Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Hi. Just wanna ask, are you gonna have your test in Victoria? Thanks
Why would the test be in Victoria if they are in Burnaby? Seems a bit far and expensive given ferry/air cost

Patel24

Jul 17, 2018
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2019.
Still not got any response after this update.so getting worried..

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Citizenship
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 9, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on March 20, 2019.
Still not got any response after this update.so getting worried..
What are you worried about? It's just over a month since they started processing your application. The usual processing time is around 12 months. Sometimes people need to step back and relax. You're already a PR. Just give it a little bit more time then you'll be a citizen of this country too. Go watch Endgame while you wait. Cheers!

jaberu

Apr 5, 2014
Why would the test be in Victoria if they are in Burnaby? Seems a bit far and expensive given ferry/air cost
I was just asking. IRCC’s satellite office here in Victoria will conduct the test on those dates (May 27-31) as per their schedule online. They will serve greater Victoria and all southern islands. Just don’t know if Burnaby is covered in the areas they serve that’s why I asked. My friend who applied last November still didn’t get the test invite.

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I was just asking. IRCC’s satellite office here in Victoria will conduct the test on those dates (May 27-31) as per their schedule online. They will serve greater Victoria and all southern islands. Just don’t know if Burnaby is covered in the areas they serve that’s why I asked. My friend who applied last November still didn’t get the test invite.
Hey I understand, I definitely didn't mean my question to seem like criticism. I don't even live in BC, but last time I visited it cost me $200 roundtrip for the ferry from the lower mainland to Victoria and it was a few hours travel time each way. If IRCC expects people in metro Vancouver to spend that much time and money to go to an island for a test, that really sucks.

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Nothing has been came yet in email or regaular mail.but it keep saying it application is in processing so just getting wonder..
The correspondence that IRCC is referring to is that they are acknowledging that they have received your application. Click on Discover Canada so you can start reading in preparation for your Citizenship test.

If you are referring to the finger print request, well not everyone need to submit one. Don't compare your application with others because everybody has a different story. Relax. Cheers!

SKPAUL77

Dec 1, 2014
HI I got an update that on 29th April they have sent me an mail i have my Citizenship test on 16th May,.

However i am yet to get any email or physical mail. Can seniors suggest further coarse of action please.

Reactions: GraceCan

paul2587

Star Member
Jan 1, 2013
NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
HI I got an update that on 29th April they have sent me an mail i have my Citizenship test on 16th May,.

However i am yet to get any email or physical mail. Can seniors suggest further coarse of action please.
I take it you noticed this on ECAS? Check your spam email folder and check ECAS to make sure they have your correct email address listed. If they do and you still can't find the email from IRCC, email or call them and ask them to re-send immediately. The email contains a PDF file that is your entrance to the test and you need to print it out and take it with you for the test/interview.

mhm4589

Jan 2, 2012
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Buffalo-CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-04-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
RCMP/Fingerprints requested on 29-08-2012/ done on 31-08-2012
Med's Request
30-08-2012
Med's Done....
05-09-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2012
LANDED..........
11-11-2012
Just an update I have done my fingerprint request on May 4th, 2019.