+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

r2d2Spain

Feb 17, 2015
Hi to everyone,

Why is Calgary so slow? I see they are giving test dates for July 17 witch is 7 weeks ahead, others go from 2 to 4 weeks. Plus I see people from February that already have test date.

Please add me as well ;)
ID: r2d2spain
App Type: Family of 4
Physical Presence: 1642
App sent: Jan 20, 2019
App received: Jan 24, 2019
AOR: March 20, 2019
In Process: April 1, 2019

Reactions: Abud83 and pillow

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I mean phone apps for the test
Some good links here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/some-helpful-links-to-ease-your-journey.621992/

Hi there,

An update on our FP request: The 30 days had passed since we submitted FP and ECAS was not updated, so i submitted the FP receipt through the online web form and stated that FP was completed within the 30 day timeframe and CIC responded by email today to confirm they have received FP. They did not state when, but for anyone else waiting for ECAS to update and having no luck when calling maybe submitting the receipt might get a quicker response for you too.

:)
I don’t think ECAS ever updates for FP
received... Good to know you can write them too though as not everyone can spend so much time calling and sitting in queue! Would recommend everyone sends this after 3 weeks or so as seems to take about that to normally be done from the few cases I have seen dates for.

Reactions: Abud83

Q1A2S3I4M

Feb 26, 2019
Hi every one
I want to get info about doc evaluation I applied in Winnipeg Police but on application submission time they require to assess but I was not aware.
I sent my doc without evaluation now my question is should I need to send secondary and higher secondary school certificate with bachelor and master or only master and bachelor would works? and my second question is ,I also wanna o CPA here in Canada so should I need to submit separate app for study purpose and employment purpose and I am in Canada how can I sent my request to relative board and university any family member can do in Pakistan? and which one is better WES or IQAS
Thanks
Sorry admin, I know this is not the right thread/ space for such kind of posts, just trying to help..
Rameez Raja - I am not sure about the documents evaluation for employment purposes but for CPA I got my credentials assessed through WES.. their process is straight forward, go through their website and you will know what to do.. If I remember correctly you would need to create an account with WES, provide information that which school you will need your degrees assessed for (CPA WSB) and pay the fees after entering all of your education hitory, once done you will get some sort of a form/ paper that will have WES address and information on how to send you attested degrees to them.. send this to your family in Pakistan who will take this to HEC along with your original degrees/ certificates, HEC then, will attest and give him the sealed envelop which he will mail to WES directly.. But remember HEC will only attest your degrees if you have all of your degrees and certificates attested from univesities and schools first so before going to HEC your brother will need to get your secondary and post secondary certificates attested from relevant boards (Rawalpindi Board/ Punjab Board etc) and degrees I am sure are already attested from universities in Pakistan but double check to make sure... One WES jas received your degrees, they will send them to CPA who has their own process of assessment, one thing I forgot to tell you that before this whole process you will need to apply for admission in CPA and CPA will then ask you to get your degrees assessed and sent to the, they have their own fees for this...
Hope it helps

Reactions: r4rameezraja

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hi guys!

How's everyone doing? Aside from checking ECAS everyday (talking about myself) :)

I've scrolled several forums here, to see similar situation/s so we know what to do but thought I'd pick your brain here so we can finally decide how to proceed .. my family and I are planning to go visit my husbands family (mostly his ailing grandmother) With his work situation and my EI (Maternity) it makes more sense for us to go in September - if we haven't completed the citizenship process by then and if test or oath taking invites happened while we are out of the country, do we need to go back here or is it possible to get it rescheduled and any idea how? Will it be a shorter wait or do we go "back in line" again? Thanks in advance and have a great day!
I have an acquaintance who shared their experience when they applied for citizenship. They were out of the country for several months during the processing. They just emailed the CIC office where they were supposed to take their test/interview that they weren't available so they were rescheduled. For how long? That I don't know.

The IRCC will provide you a way how to contact them in case you aren't able to attend your test/interview and oath ceremony as well.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi guys!

How's everyone doing? Aside from checking ECAS everyday (talking about myself) :)

I've scrolled several forums here, to see similar situation/s so we know what to do but thought I'd pick your brain here so we can finally decide how to proceed .. my family and I are planning to go visit my husbands family (mostly his ailing grandmother) With his work situation and my EI (Maternity) it makes more sense for us to go in September - if we haven't completed the citizenship process by then and if test or oath taking invites happened while we are out of the country, do we need to go back here or is it possible to get it rescheduled and any idea how? Will it be a shorter wait or do we go "back in line" again? Thanks in advance and have a great day!
I have an acquaintance who shared their experience when they applied for citizenship. They were out of the country for several months during the processing. They just emailed the CIC office where they were supposed to take their test/interview that they weren't available so they were rescheduled. For how long? That I don't know.

The IRCC will provide you a way how to contact them in case you aren't able to attend your test/interview and oath ceremony as well.
Well to be it depends upon financial situation and were you are going. For me, I've been away once or twice since applying, and may be going away for a longer weekend or two more in the future. If a test date came up while away, I would most likely drive/fly back for the test/oath early.

Clearly, this works better if you are only travelling relatively closely to your local office. The only trip I'll be warning CIC about is next December if it gets that far as it's 2-3 weeks and travelling back internationally would be very expensive. Clearly I am hoping to be all done by then, but appreciate I may not be.

