+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
Okay.. So I have my test on 29th Jan. I have vacation booked for feb and will be flying on Feb 22nd. I am just wondering if I tell this to my test agent/person at test center, Will this help speed up the things? and If I get my oath ceremony before Feb 22nd . Will the take my passport away?? I am so confused right now

abedin

Star Member
Feb 5, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Done....
22-04-2016
Passport Req..
15-11-2016
AOR: March 19, 2019
In Process ECAS: April 25, 2019
Test Invite date: December 16, 2019
Test Interview date: January 14, 2020
DM: January 15, 2020
Oath Invitation: January 17, 2020
Oath Ceremony: February 4, 2020

Please update! Thanks!

#131 in excel

Test Invite date: December 16, 2019
Test Interview date: January 14, 2020
DM: January 15, 2020

Please update!

The exam was yesterday in 325 Milner, Scarborough, it was pretty easy, I would say! I thought the interview would be in a room, sort of, however, its more like a service Ontario type booth, you stand in front of them, they look at the documents most of the time, sometimes ask a question or two.

They wrote a checklist that you should take before going in front of the booth, landing document was written there, so even if its not specifically requested over email, I would suggest to bring it for the interview.

yasir22

Jun 5, 2014
ontario
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
21-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-04-2015
File Transfer...
SA on 30-07-2014
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
upfront med.: 7-04-2014 and re-med.: 21-05-2015
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
DM on 2-06-2015, PPR on 05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued: 02-07-2015, Received: 07-07-2015
LANDED..........
January 2016
Okay.. So I have my test on 29th Jan. I have vacation booked for feb and will be flying on Feb 22nd. I am just wondering if I tell this to my test agent/person at test center, Will this help speed up the things? and If I get my oath ceremony before Feb 22nd . Will the take my passport away?? I am so confused right now
I do not think they will speed up the process. No one will take away your passport. If you are talking about OCI, maybe someone from India might be able to help or there are many posts about OCI wich you can search and read.

Reactions: anita.saini

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
I do not think they will speed up the process. No one will take away your passport. If you are talking about OCI, maybe someone from India might be able to help or there are many posts about OCI wich you can search and read.
Thank you for your reply. I always thought that they take the passport at ceremony ,,Okay then this makes more sense to me now.. I can apply for OCI once I am back in canada. Thank you

mytammy

Star Member
Sep 10, 2011
You can mention your travel plans to the IO on your interview so they can make a note if ever you get an oath invite before your travel. They won't take your passport BUT they will take your PR card after your oath taking. And if you plan on applying for a Canadian passport, it takes at least two days before the system gets updated in order for them to check your citizenship certificate number when you apply for passport.

If you can't delay your travel, the other option is to postpone your oath taking ceremony until you return from your travel.

Reactions: yasir22

DineshCanada

Feb 18, 2015
Can you please update below new entry in Excel.

Test Invite date: January16, 2020
Test Interview date: January 29, 2020

Brampton applicant

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
You can mention your travel plans to the IO on your interview so they can make a note if ever you get an oath invite before your travel. They won't take your passport BUT they will take your PR card after your oath taking. And if you plan on applying for a Canadian passport, it takes at least two days before the system gets updated in order for them to check your citizenship certificate number when you apply for passport.

If you can't delay your travel, the other option is to postpone your oath taking ceremony until you return from your travel.
Thank you for your reply. I can not delay my travel plans .Hopefully I dont get my oath ceremony for that week. I am definitely going to talk to the Immigration Officer and let them know about my travel plans. This morning I saw two cases on this forum where they were invited to take oath after 15 days of DM. I am hoping similar timeline and if that happens I will have my citizenship oath before travel.

DineshCanada

Feb 18, 2015
Hi Guys,

My wife's citizenship test is on 29th Jan , however she has Planned travel to India on 26th February for 5 Months . Not sure if i can get all things sorted in 20 days like oath , Canadian Passport , Passport Surrender And Indian Visa

1. After test can we post pone oath date for 5 Months ? If yes how ?

2. In case if we get Oath and Canadian Passport , can we get Indian Visa without surrendering Indian Passport ?

Please advise

DineshCanada

Feb 18, 2015
Thank you for your reply. I can not delay my travel plans .Hopefully I dont get my oath ceremony for that week. I am definitely going to talk to the Immigration Officer and let them know about my travel plans. This morning I saw two cases on this forum where they were invited to take oath after 15 days of DM. I am hoping similar timeline and if that happens I will have my citizenship oath before travel.
Hi Anita , Will you be applying for Canadian passport or travel on your existing passport ?

My wife is also on same boat as you are , she has a planned travel on 26th February for 5 Months to India.

anita.saini

Jul 26, 2019
l6X2Z1
Visa Office......
Toronto
Hi Anita , Will you be applying for Canadian passport or travel on your existing passport ?

My wife is also on same boat as you are , she has a planned travel on 26th February for 5 Months to India.
Hi Dinesh, I am not sure as of yet. I am going to talk to Immigration officer on the date of test and see what they suggest. Even if we get invited to take Oath after 15 days of test which is around lets say by Feb 15th , I would only have one week to do everything . If I can get my passport made in emergency ( which is 24 hours) I will do that. if Not, I dont know if I would be able to travel with PR Card or not?? So I am just hoping to get my oath ceremony scheduled for first week of March. Fingers crossed

saadi202

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Finger Prints Request: May 7, 2019
Finger Prints Done: May 8, 2019
Test date invitation : December 17 ,2019
Test date: January 14, 2020
DM : January 15, 2020
Oath invitation date: January 17, 2020
Oath ceremony : January 30, 2020

Please update the spreadsheet. Thanks!

waitstartedaug13

Aug 24, 2013
App. Filed.......
24-01-2019
Hi Dinesh, I am not sure as of yet. I am going to talk to Immigration officer on the date of test and see what they suggest. Even if we get invited to take Oath after 15 days of test which is around lets say by Feb 15th , I would only have one week to do everything . If I can get my passport made in emergency ( which is 24 hours) I will do that. if Not, I dont know if I would be able to travel with PR Card or not?? So I am just hoping to get my oath ceremony scheduled for first week of March. Fingers crossed
Please note that we need to hand over the PR card at the Oath Ceremony, They will verify the landing paper and return it back but not the PR card.
If there is no PR card, you have to plan/think about how will be able to return to Canada from India on Indian Passport (without a PR card).

Reactions: mytammy

Summerr

Jun 28, 2010
Ontario
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14 NOV 2013
Doc's Request.
15 May 2014(reminder mail) and 11 June 2014(specifics)
Nomination.....
1 Oct 2013
AOR Received.
7 January 2014
IELTS Request
Not Required
Med's Request
7 January 2014
Interview........
No Interview but Decision Made on July 7
LANDED..........
Inland
I dont think you are allowed to have two passports at the same time when one of your passports is from India. I believe that is against Inidian law as India does not allow dual citizenship.