+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
Hello,

Did anyone do biometrics in Mexico. I just got biometrics letter, Aor Jan 30th. I need to step out of Canada for it.

santab

Sep 15, 2018
Hello,

Did anyone do biometrics in Mexico. I just got biometrics letter, Aor Jan 30th. I need to step out of Canada for it.
Yes I did it in Mexico city.
I was on a business trip to Mexico and could combine this with my work schedule.

The process was pretty smooth. Just go there at appointed time, the center doesn't allow entry ahead of your scheduled time. After checking in, it took about an hour for me to finish the process. Actual biometrics took only about 5 min. But the waiting took longer

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
I was on a business trip to Mexico and could combine this with my work schedule.

The process was pretty smooth. Just go there at appointed time, the center doesn't allow entry ahead of your scheduled time. After checking in, it took about an hour for me to finish the process. Actual biometrics took only about 5 min. But the waiting took longer
Thanks for the reply.
I will go to their website to schedule an appointment!

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal

@santab & @bibi-hey

Hello guys,

Even I recently got a request for a Biometrics for my spouse which I already did and submitted.

Is it a positive sign?

Does that mean PPR is round the corner?

AOR : 1st Feb, 2019
Category : CEC Inland

I would appreciate your reply!

All the best and I pray we all get PPR in the coming week!

santab

Sep 15, 2018
@santab & @bibi-hey

Hello guys,

Even I recently got a request for a Biometrics for my spouse which I already did and submitted.

Is it a positive sign?

Hi Bunny, I got biometric request a month after AOR. Now I am 8 months post AOR and PPR is still not around the corner for me :)

However each case is different.

Bibetta

Sep 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Varshava
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Hello guys!

I was a silent follower of your forum. First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you for your support and sharing of your experience.
So, today I have a question and need your advice.

We are family of four (my husband and me and two our sons: 15 and 12 years old) from Russia. My husband is a main applicant.
AOR 31 Jan 2019. PNP (PEI).
Just now (almost 8 months later after AOR) we have got a request for some extra documents. One of them is the letter about Funds proof:

>Funds, proof: You provided documentation from your spouse's funds. Please provide a written letter from your spouse showing that you have permission to the funds in her accounts...<

Actually, documentation from my funds wasn’t necessary when we applied, but it seemed reasonable to show all our accounts for best result. So, how do you think I should provide permission to my spouse use my money? Should I just write a letter as they ask, or should I give a power of attorney signed by notaries?
Moreover, if the letter from me is enough, could I write this letter in English (I provide my IELTS results, that shows that I am able to write English), or I should write Russian letter, that must be accompanied by English translations by certified translators?

I am so worried to make things properly now, because we have been trying to move for a few years, before AOR. And we have been waiting any movement for 8 months after AOR. So, it is so important for us to do our best.

P.s.: please, forgive me for my mistakes, as I said upper, I am not a main applicant and my IELTS results are not so perfect as my spouse's.

nomad26

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Hello guys!

I was a silent follower of your forum. First of all, I want to say thanks to all of you for your support and sharing of your experience.
So, today I have a question and need your advice.

We are family of four (my husband and me and two our sons: 15 and 12 years old) from Russia. My husband is a main applicant.
AOR 31 Jan 2019. PNP (PEI).
Just now (almost 8 months later after AOR) we have got a request for some extra documents. One of them is the letter about Funds proof:

>Funds, proof: You provided documentation from your spouse's funds. Please provide a written letter from your spouse showing that you have permission to the funds in her accounts...<

Actually, documentation from my funds wasn’t necessary when we applied, but it seemed reasonable to show all our accounts for best result. So, how do you think I should provide permission to my spouse use my money? Should I just write a letter as they ask, or should I give a power of attorney signed by notaries?
Moreover, if the letter from me is enough, could I write this letter in English (I provide my IELTS results, that shows that I am able to write English), or I should write Russian letter, that must be accompanied by English translations by certified translators?

I am so worried to make things properly now, because we have been trying to move for a few years, before AOR. And we have been waiting any movement for 8 months after AOR. So, it is so important for us to do our best.

P.s.: please, forgive me for my mistakes, as I said upper, I am not a main applicant and my IELTS results are not so perfect as my spouse's.
A letter in English signed by you is sufficient. You don't need to notarise it.

Bibetta

Sep 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Varshava
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
A letter in English signed by you is sufficient. You don't need to notarise it.
Oh, Thank you so much! One more questuion, to whom I should adress this letter? To the officer (because the officer asks me to give the letter) or to my husband (because by letter I am going to give him a permission)?

bibi-hey

Star Member
Mar 1, 2019
@santab & @bibi-hey

Hello guys,

Is it a positive sign?

Like Santana said every case is different. Most people had their Biometrics earlier. I am also worried as to why mine came so late.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

santab

Sep 15, 2018
I sincerely hope what you said turns out to be true!
I did complete my re-meds on Saturday 21st in Toronto. Doctor's office told me that the results will be sent in 3-4 days. So I am hoping by Friday latest, the doctor's office will submit my results.

My spouse is primary applicant. My spouse and kid's medicals expired on 16th. Both live in US. But on 16th, we got re-med request only for me (not for my spouse and kid). My medicals had expired way back in June. So I am guessing that on 16th, my spouse's and kid's medical was extended and only mine was requested for re-med.
Am I right? Or is there a chance that IRCC will request re-meds for my spouse and kid now?

Fanadian

Apr 22, 2019
Morning guys, 237 days check in, I heard once our application has been transferred to a local visa office, Things start to getting slow... seems like it's true