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wrote my citizenship test today. Got 19/20...my advice, read the book a couple time early on and spend the majority of your time working on the practice questions. I'd say 18/20 of the questions were either exactly like the practice questions or a slight reword/restructure of the practice questions. There were one or two date questions as well but moreso understanding the significance of a date, not the actual date itself. I was done in less than 5 minutes but took an extra few minutes to review my answers.

Outside of that, did the interview which had the immigration officer ask a few questions about my employment and living situation plus reviewed my original documents that I submitted. She cross-checked my dates outside the country with what was in my passport, reviewed my CELPIP results, my PR card, Drivers license (about 10-15 minutes), signed another form and that was it. She said the invite for the Oath ceremony should happen before november but I'll probably get an invite for end of summer.

Good luck everyone!

vincentca

Mar 3, 2019
Hi guys,

I passed the test yesterday and during interview I was told I was granted the citizenship. Today I checked ecas the status was changed to Decision Made. The ceremony will be hold after 2-3 months.

Please update the excel sheet, thanks:)
Decision Made - May 30.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Just wrote my citizenship test today. Got 19/20...my advice, read the book a couple time early on and spend the majority of your time working on the practice questions. I'd say 18/20 of the questions were either exactly like the practice questions or a slight reword/restructure of the practice questions. There were one or two date questions as well but moreso understanding the significance of a date, not the actual date itself. I was done in less than 5 minutes but took an extra few minutes to review my answers.

Outside of that, did the interview which had the immigration officer ask a few questions about my employment and living situation plus reviewed my original documents that I submitted. She cross-checked my dates outside the country with what was in my passport, reviewed my CELPIP results, my PR card, Drivers license (about 10-15 minutes), signed another form and that was it. She said the invite for the Oath ceremony should happen before november but I'll probably get an invite for end of summer.

Good luck everyone!
Hi guys,

I passed the test yesterday and during interview I was told I was granted the citizenship. Today I checked ecas the status was changed to Decision Made. The ceremony will be hold after 2-3 months.

Please update the excel sheet, thanks:)
Decision Made - May 30.
Awesome news, thanks both and many congratulations!

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Well to be it depends upon financial situation and were you are going. For me, I've been away once or twice since applying, and may be going away for a longer weekend or two more in the future. If a test date came up while away, I would most likely drive/fly back for the test/oath early.

Clearly, this works better if you are only travelling relatively closely to your local office. The only trip I'll be warning CIC about is next December if it gets that far as it's 2-3 weeks and travelling back internationally would be very expensive. Clearly I am hoping to be all done by then, but appreciate I may not be.
The acquaintance I was referring to went back to their home country as the wife was on maternity leave and the husband took some time off from work. They enrolled their older child (3 years old) at a pre-school hence the reason they weren't able to fly back to Canada asap for their test/interview as the older child was enjoying school together with the cousins in their home country.

I think if their international travel was only 5 hours away they wouldn't hesitate to fly back immediately. Im not sure how long their travel time is but I assume it's more than 5 hours.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
The acquaintance I was referring to went back to their home country as the wife was on maternity leave and the husband took some time off from work. They enrolled their older child (3 years old) at a pre-school hence the reason they weren't able to fly back to Canada asap for their test/interview as the older child was enjoying school together with the cousins in their home country.

I think if their international travel was only 5 hours away they wouldn't hesitate to fly back immediately. Im not sure how long their travel time is but I assume it's more than 5 hours.
Only advice I can say if what I've seen here and will do myself, if you are going away for a few weeks/months then a while before going contact CIC to say you'll be out date x to date y and please don't send test invite or anything waiting for in that period.

Now given some people are getting test dates 6 weeks out, I think I would probably contact CIC two months before travel. If possible. It sucks and may indeed be a delay but having to say I can't make this date or change international (for me) flights would be prohibitively expensive.

r4rameezraja

Star Member
Dec 21, 2017
Sorry admin, I know this is not the right thread/ space for such kind of posts, just trying to help..
Rameez Raja - I am not sure about the documents evaluation for employment purposes but for CPA I got my credentials assessed through WES.. their process is straight forward, go through their website and you will know what to do.. If I remember correctly you would need to create an account with WES, provide information that which school you will need your degrees assessed for (CPA WSB) and pay the fees after entering all of your education hitory, once done you will get some sort of a form/ paper that will have WES address and information on how to send you attested degrees to them.. send this to your family in Pakistan who will take this to HEC along with your original degrees/ certificates, HEC then, will attest and give him the sealed envelop which he will mail to WES directly.. But remember HEC will only attest your degrees if you have all of your degrees and certificates attested from univesities and schools first so before going to HEC your brother will need to get your secondary and post secondary certificates attested from relevant boards (Rawalpindi Board/ Punjab Board etc) and degrees I am sure are already attested from universities in Pakistan but double check to make sure... One WES jas received your degrees, they will send them to CPA who has their own process of assessment, one thing I forgot to tell you that before this whole process you will need to apply for admission in CPA and CPA will then ask you to get your degrees assessed and sent to the, they have their own fees for this...
Hope it helps
thanks a lot