+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
For the oath, do you get a a letter through post or by email?
Open to debate. If you got everything else via post it'll be via post. There are a number of people of late who got everything via email but the oath came via post (Scarborough thread). Personally I got everything via email but my oath never turned up (all whitelisted since AoR went spam) and it's not in spam either.

What happens after decision made shows up in the website?

Should we receive something by post or by email and also, there will be a communication after that or there will be a communication only when they will send us an invitation with a date for the oath?

Thanks for the info
The only communication after DM will be the oath. Suggest you check ECAS at least weekly due to my comments above.

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Open to debate. If you got everything else via post it'll be via post. There are a number of people of late who got everything via email but the oath came via post (Scarborough thread). Personally I got everything via email but my oath never turned up (all whitelisted since AoR went spam) and it's not in spam either.

The only communication after DM will be the oath. Suggest you check ECAS at least weekly due to my comments above.

Thanks so much, yet. At the end, how did end up knowing your oath date? Online ECAS?

Last edited:

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Thanks so much, yet. At the end, how did end up knowing your oath date? Online ECAS?
Yep, check it a few times a week. Pretty sure I actually checked it 14th, 15th and 16th. It was not there on 15th, it was 16th. Recommend you check it at least once a week.

Rang IRCC to get location and email of things to take. They couldn't re-send the official notice so hoping it still turns up (they said it was emailed) or will be okay without.

Wik.haider

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Yep, check it a few times a week. Pretty sure I actually checked it 14th, 15th and 16th. It was not there on 15th, it was 16th. Recommend you check it at least once a week.

Rang IRCC to get location and email of things to take. They couldn't re-send the official notice so hoping it still turns up (they said it was emailed) or will be okay without.
Thanks for the info.
Maybe one more silly question - does the invitation on ECAS show if you click on 'Decision Made' and its listed 1, 2 3 4 5 or does the wording replace 'Decision Made'?

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Reactions: jc94

devindia

Sep 17, 2014
Received my test invite today exactly after one year :). Can someone please help me with some mock practice test links.

My time line.
  • App received on January 21, 2019.
  • AOR on April 2, 2019.
  • We started processing your application on May 2, 2019.
  • Test invite received Jan 21 ,2020
  • Test Date Feb 02, 2020
  • Location Mississauga

Reactions: zzzzzzzz

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
Same here, application received JAN 4th, am from London
Now after we completed the 12 months processing time with no communication from our local office at all since they started processing our applications last April or even March for some, what should be the next step from our side? Anyone tried contacting their MPs, writing to the CIC? Any tips of help please

zzzzzzzz

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Received my test invite today exactly after one year :). Can someone please help me with some mock practice test links.

My time line.
  • App received on January 21, 2019.
  • AOR on April 2, 2019.
  • We started processing your application on May 2, 2019.
  • Test invite received Jan 21 ,2020
  • Test Date Feb 02, 2020
  • Location Mississauga

Congrats! My parents applied on the same day (same location) as you but they are still waiting, hopefully they will get the notification soon as well! How did you get the notification, out of curiosity? Via email, post or just by checking ECAS? And the time to test seems quite short! Good luck. Read the book they've provided, it's the most handy. There are some practice tests on apnatoronto for example, but the book is the best guide.

Reactions: devindia

mahek286

Apr 10, 2010
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
18-01-2019
How long does the oath ceremony typically last?

Any one had theirs at the Chinese Cultural Centre in Scarborough? What was the experience like?

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Most of the links I used were in this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/some-helpful-links-to-ease-your-journey.621992/

The Richmond Public Library one has been touted by many including me as most good and accurate however it has under 200 questions so is quick easy to blast through and get the same ones.
http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/index.cfm?province=ON

So once I was consistently at 100% there moved onto others including an app that was very hard, I was getting under 15 sometimes at first. And there was a free site with about 20 mock tests and chapter by chapter questions.

Just remember most of these sites are free and some are out of date especially in terms of political questions.

How long does the oath ceremony typically last?

Any one had theirs at the Chinese Cultural Centre in Scarborough? What was the experience like?
Not sure but lots of us coming up: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/scarborough-dm-oath.485211/

I've heard they have "Poutine on a stick" available for photos and it takes a couple of hours, but then everyone says Test+Interview takes hours and my test was 1:30pm and I was done with Interview by 2:15pm, and there were several people called before me!

ktown

Jan 17, 2020
Now after we completed the 12 months processing time with no communication from our local office at all since they started processing our applications last April or even March for some, what should be the next step from our side? Anyone tried contacting their MPs, writing to the CIC? Any tips of help please
got my test invite this morning. Was received jan 3rd.

FSWDev

Star Member
May 11, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Finger Prints Request: May 7, 2019
Finger Prints Done: May 8, 2019
Test date invitation : December 17 ,2019
Test date: January 14, 2020
DM : January 15, 2020
Oath invitation date: January 17, 2020
Oath ceremony : January 30, 2020

Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!
Hi

You got oath Invite to which Office? Mississauga or Scarborough?

Thanks