+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi, ECAS changed to Decision Made today. We're still waiting for the oath invite. Test was done yesterday.
Wow that is so fast, congrats you are leading the way and also I see your physical days are just over the minimum as well! Hopefully this is a sign that CIC are now moving faster. Which processing office are you in as there are a few around Toronto area.

So I see that a lot of people are getting thier fingerprint requests, doesn't seem like a sample anymore or at least they've increased sample size as roughly 10% of people in the January window got these.

In any case, just for added clarity:

This is how the fingerprint request was updated on ECAS:

"We sent you correspondence on May 8, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required."

In addition, a few pointers from my fingerprint experience:

- The letter requires you to bring COPR but if you have valid PR then they might not need it. I confirmed this at the F1 fingerprint mississauga location; I would recommend as it is fast and efficient. Also I'm not sure if you all had your original COPR with you as mine is in the docs somewhere so this was a relief!
- They need 2 ID docs OTHER THAN PR with your face on it. Interestingly, health card is accepted as an ID in this case.
- No, you won't get a confirmation back. The results are sent to RCMP who then processes and sends a certificate to the visa office. You might want to call RCMP after 3 weeks of submission if interested.
- The fingerprint agency confirms that the RCMP sends your fingerprints to the visa office through REGULAR mail (Canada post). As such, expect it to take 10 business days AFTER RCMP processing (which is itself 3-5 business days).
- The F1 place in mississauga cost 55 bucks; I was done in 15 mins.

Hope this helps.
For reference, you have to click on the "In Process" to see the "We sent you correspondence" bit. Mine hasn't had an update since May 6th but I guess I'll keep an eye on it in case there is another update there.

I was told my results had been sent to Scarborough... As in the CIC office there?

Hi guys, I am February applicant . Please confirm , cic is sending FP requests through emails?

Please advise

Thank you
The February thread might be a better resource for you but I included my email and have had everything through email, no post at all yet except for the book, which I ordered separately to the process as CIC only sent me the link to pdf etc... which I don't find as easy.

brontosky

Dec 18, 2014
I'm done my test and interview with officer today. Some of you probably interested how it went, so this is my experience:

Everything went quite fast. My invitation stated to arrive at 10:30AM, I had arrived at 10:25 and at 11:00 I was already driving home.
There were about 20 others who were waiting for the test with me. At 10:30 officers started to invite to a room for the test. Test was a little bit harder than I thought, there were couple questions I was not sure how to answer, however it took about 5 minutes for me to finish it. Then I returned back to waiting room and in about 2 minutes was invited for interview by officer. She was nice and kind, let me know that I passed test with score 19/20 (shame on me). Checked original ids (passport, driver's license, health card, pr card), asked me to sign couple documents. Asked where I work. Said that she doesn't have any concerns with my application and within next 4 months I should expect invitation to oath ceremony. That is it.
Good luck everyone!

p.s.
Regarding to the photocopies of my travel documents, she didn't ask them.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I'm done my test and interview with officer today. Some of you probably interested how it went, so this is my experience:

Everything went quite fast. My invitation stated to arrive at 10:30AM, I had arrived at 10:25 and at 11:00 I was already driving home.
There were about 20 others who were waiting for the test with me. At 10:30 officers started to invite to a room for the test. Test was a little bit harder than I thought, there were couple questions I was not sure how to answer, however it took about 5 minutes for me to finish it. Then I returned back to waiting room and in about 2 minutes was invited for interview by officer. She was nice and kind, let me know that I passed test with score 19/20 (shame on me). Checked original ids (passport, driver's license, health card, pr card), asked me to sign couple documents. Asked where I work. Said that she doesn't have any concerns with my application and within next 4 months I should expect invitation to oath ceremony. That is it.
Good luck everyone!

p.s.
Thanks for the update. Four months to oath from test, that seems rather a long time. Due to location?

Still, going from sending application to test passed in 3.5 months is pretty fast ...

brontosky

Dec 18, 2014
Good morning!
Status changed to Decision Made. Please update

ID: brontosky
App Type: Single
Physical presence: 1097
App Sent: January 23, 2019
App Delivered: January 28, 2019
AOR: April 1, 2019
IP: April 9, 2019
Test Invite: Apr 25, 2019
Interview Date: May 13, 2019
Decision Made: May 14, 2019

Reactions: GraceCan

irishibanez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Visa Office......
Calgary
Good morning!
Status changed to Decision Made. Please update

ID: brontosky
App Type: Single
Physical presence: 1097
App Sent: January 23, 2019
App Delivered: January 28, 2019
AOR: April 1, 2019
IP: April 9, 2019
Test Invite: Apr 25, 2019
Interview Date: May 13, 2019
Decision Made: May 14, 2019
Congratulations! You're almost at the finish line!

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019

Good luck everyone!

p.s.

Just wondering, why was it harder then you had expected? lots of dates, names, confusing options? or what was the difficulty about, if you may share. Thanks

Congratulations!!!!

brontosky

Dec 18, 2014
Just wondering, why was it harder then you had expected? lots of dates, names, confusing options? or what was the difficulty about, if you may share. Thanks

Congratulations!!!!
Because I've done a lot of online citizenship tests and no one was similar to real test. There were some questions I didn't expect, like what is ancient Canadian sport? and several options (this can be found in the Discover Canada book). Name of great Canadian inventor who invented something? However I paid a lot of attention to dates while preparing for the test, there was only one date in the test. So in other words the test was a bit different than I expected.

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Because I've done a lot of online citizenship tests and no one was similar to real test. There were some questions I didn't expect, like what is ancient Canadian sport? and several options (this can be found in the Discover Canada book). Name of great Canadian inventor who invented something? However I paid a lot of attention to dates while preparing for the test, there was only one date in the test. So in other words the test was a bit different than I expected.
Thanks you :)

flashadi

Star Member
Oct 4, 2015

Good luck everyone!

p.s.

Can you please advise, how did you study for the test? I know the reading book is the best way but did you use any website for the sample questions?

brontosky

Dec 18, 2014
Can you please advise, how did you study for the test? I know the reading book is the best way but did you use any website for the sample questions?
I tried many online tests on many websites, no one was like real test. Like a lot of others who passed the test, I can only recommend reading Discover Canada book as every answer can be found in it. To be honest it is not a big book.