+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Steven2410

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Guys,

Quick question. Do you pay for Biometric fee upfront during the application processes or later after you have received your Biometric request letter?
I paid a total of 1040 (Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)). This does not seem to include Biometric fee

My Status is:

AOR: Jan 28th
MEP: March 12th
BIL: Not received

I see some people said they received BIL within a day or two after their Medical passed. I wonder if any of you have come across this issue

wm84

Jan 3, 2019
Hi Guys,

Quick question. Do you pay for Biometric fee upfront during the application processes or later after you have received your Biometric request letter?
I paid a total of 1040 (Processing fee ($550) and right of permanent residence fee ($490)). This does not seem to include Biometric fee

My Status is:

AOR: Jan 28th
MEP: March 12th
BIL: Not received

I see some people said they received BIL within a day or two after their Medical passed. I wonder if any of you have come across this issue
The Biometric cost should be included in the total application fee. Are you definitely from a country that requires you to submit your biometrics?

Reactions: Amanjot7

Steven2410

Mar 18, 2019
The Biometric cost should be included in the total application fee. Are you definitely from a country that requires you to submit your biometrics?
My country of citizen is Vietnam. I dont think it gets the exception. Is there anyway i can pay for it now? or should i wait for their request

wm84

Jan 3, 2019

sb_hb

Mar 15, 2019
Yes i have contacted VAC and IRCC, BUT still nothing is changed
I contacted VAC and got the reply that biometerics have been forwarded to IRCC Chandigarh. I also raised this issue with IRCC chandigarh through webform but they did not reply.

vsr0722

Mar 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
31-01-2019
I received BIL and RCMP request for my spouse today. We are already in Canada, and we applied when while we were in Canada.
The letter states "Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics."

Do we need to go out of the country to submit biometrics? This seems a bit odd to me
There are no VACs in Canada, and the airport location seem to accept biometrics only for WP and student
Anybody in a similar situation?

AOR Jan 31
Medical Pass March 18th
CEC Inland
Citizenship: Indian

Last edited:

Talia101

Oct 9, 2018
Biometrics number updated today but status is still your action is requested for biometrics. When should i expect my biometrics to become completed.thanks

Last edited:

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
They could while conducting your background check and eligibility assessment. The most common ADR is for schedule A (IMM5669). It doesn't follow any pattern and is therefore unexpected. so keep your eyes open and be ready to respond, usually these requests have 30 days deadline
Many Thanks for the info..!!!

Also, if in case they ask about schedule A (IMM5669) - what exactly that document is about? do we need to download online and fill it? Can you provide some info on that. Just wanted to be aware of things before hand so that I can provide the details quickly when asked.

Thanks Again...!!!

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Many Thanks for the info..!!!

Also, if in case they ask about schedule A (IMM5669) - what exactly that document is about? do we need to download online and fill it? Can you provide some info on that. Just wanted to be aware of things before hand so that I can provide the details quickly when asked.

Thanks Again...!!!
My aor27 Jan. On 13 March directly got ADR request. Imm5669 only mine was requested. But me and my husband filled n sent in. Then on 16 March again theyrequest my husband's imm5669 with original sign.no medical updates nothing. But my earlier Aor was 1 dec 2018 which was cancelled due to wrong pcc of my husband.

D-source

Star Member
Dec 18, 2018
My aor27 Jan. On 13 March directly got ADR request. Imm5669 only mine was requested. But me and my husband filled n sent in. Then on 16 March again theyrequest my husband's imm5669 with original sign.no medical updates nothing. But my earlier Aor was 1 dec 2018 which was cancelled due to wrong pcc of my husband.
Got your point.. I think as yiso91 said "It doesn't follow any pattern and therefore unexpected." Probably, after submitting the ADR (IMM5669), soon you guys will receive an update on MEP and BIL.

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
AOR Received.
06-02-2019
Med's Done....
21-03-2019
I received BIL and RCMP request for my spouse today. We are already in Canada, and we applied when while we were in Canada.
The letter states "Note: If you received this letter you must give your biometrics before coming to Canada and are not eligible to have your fingerprints and photograph taken at a Canadian port of entry. If you are already in Canada, you will have to leave the country to provide your biometrics."

Do we need to go out of the country to submit biometrics? This seems a bit odd to me
There are no VACs in Canada, and the airport location seem to accept biometrics only for WP and student
Anybody in a similar situation?

AOR Jan 31
Medical Pass March 18th
CEC Inland
Citizenship: Indian

I am also in same situation but my dependent is in other country and I am on implied status in Canada.

The below thread might give us some idea,
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/for-biometrics-do-i-really-need-to-go-outside-canada.602370/#post-7603214

Last edited:

vsr0722

Mar 19, 2018
Canada
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
31-01-2019

Chinku04

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........