+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

ranjana17

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I am working on my Citizenship application and planning to submit it by 1st week of January. I created this forum as I couldn't find one for the 2019 applicants.

If there is an existing forum, I would request the Champion members to guide me there.

I have few questions and I am looking for someone to help me with them:

1) I landed in Canada on 20Jan2015. My eligibility period starts from 2014 Jan and I was in India waiting for my PR then.

Do I need a Police Clearance Certificate from India for this time?

2) I came here on spouse PR so never wrote a language test. Though my PGDM/ MBA degree and mark sheets are in English (it didn't state that the medium of instruction was English).

I also have my High School and Higher Secondary Certificate which is in two languages( English and Hindi) and it mentions that English was my subject and my scores in exams.

Will all these documents suffice as proof of English? Do I still need a letter from my college stating medium of Instruction was English?

3) Do I need to submit my Notice of Assessment for Tax Years to speed up my process?

Looking forward to your advice :)
Hey,
I have the same case like yours for proof of English. Did you submit your Degree, Marksheets for Citizenship? That worked for you or not?
I also have my degree and mark sheets in English but it didn't say that the medium of instruction was English.

Can anyone please help? Is that worked for anyone here for Citizenship?

Thank you so much for your help.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hey,
I have the same case like yours for proof of English. Did you submit your Degree, Marksheets for Citizenship? That worked for you or not?
I also have my degree and mark sheets in English but it didn't say that the medium of instruction was English.

Is your degree from a Canadian University? If so, I don't think they need the medium of instruction.

irele

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th May, 2014
Hello, I completed my test today and tomorrow is my Oath ceremony.

Test - 22nd May 2019
Oath Ceremony - 23rd May 2019

essiralc14

Star Member
Sep 10, 2013
Manitoba
Hey,

My friend submitted her Diploma/Certificate and transcripts as proof of language. They accepted it. All her documents are in English (not translated).

vikhere

Star Member
Dec 11, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2013
Doc's Request.
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2013
Med's Request
23-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2014
LANDED..........
12-07-2014
Hello, I completed my test today and tomorrow is my Oath ceremony.

Test - 22nd May 2019
Oath Ceremony - 23rd May 2019
Congratulations, when did you get the test invite?

wander_ful

Jan 22, 2019
Hi Folks,

Well just when I was about to call, checke status changed to "in process" today. But the actual description says "started processing application on May 21, 2019".

Please update. Thank you!
Hello friends,

Congrats to all of you who passed the exam and good luck to those whose writing the test soon.

I understand that each application is different but just wondering if there's a reason why some application hasn't gone to "in process" yet (like mine, AOR since April 3rd) and nothing stuck at application received. If I go with the average days to when it should go in process, mine should have been in process.

Anything that I should be concerned about or should I call CIC for updates? Or better yet just sit and wait?

Thanks for your help! Have a great day!

Ranbir4u

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
How come some people are having their Oath Ceremony the very next day of their Test day? Are these urgent processing requests?