+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 AINP NOI

Sharma Sachetna

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
I have not found any news/rumors of AINP draw in March 2020, till now?
(There was 5 draws in March 2019 )
Is this Corona Virus impact or something else - draw process seems moving very slow in AINP this year.

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I don't have LMIA, I'm on my Young professional visa. The LMIA process is not convenient for employers and they have to pay fee 1000CAD. I heard about one restaurant here in Jasper (Something Else restaurant) who sponsors for LMIA not sure if it's true though.
How did you get a valid job offer without having an LMIA? I thought that was necessary

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
How did you get a valid job offer without having an LMIA? I thought that was necessary
Even job offer without an LMIA is valid, an LMIA visa gives extra 50 points to your profile if you have a job offer. Which is not my case obviously.

Jessc

Mar 14, 2020
Hi,Can someone let me know there are quite a few provinces ,can we apply to all of them at once.I have just created my Express entry profile .How do you know when the provinces open.Apart from Alberta which other province can i apply without a job offer or relatives .CRS is quite low 335.

ansh2309

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
NOC 6311
Noi was the december 5 2019 (last draw of the year)
Application received jan 2,
File number jan 10
Nomination feb 6
ITA feb 19
still completing some documents to pass, maybe next week will be able to pass application for EE
Hi,Can someone let me know there are quite a few provinces ,can we apply to all of them at once.I have just created my Express entry profile .How do you know when the provinces open.Apart from Alberta which other province can i apply without a job offer or relatives .CRS is quite low 335.
Alberta is the only province who gives PNP with as low score as 300. What's your Job code and any connection to Alberta

Jessc

Mar 14, 2020
Alberta is the only province who gives PNP with as low score as 300. What's your Job code and any connection to Alberta
Thanks for your reply,No connections in Alberta the job code is1241.I still have to research and find out a lot of information on each province .All the information should be found on individual province website isnt it.

ansh2309

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Thanks for your reply,No connections in Alberta the job code is1241.I still have to research and find out a lot of information on each province .All the information should be found on individual province website isnt it.

This job code is in demand in Alberta. There are good chances.

Reactions: Jessc

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Even job offer without an LMIA is valid, an LMIA visa gives extra 50 points to your profile if you have a job offer. Which is not my case obviously.
Okay that is super interesting, because I could probably get that. Are you using your young professional job offer, or a new one?

Jessc

Mar 14, 2020
This job code is in demand in Alberta. There are good chances.
Sorry to to ask the most basics of questions to say the truth i am entirely new to the process and could you tell me how do you get information as to when a province opens up for intake.

ansh2309

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
Sorry to to ask the most basics of questions to say the truth i am entirely new to the process and could you tell me how do you get information as to when a province opens up for intake.
Alberta never disclose this information... Follow this thread. People who got nominations post information here when they got invitation..form Alberta.

Alberta automatically pick profile form express entry and issue NOI to candidates.

Reactions: Jessc

NiclasB

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
Also, do you have any good information from ainp regarding this? I definitely trust you. But I need some official information to present the idea to my employer

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Also, do you have any good information from ainp regarding this? I definitely trust you. But I need some official information to present the idea to my employer
Hey, no worries, I'm the same. Always double-check all the information provided. My lawyer can tell.

Regarding visas check AINP websites "Eligible applicants" (https://www.alberta.ca/ainp-selection-criteria.aspx). The most important thing is you MUST have valid status in Canada (WP) until the end of the assessment, otherwise, you're done. No implied status, nothing etc. But there's an exemption - if you already got your NOI and you applied for Alberta express entry stream then it's OK to be in implied status. This information got my lawyer directly from Alberta government bcs I was running out of my visa so we wanted to be sure if it's okay.
  • a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • a LMIA exemption for workers based on one of the following exemptions as determine by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC):
    • international trade agreements
    • workers transferred within a company
    • International Experience Canada
    • Mobilité Francophone
    • an open work permit issued by IRCC to..
  • a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) held by a graduate of an Alberta Advanced Education publicly funded post-secondary institution

Regarding job offers, check the same website (Eligible job offers). We had to update mine to accommodate Alberta's requirements. My YP job offer was just not good enough and outdated.