+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
I went for the express 2-9 day option and will get it back Tuesday. It looks like you take the oath this Friday, so assuming it updates for you by Tuesday I'd go Tuesday (first thing) and you will very likely need to pay the $110 24h option, you'll then collect it Wednesday, or possibly Thursday if you can't get into the office until later. You may even get it same day.

Note that for me, pickup location is Scarborough (as in 35km from the office I submitted it to). I would strongly recommend taking the flight itinerary with you. And making sure guarantor and both references are available by phone. And remember not all places do urgent processing so check (google) that first).
Thank you JC94. I will take my Travel tickets with me and will try to get there first thing in the morning. I am hoping I could get it done without any hassle .

marwanashraf

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Hi everyone, i have taken my oath on Monday Feb 10th which went very smooth. I am delightful to announce that got my citizenship Certificate. Finally i am a Canadian Citizen. Good luck for all of you guys whose application is still in process...

DineshCanada

Feb 18, 2015
Thank you JC94. I will take my Travel tickets with me and will try to get there first thing in the morning. I am hoping I could get it done without any hassle .
Mississauga Passport office is open on 17th Feb , Family day is not a federal holiday. We also have oath tomorrow , hoping that application status will be updated by Monday .

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
Had a wonderful experience of taking my Oath of Citizenship at the Mississauga Office,today.
This forum has been very helpful throughout from the day I started thinking about immigrating to Canada.
It is a like a Wiki for everyone from students to new immigrants to becoming a Canadian.

Cheers!!

AhmadQ

Jul 15, 2012
Hello everyone,

We passed our citizenship test on Feb 11 at Mississauga office, the next day (Feb 12) we received oath invitation, which should be at Feb 26.
My application was received by IRCC on Jan 3, 2019, so that makes my full processing time around 14 months.

Please update the sheet.

Thank you all for your help, and good luck for the rest of us who's still waiting.

Thanks,
Ahmad

Reactions: jabrillo

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hi all, I had my oath today at Mississauga office. It was a wonderful experience. Whole ceremony took 2 hours . I got there at 9 and was out at 11. 112 candidates took oath including me. Thank you all for all your help and answering my questions.

pengw

Dec 5, 2019
It’s so neat to just site the info on the website:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 22, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 21, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on April 1, 2019.
  4. We sent you a notice on December 12, 2019 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 8, 2020 at 12:35 PM.
DM was on Jan 9.
my wife rescheduled:
We sent you a notice on January 13, 2020 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 12, 2020 at 12:30 PM.
And her DM was Feb 13.
Not sure how long would it take for the oath letter in Vancouver.

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Hi all, If i don't receive the letter with the invitation to attend the test on time, can I use the one sent by email instead?

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Hi all, If i don't receive the letter with the invitation to attend the test on time, can I use the one sent by email instead?
Yes. At least that is what I did(I never received the mail invitation). Everything was fine and I did the test with no problem. (I took a copy of the email with me). But they actually called everybody out (including me)from a list they already had there.

Good luck :)

Reactions: jc94 and egyed

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Yes. At least that is what I did(I never received the mail invitation). Everything was fine and I did the test with no problem. (I took a copy of the email with me). But they actually called everybody out (including me)from a list they already had there.

Good luck :)
Thank you so much! This is very helpful.

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
Good morning,
So I took oath on Friday and today my ECAS Says "Complete". I will go tomorrow to apply for my passport. Thank you all for your help and Good luck to all who are still waiting. The whole process took 13 months and 8 days.

Reactions: GraceCan

Gitu122

Jan 20, 2020
Hi friends, My indian passport is expiring in coming june. Should I renew my passport and then apply for Citizenship or I should first apply for citizenship and then send my passport for renewal. Please comment. The passport renewal will take almost 2