+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Hello. After the test on Feb 5th, today received an invite for interview/ documents verification check for Feb 26th. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank You.

ssudarjothi

Star Member
May 5, 2015
I have taken my oath yesterday and got my citizenship Certificate. Finally i am a Canadian Citizen now, after a long wait of one year processing.. Good luck for all of you guys whose application is still in process...

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
I have taken my oath yesterday and got my citizenship Certificate. Finally i am a Canadian Citizen now, after a long wait of one year processing.. Good luck for all of you guys whose application is still in process...
Congrats ! I am taking my oath on Friday.. which location? and how long the whole process took?

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
Hello. After the test on Feb 5th, today received an invite for interview/ documents verification check for Feb 26th. Any feedback would be helpful. Thank You.
Just bring with you all original documents you submitted together with your application. And be ready to answer any questions regarding your travels outside of Canada if ever you traveled during the eligibility period. Cheers.

Reactions: PG-7

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Just bring with you all original documents you submitted together with your application. And be ready to answer any questions regarding your travels outside of Canada if ever you traveled during the eligibility period. Cheers.
Thank you for your reply. :)

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thank you for your reply. :)
Hang on, you had the test one day and they made you wait for the interview for a few weeks? Was this as Scarborough by any chance, I heard they had a staffing issue one day and did this for some people - while others got an oath invite the next day!

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
So did my oath Friday (7th) and it updated today as Complete. That is instead of DM it now says Complete and when I click there's a item 7 that I became a Canadian Citizen on February 7th. I checked it last night at 9:15pm and it wasn't there, but it was by 7:45am.

I will visit passport office later. I'll write more details on process and ceremony and all soon.
Hi JC94, When did you go for your passport application? Wed or Tue? Was your info in the system?

PG-7

Jan 24, 2019
Hang on, you had the test one day and they made you wait for the interview for a few weeks? Was this as Scarborough by any chance, I heard they had a staffing issue one day and did this for some people - while others got an oath invite the next day!
Yes. Staffing issues. It was in Mississauga office. Where some people ( like me) had to do just test and wait for another date for interview. And other people from the same batch were able to complete the test and interview on the same day. Sadly, was unfortunate one.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Yes. Staffing issues. It was in Mississauga office. Where some people ( like me) had to do just test and wait for another date for interview. And other people from the same batch were able to complete the test and interview on the same day. Sadly, was unfortunate one.
Very depressing. I'd have gone insane waiting for test score, but hopefully it'll be a quick timeline to oath for you now.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Hi JC94, When did you go for your passport application? Wed or Tue? Was your info in the system?
Sorry I thought had replied here but there were a few posts.

I went Tuesday; my application went to Complete (instead of DM) with an entry when I clicked on it between 9:15pm Monday (checked a few times Monday) and 7:45am Tuesday. Guess they just batch process it overnight.

Whitby office, the guy there said 8:30am would have been better, I got there 2:30pm and was 3:05pm by the time my number was called (assuming 'N' was for passports there were about 7 people ahead of me). Personally ... I was with agent < 5 minutes.

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
Sorry I thought had replied here but there were a few posts.

I went Tuesday; my application went to Complete (instead of DM) with an entry when I clicked on it between 9:15pm Monday (checked a few times Monday) and 7:45am Tuesday. Guess they just batch process it overnight.

Whitby office, the guy there said 8:30am would have been better, I got there 2:30pm and was 3:05pm by the time my number was called (assuming 'N' was for passports there were about 7 people ahead of me). Personally ... I was with agent < 5 minutes.
Did you get it done the same day? Like I have to fly on Sat. Should i go in on Wed or Thu?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Did you get it done the same day? Like I have to fly on Sat. Should i go in on Wed or Thu?
I went for the express 2-9 day option and will get it back Tuesday. It looks like you take the oath this Friday, so assuming it updates for you by Tuesday I'd go Tuesday (first thing) and you will very likely need to pay the $110 24h option, you'll then collect it Wednesday, or possibly Thursday if you can't get into the office until later. You may even get it same day.

Note that for me, pickup location is Scarborough (as in 35km from the office I submitted it to). I would strongly recommend taking the flight itinerary with you. And making sure guarantor and both references are available by phone. And remember not all places do urgent processing so check (google) that first).