Vancouver
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-08-2019
HI Friends,

Its been over 10 months now that I am still waiting for any updation for my PR application. My AOR date is 22 January 2019. Medicals passed and Biometrics done in March 2019. After that request received for RPRF on 26 Sep 2019 which I paid on the same day. After that no updation. Raised an enquiry in Aug 2019 and got the below reply.

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.

and they also had an internal conversation which is listed as below as the same was also sent to me.

The last BF/due date for this client's application was 2019/05/20. The client is asking for an update on their file since no action was taken and delays have passed. Could you please verify?

Still no update after that. GCMS notes also applied on 21 September 2019 but not received yet. Last week sent web form query for the status update of my application and received generic response as below.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

From the above, it seems that they have not yet started processing my application. Also my CIC account shows the following info.

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Kindly guide if CIC is taking that much time to finalize the applications. Moreover my medical will expire on 08 January 2020. Will they send me the request for re-medicals? I hope everything will be OK and goes well.

Thanks

Hi Vikas

I'm exactly in the same boat.
My AOR is 9-May-19, but my medical expires in Feb-2020.
And no update at all since last 7 months.
Still it shows that - Reviewing Eligibility & no Background check started yet.
Contacted CIC many times - they say that My application has gone to India for review since last 6 months, and there is no update on it yet.
Even contacted CIC Delhi office thru webform - but no reply since last 2 months.
Even applied for GCMS(ATIP) notes on 26-Nov-19 = but no reply from there too
I also need to travel to India....but stuck don't know what to do?

What is your status...any updates?
Have you got your COPR? or has your file moved from India to canada?
Did you get your medical done again?

Last edited:

PandaOnCloud

Star Member
Feb 26, 2019
Finally landed today, and the process was very smooth! I carried all the documents as recommended by several members here but the officer was only concerned with the COPR. Finally heard the words "Paperwork is complete! Congrats! You are officially a permanent resident!" and took a cab to my hotel room. Sunset looked just like in California.. Toronto is a lovely city! It was all worth it in the end :)
Totally agree, just finished landing process at YYZ today as well.

PALASHPAL

Aug 16, 2017
Sinp paper base.
Ar 13.06.19.
AOR 12.07.19.
Adr 10.12.19
Schedule A, and RPRF fees which all Submited on 15.12.19.
I just come to some other thread that Schedule A is involved with criminality. So they are working on it.
PAL 11.12.19.
MR 19.12.19 spouse
MD done 21.12.19.
*Medical received on ecas 12.01.2020.*
Medical passed 11.01.2020

We did upfront medical in 12.03.19 , they didn't asked for my medical.
After AOR, bg is we are processing your background check.

What is next and how soon?

jjttbb2019

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Finally landed today, and the process was very smooth! I carried all the documents as recommended by several members here but the officer was only concerned with the COPR. Finally heard the words "Paperwork is complete! Congrats! You are officially a permanent resident!" and took a cab to my hotel room. Sunset looked just like in California.. Toronto is a lovely city! It was all worth it in the end :)
Could you please specify the recommended documents?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Could you please specify the recommended documents?
Carry your passport, COPR, proof of funds (latest bank statement) and an inventory list of everything you’re bringing with you

litttlestar

Jul 4, 2019
Hello,
Question for those who have received CoPR. I received my passport and the date on visa is of October 2020. I am planning to make a soft landing for October 2020. But is there any other step in this process that I am missing? Do I need to inform anyone or set up any interview/appointment or is the next step only to plan for the soft landing in Canada. Could it be at any port of entry or does it have to be in the preferred city I mentioned in my application?
TIA
You can land anywhere, no prior appointment is required. I landed here in Nov 19, things are very smooth at the airport. Don’t worry. They just ask a couple of questions while checking copr, like your marital status, address in canada, etc

Reactions: jjttbb2019

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
How is the job scene for software engineer in Toronto? Is Canadian experience really required? Please share your job search experience

litttlestar

Jul 4, 2019
How is the job scene for software engineer in Toronto? Is Canadian experience really required? Please share your job search experience
I don’t know much about Toronto, but you’ll get a job real soon if you keep other options open too at least for your first job. I started applying for jobs in various fields in India itself and had many interviews immediately after landing. I got a good job after 20 days of landing and trust me it was easy. Here, they do ask questions about your role and responsibilities in your native country but as a new-commer no one will expect you to have Canadian work experience. No one even asked for references from previous employer from me. Initially you won’t be offered a managerial role or lead’s role they might hire you at entry level in IT or in any other company. But trust me it’s easy, I used to apply online after landing and used to get many calls for interviews and I don’t have an IT background but I was open to working in any position initially.

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Is
I don’t know much about Toronto, but you’ll get a job real soon if you keep other options open too at least for your first job. I started applying for jobs in various fields in India itself and had many interviews immediately after landing. I got a good job after 20 days of landing and trust me it was easy. Here, they do ask questions about your role and responsibilities in your native country but as a new-commer no one will expect you to have Canadian work experience. No one even asked for references from previous employer from me. Initially you won’t be offered a managerial role or lead’s role they might hire you at entry level in IT or in any other company. But trust me it’s easy, I used to apply online after landing and used to get many calls for interviews and I don’t have an IT background but I was open to working in any position initially.
Okay. What about salaries?
easy to get a six digit salary as Software engineer? It’s very easy in USA. Do the FANG companies pay similar salaries as in USA?

litttlestar

Jul 4, 2019
Is

Okay. What about salaries?
easy to get a six digit salary as Software engineer? It’s very easy in USA. Do the FANG companies pay similar salaries as in USA?
Yes it is easy to earn that much once you get canadian work experience in IT, initially it would be somewhere around $17-$22 per hour, again it depends on the company. One of my friends who is now Citizen in Canada is in IT and earning amazingly in Toronto. Not sure but i think he is working with Del.

Zigzag13

Star Member
Aug 25, 2019
Yes it is easy to earn that much once you get canadian work experience in IT, initially it would be somewhere around $17-$22 per hour, again it depends on the company. One of my friends who is now Citizen in Canada is in IT and earning amazingly in Toronto. Not sure but i think he is working with Del.
Good to know that, thanks. I work for VMware at Palo Alto. Good to know Vmware’s parent company offers good pay there.
I was kind of disappointed to see most of the responses on Quora for this question are negative.

Reactions: litttlestar

Avas_india

Star Member
Jan 18, 2020
Hi Guys,

I have got AOR at 09th Jun.

In my experience letter, I have given my offer letter , relieving and service letter , payslip , I'd card and a notary for roles and responsibilities.

In this offer letter alone is in black and white photocopy. Is this fine ?

I have uploaded my PCC in color. I'm just worried.