+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Sumish30

Jul 26, 2019
For me , status of medical changed to passed in 7 days. And received ppr in 1 working dsy after that
Was there any update in the account in between that ? I still have "you action is required" on my application instead of submitted. So did your medical status changed to "passed" directly or something else before that ?

milin4ever

Star Member
Aug 28, 2018
I received Passport request on Oct 3, 2019. My medical expires in Dec 2019. My spouse medical will expire on July 2020. My question is:

"If we submit our passports, how much time we will get to land into canada?"

I am concerned about the time we will get for landing preparation and planning. I expect atleast 6 months.

Request you to kindly share your views on this please. Many thanks.

Reactions: capricorn7 and mxg

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Was there any update in the account in between that ? I still have "you action is required" on my application instead of submitted. So did your medical status changed to "passed" directly or something else before that ?
I did medical on a Saturday. Staff at the clinic told me that they will submit results in 3 to 4 days. I am assuming they submitted by Wednesday/Thursday. The status changed to Medical passed on Friday.
There was no in-between status like 'we have received your medicals' . It just went from your action is required to passed.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
@santab and @Doom__V
Thanks a lot.
I am in Canada on a TRV and I have just been asked to go for biometrics. I applied Outland.

I have never been to Mexico and I am just a bit worried.
Can I state to their immigration at the port of entry that I am just there for biometrics. As my plan is to return as soon as I am done.
I also have the fear of being allowed back to Canada when I step out.

I have a US citizenship but I don’t want to go there for the biometrics due to family and ex-husband issues.

I cant comment on whether you will be allowed back in Canada or not. But I dont think you will have any trouble getting into Mexico. Especially if you have a US passport, I dont think they will care why you are entering. But if asked why your reason of visiting VFS for biometrics is a valid reason.

I visit Mexico every month. I am hardly ever asked why am I entering. All they ask is how long I will be staying. And I dont have american or Canadian passport.

On a side note: I have never encountered friendlier border/immigration agents than Canadian ones. I present my passport, work permit copy and they waive me in. No questions, no intimidating glances. How diametrically opposite of the 'welcome' you experience when entering US!

Sumish30

Jul 26, 2019
I did medical on a Saturday. Staff at the clinic told me that they will submit results in 3 to 4 days. I am assuming they submitted by Wednesday/Thursday. The status changed to Medical passed on Friday.
There was no in-between status like 'we have received your medicals' . It just went from your action is required to passed.
Ok.thank you ..
I did my medical on last thursday ..hopefully i will see an update by coming wed/thu

Maryah$

Jun 6, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21/01/2019
Med's Done....
28/12/2018
Passport Req..
12/09/2019
VISA ISSUED...
26/09/2019
I received Passport request on Oct 3, 2019. My medical expires in Dec 2019. My spouse medical will expire on July 2020. My question is:

I am concerned about the time we will get for landing preparation and planning. I expect atleast 6 months.

You will need to enter Canada before your medical expires. I am the PA and I passed my medicals Jan 2020, my children passed in Dec 2019 and my husband due to additional tests May 2020. Our COPR validity is Dec 29, 2019 and we got the passports back Oct 2nd giving us less than 3 months to move. So be prepared to move in Dec or at least soft land

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
I am checking my Spam nowadays with a hope of update. In process,I am reading other spam mails as well:) found someone in Singapore is having millions of dollars, wants to share that money with me and is talking to his lawyers for that :cool::D
Hey @capricorn7 even I striked Gold too in Spam just before I got PPR email. They are saying I just need to get an ATM card from some bank in Africa :D:D:D n then a polite request please don’t waste your lots n lots of money n some gold bonds. :D:D:D:D

What do you think let’s take this money with us to Canada ;) n enjoy a luxurious lifestyles:cool::cool: :p:p:D:D:):)

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
@All dear forum members do you have any idea about the showing POF at the time of landing. How can we do that ? Is it by taking the bank statements with us or is there any other way ? I know we can take 10000 CAD with us but is it per person or per family? Dear friends,Please shed some light on this. Many thanks in advance.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
@All dear forum members do you have any idea about the showing POF at the time of landing. How can we do that ? Is it by taking the bank statements with us or is there any other way ? I know we can take 10000 CAD with us but is it per person or per family? Dear friends,Please shed some light on this. Many thanks in advance.
You can open a bank account in most Canadian banks before you even arrive to Canada. I know ScotiaBank offers this service were you will transfer money to them and they will issue a letter detailing your funds in their custody

Reactions: Amit22

Amit22

Star Member
Aug 27, 2019
You can open a bank account in most Canadian banks before you even arrive to Canada. I know ScotiaBank offers this service were you will transfer money to them and they will issue a letter detailing your funds in their custody
That is a good idea. Thanks. Is there any other way out ? Just a bit sceptical about transferring all the funds to a bank account overseas.

yiso91

Aug 19, 2017
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
29-11-2019
That is a good idea. Thanks. Is there any other way out ? Just a bit sceptical about transferring all the funds to a bank account overseas.
You can only do one transfer worth up to 50k CAD from an account under your name.

You don't need to transfer everything you got, just the minimum as per IRCC requirements.

I heard that others used bank accounts under their name in home country. Not sure if this would work Everytime

Perlak

Apr 5, 2019
Hi. I have a question if someone can help me pls. Would it be possible to land in montreal and do the immigration papers process in the airport in montreal before moving to ottawa??

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
I cant comment on whether you will be allowed back in Canada or not. But I dont think you will have any trouble getting into Mexico. Especially if you have a US passport, I dont think they will care why you are entering. But if asked why your reason of visiting VFS for biometrics is a valid reason.

I visit Mexico every month. I am hardly ever asked why am I entering. All they ask is how long I will be staying. And I dont have american or Canadian passport.

On a side note: I have never encountered friendlier border/immigration agents than Canadian ones. I present my passport, work permit copy and they waive me in. No questions, no intimidating glances. How diametrically opposite of the 'welcome' you experience when entering US!

Thanks a lot. I feel a bit more confident now. I will go sometimes this week.

You are right about the US immigration officers, they can be quite intimidating.
I have been asked how I got my green card before and I thought it was totally unnecessary.

I haven’t been back since I got the citizenship. I bet it will be a lot easier now.

hypervariate123

Aug 13, 2019

You might get extra time. (Edited in response to @ocanadaocanada saying it's not always guaranteed to get extra time)

You will only know when your CoPR is in your hands.

Last edited: