+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>JANUARY 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

haiderimam

Star Member
Oct 21, 2018
The key questions about your eligibility has not yet been answered. Send another webform and ask specifically about eligibility.
I did asked about eligibility. Earlier 1st Web Form Reply received on 20-Aug-2020 (2nd web form reply may be referred on 717 above)

Do you have any suggestions now. If GCMS is a suggestion, need to know the quickest website.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office has verified if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
· The criminal background verification is currently valid.

• The medical examination results on file are valid.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your online account.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I did asked about eligibility. Earlier 1st Web Form Reply received on 20-Aug-2020 (2nd web form reply may be referred on 717 above)

Do you have any suggestions now. If GCMS is a suggestion, need to know the quickest website.

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office has verified if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your online account.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,
The webform suggests that your eligibility is passed / met. Now this could be a recommendation from analyst or assistant or could be a conclusive determination by an officer.

The GCMS notes will give you precise answer your re looking for, but they are not required as such. There is nothing as fast and slow GCMS service. All requests are processed under the Access to Information Act. As per section 7 of the Act, IRCC has to release the GCMS notes within 30 days. However, the current trend is 7-20 days.

See https://bit.ly/3hnHLAf

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY

Sincerely,

Your application is in good shape, you don't really need Gcms Notes at this point.

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi @legalfalcon If you get the PPR in current situation, how many days or months you can have for soft landing in Canada? Also, if one gets COPR how many days or months he would have to submit his passport in the embassy and how many days or months he gets to land in canada once the passport is stamped.

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi @legalfalcon If you get the PPR in current situation, how many days or months you can have for soft landing in Canada? Also, if one gets COPR how many days or months he would have to submit his passport in the embassy and how many days or months he gets to land in canada once the passport is stamped.
Currently soft landing in Canada is not permitted. IRCC has clearly stated:

These applicants can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if they plan to stay and settle. If they’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, they can’t do that right now unless they’re exempt from the restrictions. They must show

• proof of an acceptable plan to settle: documents to support their living situation in Canada (address, lease agreement, home ownership document), employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer) or any other relevant information
  • proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada: includes proof of funds (bank or credit card statements) and how they will access groceries, medical care and other essential services.
    • While in quarantine, they will not be able to leave their place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if they have no COVID-19 symptoms.
  • proposed travel itinerary: a description of their proposed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if they already have purchased them

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

After you received PPR, you get 30 days to submit your passport to the LVO in your country of residence.

The PRV is usually valid for until your medicals expire, the passport expires, either of which is earlier, to a maximum of 6 months.

Reactions: supernovamuz

supernovamuz

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Thank you, if for some
Currently soft landing in Canada is not permitted. IRCC has clearly stated:

These applicants can come to Canada and become a permanent resident now if they plan to stay and settle. If they’re planning on coming temporarily and leaving again, they can’t do that right now unless they’re exempt from the restrictions. They must show

• proof of an acceptable plan to settle: documents to support their living situation in Canada (address, lease agreement, home ownership document), employment plans in Canada (location of work, letter from employer) or any other relevant information
  • proof of an acceptable plan to quarantine for 14 days in Canada: includes proof of funds (bank or credit card statements) and how they will access groceries, medical care and other essential services.
    • While in quarantine, they will not be able to leave their place of quarantine for any reason. This is mandatory even if they have no COVID-19 symptoms.
  • proposed travel itinerary: a description of their proposed travel itinerary, including travel tickets if they already have purchased them

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/permanent-residence.html

After you received PPR, you get 30 days to submit your passport to the LVO in your country of residence.

The PRV is usually valid for until your medicals expire, the passport expires, either of which is earlier, to a maximum of 6 months.
Thank you, if for some reason I would not able to travel till January when my medical will be expired then can i request to redo medical and extend my travelling? Will they issue me another COPR?

Last edited:

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you, if for some

Thank you, if for some reason I would not able to travel till January when my medical will be expired then can i request to redo medical and extend my travelling? Will they issue me another COPR?
The COPR will only be issued if your medicals have not yet expired and are valid. Before the application is approved, during the final review, IRCC will make sure that your passport and medicals are valid.

If your medicals are about to expire, or have expired, IRCC will either extend them, or request for a re-med.

If you are unable to travel due to any circumstances, you can inform IRCC, and IRCC will let you know if you need a remed or if they are extending it.

Reactions: supernovamuz

pboi

Sep 22, 2020
Hey Guys!

I got AOR for FSW On February 23, 2020

MEP: completed March 4
Biometrics: completed March 4
Eligibility: Met
Criminality: completed
Security: Not Started

i called CIC on June 5th and they said security have not started yet but everything else is done. Just curious how long will it take until i get COPR? Anyone in the same situation? And what exactly is included in Security Check?
I am in the same state as well, I called IRCC and they said that everything is met, but security has not started. They cannot even any take action due to COVID and delays expected!. Did you receive any updates?

pboi

Sep 22, 2020
Hey Guys,
AOR-18 March 2020,
I got my GCMS notes on 18th August 2020 and below are summary from Assesments,
Eligibility : Passed.
Criminality, medicals : passed.
Security : not started.

RPRF : complete

I am just wondering why security has not yet started?

I spoke with an IRCC agent yesterday and the lady confirmed the above and stated that security has not stared! can anyone shed some light on what could be happening?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Hey Guys,
AOR-18 March 2020,
I got my GCMS notes on 18th August 2020 and below are summary from Assesments,
Eligibility : Passed.
Criminality, medicals : passed.
Security : not started.

RPRF : complete

I am just wondering why security has not yet started?

I spoke with an IRCC agent yesterday and the lady confirmed the above and stated that security has not stared! can anyone shed some light on what could be happening?
Is the Eligibility passed by an officer? You can confirm that by looking at the "Notes" section in the last few pages of your Gcms Notes and looking for "OFFICER REVIEW". Security usually starts after the officer has passed the Eligibility.

pboi

Sep 22, 2020
Is the Eligibility passed by an officer? You can confirm that by looking at the "Notes" section in the last few pages of your Gcms Notes and looking for "OFFICER REVIEW". Security usually starts after the officer has passed the Eligibility.
I could not find any "officer review" section in the notes. Ist June was the update on eligibility "passed." There was no progress since then. I believe the reason why security has not started is due to this!

Is there any way to push this to happen?
I believe covid is making this slow. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
I could not find any "officer review" section in the notes. Ist June was the update on eligibility "passed." There was no progress since then. I believe the reason why security has not started is due to this!

Is there any way to push this to happen?
I believe covid is making this slow. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Cheers.
Is the Eligibility passed by an agent/analyst in that case; you can confirm and it may look like the last sample here
As for security, unfortunately nothing one can do to push it to happen but look at the Gcms Notes carefully to confirm if Eligibility is conclusively passed. Usually once it's passed by an officer Security should start thereafter. Cheers.