+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
Same happened to me a few days ago...I got an email update but nothgin is updated online. I see you post is old, have you got any update since the above post?
My Status
AOR: 21-Jan
Ghost Update only since then
CEC Inland.
What is your background status? In progress or we are processing? Did it change after MEP?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
What is your background status? In progress or we are processing? Did it change after MEP?
Not got MEP yet!

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam.
Background check: We are processing your background check.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
@habeebah
Looking at your post i see that u r 8jan AOR
I’m 9jan aor
I got MEP n Bio on 19 feb and got my bio completed on 27Feb

My BG also changed to “In progress”
But till today hasn’t hanged back to “we are processing”

What do u think next PPR or status will go back to IN progress as claimed IP1 and IP 2 ??
I am also in the same position as you. Don't know about IP1 or 2. But can say that I got two ghost updates till now. One a day after medical, the second one where it became in progress another 20 days after medical. All I know is that a ghost signifies some work being done in our application.
Hope it results in a PR email as the next step. Anybody who has got further updates?

Reactions: Wahegurujee

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
I am also in the same position as you. Don't know about IP1 or 2. But can say that I got two ghost updates till now. One a day after medical, the second one where it became in progress another 20 days after medical. All I know is that a ghost signifies some work being done in our application.
Hope it results in a PR email as the next step. Anybody who has got further updates?
Looks like ur track post aor is as per following

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Now it seems if you got IP2
Plus you got ghost update as well

I promise next is PPR

Reactions: aspirant89

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
Looks like ur track post aor is as per following

Post-submission stages:
False IP2
- Usually right from AOR or just after MEP. Background Check shows "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.”
MEP - Medicals passed: review of medical results changes from "You do not need a medical exam." to "You have passed the medical exam." There is no email for MEP.
Ghost Update - When you log in, the application says it's been "updated" but none of the fields have changed. Once you logout and log back in, the application returns to being "submitted". Ghost updates are not announced by email and a candidate must check their profile daily to not miss them.
Ghost Update #1 or Real IP1 - "In progress" 1: Background Check changes to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check." Usually follows MEP. Some applicants (especially Inland and CEC) skip this stage. You should receive an email for your Real IP1 - the email will not provide any details, just that your application has been updated.
NA2 - "Not Applicable" 2: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP1. Some applicants skip this stage and it is easily missed. No email.
Ghost Update #2 or Real IP2 - "In progress" 2: Background Check changes to "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." No email.
NA3 - "Not Applicable" 3: Background Check changes to "Not Applicable" again after IP2 (uncommon).
Ghost Update #3 or Final Ghost Update - Often considered a sign that PPR is coming soon. Not seen by all applicants.
PPR - Passport request: IRCC sends "Ready for visa" e-mail asking you to submit your documents to your visa office so they can issue your CoPR and entry visa if applicable. A PPR is announced only by email, and there may be no changes made directly to the profile. If you are worried you might miss it, you can whitelist the email domain @cic.gc.ca to ensure the email comes straight to your inbox.
CoPR - Confirmation of Permanent Residence: A document that says you've been approved for permanent residence.

Now it seems if you got IP2
Plus you got ghost update as well

I promise next is PPR
Hope that's the pattern. Fingers crossed, Lets wait and watch. I guess you would have also got similar ghost updates since your BG status is in progress. You might not have logged in around the time it was updated and may have missed out on the Application Updated status in your account.

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
Hope that's the pattern. Fingers crossed, Lets wait and watch. I guess you would have also got similar ghost updates since your BG status is in progress. You might not have logged in around the time it was updated and may have missed out on the Application Updated status in your account.
I remember I saw updated status and I checked it showed Background as “In Progress”
Now till now it hasn’t changed to “we are processing”

Now when did you complete ur biometrics ?? As ur MEP and BIL was 25 March ..
Mine was 19 feb bio n mep and bio completed on 27 feb

Reactions: aspirant89

aspirant89

Star Member
Oct 20, 2015
I remember I saw updated status and I checked it showed Background as “In Progress”
Now till now it hasn’t changed to “we are processing”

Now when did you complete ur biometrics ?? As ur MEP and BIL was 25 March ..
Mine was 19 feb bio n mep and bio completed on 27 feb
22nd Feb for MEP and Bio completed on 28th Feb.

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Any updates directly related to your application (i.e. MEP , BIL , PRPF , PPR) all come in form of an email either as only '' Email notification '' or plain text in the case of PPR.
Hey how ru..we gave our bio today . Now they show up in my account. With expiry date biometric section still shows we need ur bio.? Why so

JssAmA

May 8, 2018
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Passport Req..
20-08-2019
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2019
LANDED..........
03-09-2019
Same happened to me a few days ago...I got an email update but nothgin is updated online. I see you post is old, have you got any update since the above post?
My Status
AOR: 21-Jan
Ghost Update only since then
CEC Inland.
My current status:
AOR: Jan 21
IP1: Mar 4 (ghst upd on 3rd, email on 4th)
MEP: Mar 15 (ghost update)
IP2: Mar 19 (ghost update)
CEC Inland.

Yes. My BGD changes to IP1 on March 4th. Two days later, which is March 6th, I received an email from cic (Migration Health Branch at Ottawa office) with furtherance request (asked me to do additional medical test). I was so nervous about this.

After I have done it and made sure it’s been updated on Mar 15, I finally got MEP that afternoon.

Today, I logged on and the BGD becomes IP2.

I hope this information could help.

Reactions: ab-ee-pnp