+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Unfortunately, no.
She said, "eligibility and security hasn't started, but we're waiting on a '3rd party' to give us the results of security."
I guess they don't consider security check to have begun unless they get the results.
I've been on this status since beginning of August, so I was wondering how long it takes for it to get done.
I don't think one should fully trust the IRCC agents. My Criminality security have already been passed and from last one month my file is at the final review. I am still awaiting the golden email have no clue how much more time it will take.

Reactions: kzeed12

Bunny Thapar

Jun 27, 2017
Visa Office......
Montreal
May I know what is ur Background Status showing:- Is it showing "your application is in progress" or "We are processing your Background check"
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

But this has been the same since 17th March.

Hope I see some movement this week due to reminder sent last week!

Reactions: kzeed12

yu0831

Aug 1, 2019
Hi guys,
Just wanna update my progress as I know some of you may take it as a reference for your case.
AOR: Jan 12, 2019
Police reports reuqest: March 12, 2019
Ghost update: July 12, 2019
PPR: Aug 8, 2019
Approved: Aug 23, 2019
I called CIC in end of July and the agent said my eligibility passed and just wait for my background check. I think because my timeline passed 6 months, the agent is more willing to tell me about my status details. Also, I applied with my husband, I think it takes double time on our background. Some of my friends who are single, they only take 4 and a half month to get PPR.

I hope you guys will get the golden emails very soon, good luck !

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hi guys,
Just wanna update my progress as I know some of you may take it as a reference for your case.
I called CIC in end of July and the agent said my eligibility passed and just wait for my background check. I think because my timeline passed 6 months, the agent is more willing to tell me about my status details. Also, I applied with my husband, I think it takes double time on our background. Some of my friends who are single, they only take 4 and a half month to get PPR.

Congratulations!!

D

Deleted member 826724

Official 7 months since AOR. At this moment maybe I should just withdraw my application and reapply again to see if my case will be picked up by someone sooner next time.
Please, don’t withdraw after this loong wait. You are not certain about your next application. The problem is that laws might change with a new regime in place and you are not sure about the timelines too.

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi guys,

Congratulations!

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
August, so I was wondering how long it takes for it to get done.
It’s said that security check takes the most time. Sorry this isn’t helpful nor detailed enough.

However, you may be right that things/checks may already be happening in the background. I found out that I’ve passed the criminality check but I didn’t hear a peep about that. :)