+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

sitalakshmi

Jan 17, 2020
Hi All,
I am Jan Applicant 2019. I had the citizenship test and interview on feb 3 rd 2020 and passed the test. Waiting for the oath invitation at Mississauga office.
Can you please let me know how long it take to receive oath invitation. The officer said 2 to 4 weeks. If i don’t get invitation until 4 th week, what should I do?
Thanks
Sita.

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Test passed 20/20. Was asked to send a copy of my passport along with translation of all stamps (I travel a lot). Was told that most probably I will be scheduled for Oath in April, if all is okay.

Reactions: luanabs and jc94

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Congratulations!!!
I hope to get my invitation soon. I'm planning to travel so I just want to be over this. Almost there :) I can't wait.
Are you waiting for test or oath? Unless you are willing / able to return from your trip to take one tell IRCC about it.

I was flying internationally over Christmas so told IRCC in November and they sent me test invite in two weeks. I told them at interview about the same trip and they sent me oath invite about two weeks after I got back (2 months after interview).

Also remember once you take oath you need Canadian passport to return to Canada if you leave country. This takes at LEAST two days (they recommend waiting two days to apply but often it updates in one) and then costs $110 express fee but normal passport costs. On a weekend cost increases to $495.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Congrats! I'm doing my test tomorrow...wish me luck :)
Good luck!

Hi All,
I am Jan Applicant 2019. I had the citizenship test and interview on feb 3 rd 2020 and passed the test. Waiting for the oath invitation at Mississauga office.
Can you please let me know how long it take to receive oath invitation. The officer said 2 to 4 weeks. If i don’t get invitation until 4 th week, what should I do?
Thanks
Sita.
Mississauga is being pretty quick, you will likely hear within 4 weeks. However official timeline is *normally* within 3 months. So given what you were told I’d call them after 4-6 weeks (normally I say 8-10) asking if there’s an update.

This assumes you went DM quickly. And I list those timings and oath dates are typically 2-3 weeks out. In Ontario.

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
Are you waiting for test or oath? Unless you are willing / able to return from your trip to take one tell IRCC about it.

I was flying internationally over Christmas so told IRCC in November and they sent me test invite in two weeks. I told them at interview about the same trip and they sent me oath invite about two weeks after I got back (2 months after interview).

Also remember once you take oath you need Canadian passport to return to Canada if you leave country. This takes at LEAST two days (they recommend waiting two days to apply but often it updates in one) and then costs $110 express fee but normal passport costs. On a weekend cost increases to $495.
Hello
Thanks for the info. :)
I'm waiting for my Oath. I called IRCC yesterday and they said if I don't hear anything until next week I need to call them back. I did my test on January 9th. Let's see what will happen :)

Chrisstina

Sep 14, 2018
Good luck!

Mississauga is being pretty quick, you will likely hear within 4 weeks. However official timeline is *normally* within 3 months. So given what you were told I’d call them after 4-6 weeks (normally I say 8-10) asking if there’s an update.

This assumes you went DM quickly. And I list those timings and oath dates are typically 2-3 weeks out. In Ontario.
Hi jc94! Our forum is lucky to have you with us even after becoming Proud Canadian you are guiding the members. Please keep your contribution for new members and senior too, who are receiving your able guidance based on your experience. I have appeared only for interview (74 years old) at Scarborough on 5th Feb 2020 DM on 6th. I was told by Officer that I will get oath invitation between 2 weeks to 8 weeks. My app was received at NS on 8th Feb 2019. In your opinion should I keep contacting IRCC fortnightly or should wait and watch. Kindly share your expertise.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi jc94! Our forum is lucky to have you with us even after becoming Proud Canadian you are guiding the members. Please keep your contribution for new members and senior too, who are receiving your able guidance based on your experience. I have appeared only for interview (74 years old) at Scarborough on 5th Feb 2020 DM on 6th. I was told by Officer that I will get oath invitation between 2 weeks to 8 weeks. My app was received at NS on 8th Feb 2019. In your opinion should I keep contacting IRCC fortnightly or should wait and watch. Kindly share your expertise.
No problem. I’d wait for the 8 weeks to be honest, given that still has you within what IRCC states (but clearly varies by office).

Interesting they are now stating 2-8 weeks, that’s a pretty broad range. Waiting is tough but given how hard it can be to get through, I’d try and be patient.

You were pretty close to bang on their average timescale if you did interview 3 days before 12 months!

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Very depressing. I'd have gone insane waiting for test score, but hopefully it'll be a quick timeline to oath for you now.
After the test on Feb 5th, had my interview yesterday Feb 26th. Both, me and my husband, got the test results after 3 weeks with the score 20/20 for both. Interview was quick and smooth. Officer just checked I'd and verified stamps in the passport. It took 10-15 min. Today morning status changed to Decision Made (DM). Now waiting for a oath letter.

Reactions: jc94

luanabs

Apr 15, 2016
hi i did my test on Jan 10th and DM on JAN 11th. i am still waiting for my oath invite. do you think calling the IRCC customer care can help?
For sure!!! I called them to ask if they had an idea when my oath would be ( although when I did the test they advised it would take 3-4 months but you know..) so IRCC said they’ve been working on my application and two days later I got the invitation. :)