Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
HELLO GUYS
IS SOMEONE STILL WAITING FOR FINGER PRINTS REQUEST
I APPLIED ON JAN 21
ON MY ECAS ITS SHOWS
  1. We started processing your application on April 5, 2019.
  2. AND THATS IT NOT NEWS AFTER THAT?
Fingerprint request is not for everyone. I am not sure what the criteria is. But looking at the pattern in google sheet, whoever got FP request haven't received test invite yet. So, not getting FP request seems to be a good thing.
And I am in the same boat as yours. My ECAS shows, "We started processing your application on April 18, 2019." That's it. Nothing else.

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Can some one help me for the following point:
 If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application. Note: If you are a minor who has applied under subsection 5(1), both you and the authorized person who applied on your behalf must be present at the interview unless you received a waiver of the requirement to have an authorized person apply on your behalf.

I have my daughter 6 years old applied with me in the same time, do I need to take her for the test interview?
Thanks,

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
thanks a lot, I called them on May 14th and they told me they received it, but I'm not sure when is the exact dates

and advises about the test? can you guys help me with the questions application names?

thanks,
Any one can help with this one as well?
Thanks,

Srigem

Mar 2, 2015
Can some one help me for the following point:
 If you were under 18 years of age or 55 years of age or older on the date you signed your application, you are not required to demonstrate your knowledge of Canada or your knowledge of English or French. You are receiving this notice solely for the purpose of attending an interview with a citizenship officer to verify your identity and the originals of the documents you provided with your application. Note: If you are a minor who has applied under subsection 5(1), both you and the authorized person who applied on your behalf must be present at the interview unless you received a waiver of the requirement to have an authorized person apply on your behalf.

I have my daughter 6 years old applied with me in the same time, do I need to take her for the test interview?
Thanks,
not required. apart from person attending test, no one else is allowed

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Fingerprint request is not for everyone. I am not sure what the criteria is. But looking at the pattern in google sheet, whoever got FP request haven't received test invite yet. So, not getting FP request seems to be a good thing.
And I am in the same boat as yours. My ECAS shows, "We started processing your application on April 18, 2019." That's it. Nothing else.
There are a few possible reasons, but some are definitely random. One person from Jan got FP and test invite a few days ago, for mid-July I think. Those who got request seem to have to wait 3-6 months minimum. Plus if you get FP you have to pay, then chase CIC to confirm they got them.

Any one can help with this one as well?
Thanks,
I didn't know what you meant by "questions application names". But the advice everywhere seems to be read the book, and take some practice tests, but mainly read the book. And memorize it one assumes. The officers at the test apparently make a lot of threats about revoking your application if you post details; which is fair enough I guess.

Reactions: Abud83

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
There are a few possible reasons, but some are definitely random. One person from Jan got FP and test invite a few days ago, for mid-July I think. Those who got request seem to have to wait 3-6 months minimum. Plus if you get FP you have to pay, then chase CIC to confirm they got them.

I didn't know what you meant by "questions application names". But the advice everywhere seems to be read the book, and take some practice tests, but mainly read the book. And memorize it one assumes. The officers at the test apparently make a lot of threats about revoking your application if you post details; which is fair enough I guess.
I mean phone apps for the test

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Hi guys!

How's everyone doing? Aside from checking ECAS everyday (talking about myself) :)

I've scrolled several forums here, to see similar situation/s so we know what to do but thought I'd pick your brain here so we can finally decide how to proceed .. my family and I are planning to go visit my husbands family (mostly his ailing grandmother) With his work situation and my EI (Maternity) it makes more sense for us to go in September - if we haven't completed the citizenship process by then and if test or oath taking invites happened while we are out of the country, do we need to go back here or is it possible to get it rescheduled and any idea how? Will it be a shorter wait or do we go "back in line" again? Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Irishlady

Oct 22, 2015
Hi there,

An update on our FP request: The 30 days had passed since we submitted FP and ECAS was not updated, so i submitted the FP receipt through the online web form and stated that FP was completed within the 30 day timeframe and CIC responded by email today to confirm they have received FP. They did not state when, but for anyone else waiting for ECAS to update and having no luck when calling maybe submitting the receipt might get a quicker response for you too.

:)

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Hi every one
I want to get info about doc evaluation I applied in Winnipeg Police but on application submission time they require to assess but I was not aware.
I sent my doc without evaluation now my question is should I need to send secondary and higher secondary school certificate with bachelor and master or only master and bachelor would works? and my second question is ,I also wanna o CPA here in Canada so should I need to submit separate app for study purpose and employment purpose and I am in Canada how can I sent my request to relative board and university any family member can do in Pakistan? and which one is better WES or IQAS
Thanks