+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Just wrote my citizenship test today. Got 19/20...my advice, read the book a couple time early on and spend the majority of your time working on the practice questions. I'd say 18/20 of the questions were either exactly like the practice questions or a slight reword/restructure of the practice questions. There were one or two date questions as well but moreso understanding the significance of a date, not the actual date itself. I was done in less than 5 minutes but took an extra few minutes to review my answers.

Outside of that, did the interview which had the immigration officer ask a few questions about my employment and living situation plus reviewed my original documents that I submitted. She cross-checked my dates outside the country with what was in my passport, reviewed my CELPIP results, my PR card, Drivers license (about 10-15 minutes), signed another form and that was it. She said the invite for the Oath ceremony should happen before november but I'll probably get an invite for end of summer.

Good luck everyone!
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience. i am sure it's very helpful for lot of people here.
Did you check you ECAS? Did it change to "Decision Made"?

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your experience. i am sure it's very helpful for lot of people here.
Did you check you ECAS? Did it change to "Decision Made"?
Haven't checked but I can go and look

EDIT: Yeah it's decision made

Last edited:

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
I have an acquaintance who shared their experience when they applied for citizenship. They were out of the country for several months during the processing. They just emailed the CIC office where they were supposed to take their test/interview that they weren't available so they were rescheduled. For how long? That I don't know.

The IRCC will provide you a way how to contact them in case you aren't able to attend your test/interview and oath ceremony as well.
Thank you for the inputs. Trip will be in Europe for the entire month of September and we are hoping to get the process all done before that. So yes it will be costly for us to go back in between travels. We haven't booked anything yet cause we are still weighing our options.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Thank you for the inputs. Trip will be in Europe for the entire month of September and we are hoping to get the process all done before that. So yes it will be costly for us to go back in between travels. We haven't booked anything yet cause we are still weighing our options.
If you already have a set travel date, then go as what jc94 suggests that let IRCC know you won't be in the country on September and if possible not to send you test/interview letter. Yes traveling internationally is quite expensive especially when booking for a rush return trip. Hope you figure things before your intended travel dates. And another thing to take into consideration is applying for a passport after the oath ceremony. The earliest would be 2-3 business days after oath.

Abud83

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi to everyone,

Why is Calgary so slow? I see they are giving test dates for July 17 witch is 7 weeks ahead, others go from 2 to 4 weeks. Plus I see people from February that already have test date.

Please add me as well ;)
ID: r2d2spain
App Type: Family of 4
Physical Presence: 1642
App sent: Jan 20, 2019
App received: Jan 24, 2019
AOR: March 20, 2019
In Process: April 1, 2019
Because the building is too big, and it's take time from them to walk from room to room :)

Dextor

May 31, 2019
Hello,

Here are my details

Username: Dextor
Application Type: Single
Physical Presence: 1200 days
Application sent: January 22, 2019
Application Received: January 25, 2019
AOR: March 19, 2019

Since March there is no update on my application. I have checked ECAS by clicking on the link which says Application Received and there is only 2 point update there
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 25, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 19, 2019.
I have already contacted IRCC who told me that is the latest development on my file and that there is no new update.

Anyone has any ideas / suggestions ?

bandwidth

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2010 1st AOR; 23-03-2011 2nd AOR; 08-03-2012 In Process
Med's Request
23-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 (Passport Submitted: 16-01-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2013
Hi, please update my record:

Decision Made: June 1, 2019

Passed the test yesterday too!

Thank you!

Reactions: pillow

bandwidth

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2010
AOR Received.
05-10-2010 1st AOR; 23-03-2011 2nd AOR; 08-03-2012 In Process
Med's Request
23-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-01-2013 (Passport Submitted: 16-01-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2013

kanya2281

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
Toronto-
Received application on 18 Oct 2018
Acknowledgement on 7 January by email
Started Processing application on 16 January 2019

please guide what’s going on with my application:)

Thanks in advance,

justinlei

Feb 1, 2019
I done my fingerprint on May 8th, 2019. I called RICC this morning and I was told that RICC have not received my fingerprint yet. However, two weeks ago, I called RICC to check the status of my fingerprint and I was told that RICC got my fingerprint. I am really confuse that two reps told me totally different results. I may need to call again tomorrow morning to confirm.

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I done my fingerprint on May 8th, 2019. I called RICC this morning and I was told that RICC have not received my fingerprint yet. However, two weeks ago, I called RICC to check the status of my fingerprint and I was told that RICC got my fingerprint. I am really confuse that two reps told me totally different results. I may need to call again tomorrow morning to confirm.

How were you able to talk to an agent at RICC? I tried and I was not able to talk to anybody ( except hear recorded options), could you please let me know, the number and options you dialed, if you can remember? pls. Thank you.