+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 onwards Paper Based PR Applicants waiting for AOR/MR/PPR

ran.nanua1

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I need advice. PNP has contacted me about leaving my job, even though I have PR. They say "PNP is meant to fill positions long-term, not only for the permanent residency processing timeframe". When I got PR IRCC said I could work and live anywhere inside the nominating province which I am doing. I'm really worried about this....What are they going to do to me? :(
u left the job within a week

Aunty23

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Ye

Yes but province can withdraw your nomination anytime and cancel your pr . As I told you talk to the pnp officer. When did you left your job ?
They can't do that once you get PR. They can only withdraw if your application is still in process and you leave the job without telling them. The thing that can get your PR revoked is if the province nominate you and you leave the province after you get PR

Adaw

Nov 18, 2020
You shouldn't have left until everything was finalized
Hindsight is 20/20, believe me I know.

However, going from the officers email even waiting til it was "finalized" wouldn't help here. The problem seems to be what PNP considers "long-term employment". It seems the two years I worked wasn't long enough. How long is? The PNP leave it vague. Even on this forum we don't seem to know, consensus is "stay in the province" (as it should) but no one ever considers "how long should/do I have to stay in my nominated job after PR?"

I could be looking at the same email today even if I had worked an extra two years after PR.

Aunty23

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Hindsight is 20/20, believe me I know.

However, going from the officers email even waiting til it was "finalized" wouldn't help here. The problem seems to be what PNP considers "long-term employment". It seems the two years I worked wasn't long enough. How long is? The PNP leave it vague.

I could be looking at the same email today even if I had worked an extra two years after PR.
No, they can't tell you to work for 1 job for 10 years. People have preferences and if one job is not working In your favour, you have all right to change because there are good better best jobs. All I can see there is because it is not fully finalized.

Adaw

Nov 18, 2020
No, they can't tell you to work for 1 job for 10 years. People have preferences and if one job is not working In your favour, you have all right to change because there are good better best jobs. All I can see there is because it is not fully finalized.
Isn't a CoPR the same as PR card (while its valid)? Quote from the CoPR:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.

Aunty23

Star Member
May 14, 2020
Isn't a CoPR the same as PR card (while its valid)? Quote from the CoPR:

I am pleased to advise you that your application for permanent residence in Canada is now complete. Congratulations! You are now a permanent resident of Canada!
This letter constitutes an official document issued by the Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. You can provide a copy of this letter to prove that you are a permanent resident of Canada and to apply for benefits and services for which you are eligible, until you receive your permanent resident card.
Yes. You are a PR so there is no grounds for the province to send such a letter. I believe that your employer is being vindictive. Site reasons for leaving the job because if you cant pay your bills working that job then you have to find another job. Outline a the details in your letter to the province. Some of these employers wants to treat us badly because they know that we have received nomination under their employment.

RamanManraj

Star Member
Aug 30, 2020
Hlo guys can anyone tell me why they send pr application to local office ( Vancouver) and how much time they need to be process the application

longtimenosee

Nov 23, 2020
Hi guys. I am also facing problem. I got my PR cards 2 months ago and got demotion and my hours are also reduced due to covid (but still full time same job position). However, still i want to continue to work for my employer because they provide me permanent job. Should i notify my province about such changes when I already got PR and working same employer? Thank you so much