+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**----January 2019 Outland Application----**

sallafg

Apr 3, 2019
Yes, January 4th applicant here, no biometrics done yet but just waiting to hear something.
Same here Jan 14th application no biometrics even though I paid upfront. No news ever since approval sponsor and medicals in march that was passed. These guys need to get off there butts and get these forms done. Just found out that they haven't started security check on my wife yet.....very frustrating. Their system is not fair. But what can we do, suck it up and be patient? yeah! for patience........

JAMAL007

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman - Jordan
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-05-2014
Doc's Request.
07-05-2014
Nomination.....
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-08-2014
IELTS Request
07-05-2014
File Transfer...
19-08-2014
Med's Request
19-08-2014
Med's Done....
14-09-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
06-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-11-2014
Dear Friends, Please advise me on this case:

1. I have applied for Spouse Sponsorship in Jan/2019. My wife has received Medical Request and Passed in March 2019. Since that time we did not hear back any thing.
2. I have requested GCEM and got it last week, here are main points:
1. Sponsor and Sponsored were approved in March 2019.
2. GCEM says that Biometric was requested via letter in March 2019, but we did not get...even in the GCEM, they said; No copy is available.
3. The file was transferred to London Visa Office in March 2019...we did not hear back since then.
4. It is mentioned in the GCEM that Sponsor is living outside Canada and it is VO to determine his intention to return back to Canada.

My inquires:
1. What shall I do regarding Biometric Letter, GCEM, says was sent, but I did not get it. On my Ecas, also, not requested...
2. How can I overcome that the sponsor is living outside Canada? Any advice??
3. It is now 9 months, without update...Shall I contact the VO London?

Regards,
Jamal

beethoven5

Feb 15, 2017

1. I have applied for Spouse Sponsorship in Jan/2019. My wife has received Medical Request and Passed in March 2019. Since that time we did not hear back any thing.
2. GCEM says that Biometric was requested via letter in March 2019, but we did not get...even in the GCEM, they said; No copy is available.
3. The file was transferred to London Visa Office in March 2019...we did not hear back since then.
4. It is mentioned in the GCEM that Sponsor is living outside Canada and it is VO to determine his intention to return back to Canada.

My inquires:
1. What shall I do regarding Biometric Letter, GCEM, says was sent, but I did not get it. On my Ecas, also, not requested...

Regards,
Jamal
I actually don't know about the biometric letter. But living outside canada if you're a citizen should be fine. How did they find out that you're living outside Canada? Did you declare it yourself?

Reactions: FVPupnorth

FVPupnorth

Feb 2, 2019
Category........
FAM

My inquires:

Regards,
Jamal
If I were you, I would phone them (VO, since that's where your file is now) to ask what you should do about the biometrics situation, explaining what it says in the notes you received about not having a copy on file. Ask if they can send you another request and you can process it now.

While I was on the phone with them I would also ask if there is any update they can give you on the file ... it can't hurt to ask!

BTW it's really only 7 full months from Jan. 20th to Aug 22nd so technically it could take another 5 months to complete since they tell us 80% of files are completed within 12 months. :) Hang in there!

Reactions: lion.com

aby1098

Sep 25, 2011
Category........
FAM
As far as the transfer of file is concerned, it’s completely normal. Your process takes around 8-10 months in new delhi from the date ot was received.
8-10 months in Delhi ? They may issue the PPR next month.

Tuhin_Ashraf

Star Member
Apr 30, 2014
Hello. I applied for my wife. Me PR and my wife outside of canada. She got request for Biometric.

1. What is this linking application? Where to link? Can I get the link please?
2. Can anyone please give me doc for timeline?

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
Hey guys, I just found this board.

Hoping that someone could give us some advice on our timeline because I havent received the biometrics Instruction Letter yet.
I'm a Swedish national.

Application recieved Jan 15
Sponsor Approval March 2
Requested medical March 6
Request for additional information March 9
Transfer to Paris on March 13
Started processing March 19
Medical sent in April 30 (delayed due to re-test. CIC notified about the delay)
Additional info received May 3rd

I havent head anything since they confirmed that they received the additional documents in may.
I just ordered GCMS.

Any advice or just sit tight and wait?
Sit tight and wait. I ordered GCMS juky 11th and still nothing. Maybe your VO will provide them sooner

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019

My inquires:

Regards,
Jamal
How long did u have to wait for your GCMS notes

Jaybee43

Feb 28, 2019
For anyone whose spouse/partner landed at Vancouver International Airport, how did it go for you? I will be arriving there from Saskatchewan about 15 mins before my partner gets there from Australia.

Will we be able to connect before his interview? Does that happen after he passes through customs? I'm just trying to work out the logistics.

Thank you!
For anyone whose spouse/partner landed at Vancouver International Airport, how did it go for you? I will be arriving there from Saskatchewan about 15 mins before my partner gets there from Australia.

Will we be able to connect before his interview? Does that happen after he passes through customs? I'm just trying to work out the logistics.

Thank you!
Your partner will head straight immigration after getting off the plane. He/she will be brought into a back office where theyll verify the visa and start the paperwork for health card sin number etc. Could take a while. Once finished your partner will be sent to.collect baggage and.then into the arrivals hall. If u want to connect with your partner b4 all this have your partner log into the airport wifi while walking slowly to.the immigration hall. Good luck

pettar2462

Jan 25, 2016
Hey everyone! I officially landed TODAY!! Woohoo!!

Although there was a wee glitch. The agent asked me what my delivery address for my PR card was AFTER she hit "okay", and it was not the correct address. It was my American address and not my Canadian address. She said she couldn't go in and change it because she already hit "okay" and I would have to contact CIC Monday morning to get that changed ASAP before they send my card out. EEEEP!

Has anyone come across this issue? What is the best number to call? Is this something I can just update on CIC's web form? Frustrating, but also VERY EXCITED to be a permanent resident FINALLY!! Any guidance would be great!

Thanks!!