated and everything will get passed which still shows in progress to us.

Jraci

Jul 28, 2018
Mines expired and they never requested. But I applied through FSW-O. I have no clue what to do as I am not able to get a medical appointment without a request letter.
Where are you from? I did my remeds last week upfront.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon could you please advise if vaccination certificate is mandatory now during re medical. I did remedical and i was informed it is mandatory. I have not taken any vaccine yet. Can it cause any problem with my medicals getting approved
All Panel Physicians have now been asked to verify the vaccination status and based on the country where you are getting your meds, it may be mandatory. You will have to ask your panel physician for these details.

COVID-19 vaccination
The panel physician may offer you a Government of Canada-accepted COVID-19 vaccine if it is available. Vaccination is completely voluntary and is not required as part of your exam.

If you receive the COVID-19 vaccine during your exam, the panel physician will record it.

If you’ve already been vaccinated for COVID-19, even if you have only received 1 dose,

• bring proof of your vaccination to your exam
    • proof can be a paper copy or an electronic version
  • the panel physician will record your proof of vaccination with your exam
  • keep a copy of the vaccination record given to you by the panel physician
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

vp31

Oct 9, 2021
Yes this is the passport request letter based on which I raised webform to vfs for 2 way courier.. I believe we won't get any update on cic account until visa is stamped and counterfoil number is generated. Once stamping is done ircc account will get updated and everything will get passed which still shows in progress to us.
Thanks!

One more tentative query, if you or anyone else could shed some light on it; though I hope I don't face the situation where I need to find its answer:

My medicals will expire in Feb, 2022. I plan to land in Canada before that. But if, by chance, due to special circumstances such as covid lockdown etc, one cannot meet the deadline, does IRCC consider the situation to extend the medical exam validity or ask to get new medicals done? And if they do request for remedical, do they issue new PPR/ COPR for such cases?

Ladyinblack

Oct 14, 2020
Hi @legalfalcon
I am not able to log in my immigration account. It says invalid or expired.
why is this so? Anyone faced the same issue??
My Aor is January 2020, only final decision was pending now its not opening

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon, kindly need your expertise with my situation. I'm AOR January 15 2020 inland, been in Canada since then with a visitor visa, with all the covid situation I managed to keep my visitor status during this time. I'm wondering if they are not approving my PR because I'm in Canada as a visitor and not under a work or study permit, that status matter? My permanent residency is Canada, I have been living for over 5 years already, but before I applied to PR I lost my working status and I couldn't make it to get a BOWP. I would like to know this in order to maybe travel back to my country and trigger my application to finalize it or can I still living in Canada as a visitor and keep waiting for the golden email. Thanks in advance for your comments. This waiting is unbearable now and I would like to stop this pause in my life.
All that matters is that you have legal status in Canada, whether as a visitor or worker. If you want to travel back to you country of citizenship, you can, it will have no impact on the processing of your application.

Most applications are delayed.

Reactions: jedisson46

pritesh27

May 24, 2019
Thanks!

One more tentative query, if you or anyone else could shed some light on it; though I hope I don't face the situation where I need to find its answer:

My medicals will expire in Feb, 2022. I plan to land in Canada before that. But if, by chance, due to special circumstances such as covid lockdown etc, one cannot meet the deadline, does IRCC consider the situation to extend the medical exam validity or ask to get new medicals done? And if they do request for remedical, do they issue new PPR/ COPR for such cases?
I guess it's at their discretion. If the period of travel restriction is significant then they might allow the renewal of expired copr either by extending the medical or by asking to redo them. Otherwise, they have made it very clear that if you do not land before the expiry the copr will get invalid, and then you have to re-apply the whole application again. So we need to plan our landing accordingly while everything is still open.

Reactions: vp31

LayinLow

Mar 16, 2021
Thanks!

Its best to travel before they expire.. coz all the people with expired COPRs cud not travel due to covid lockdowns n as a result their files had to be reopened and remedical requests sent again.. the same eill apply to u

Reactions: vp31