+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Hi Preet, appreciate the response. I will be going to VFS Dubai tom to make an inquiry about this.

Also about moving right away I am more concerned about the harsh climate.
You can't run away from this. If you are worries about harsh climate then there is no point of applying for PR. :)
You just need to buy the right clothing while you are in Canada and you should be good. No matter how the weather is, life goes on

mohanv8

Oct 29, 2014
I think I just got a ghost update. No email, just logged in and it showed application updated. First update since March. Does this happen if you send additional document and they accepted it or its genuine progress?

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

Kcanada0119

Jul 29, 2019
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
28-02-2019
I think I just got a ghost update. No email, just logged in and it showed application updated. First update since March. Does this happen if you send additional document and they accepted it or its genuine progress?
I got a ghost update too last thursday. I have a RR for job reference letter and I sent additional documents in Aug. I'm not sure what was updated on my application but I did fill a webform last Friday. Lets see if I get a positive response from it.

mxg

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
United States
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Calgary
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
07-03-2019
Passport Req..
10-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2020
I was going through the last GCMS notes I ordered in August and I noticed a Review Required in Client Information. This looks like a case analyst reviewed all the documents I uploaded. Some of them had the status checked and some had no information for the status. There are different sections for Employment records, Educational qualifications. My best guess would that the Client Information is the Letter of Explanation.

Can someone please shed some light in this and tell me if this really is the review required that people are worried about?

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Hey, actually landing needs to be completed based on COPR expiry date. Normally COPR date is same as medicals expiry date.
Thanks for the clarification, it means we have only a couple of months to wrap things up.

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
You can't run away from this. If you are worries about harsh climate then there is no point of applying for PR. :)
You just need to buy the right clothing while you are in Canada and you should be good. No matter how the weather is, life goes on

Thanks for the push and I agree we have to deal with this at some point. I think I have been reading too many negative posts that mention winter being the worst period to immigrate.

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
Jan 20 AOR. I haven't even ordered GCMC notes yet because

(1) don't want to hand over all my personal information to this private company I know very little about
(2) there's no action to be taken based on the results, is there? They'll process the file at their own pace and will get back to me for additional documents/interview if needed..

anything wrong with this logic? what can I really do if the file points out exactly where the application is stuck?

Still optimistic of receiving PPR, immitracker says 15% from Jan 2019 cohort still haven't heard back without receiving denials.
9% and 5% from last year Dec and Nov respectively. So realistically expecting something by end of year.

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Hello everyone,

Typically how many days after a complaint is filed, will GCMS note be released?

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Jan 20 AOR. I haven't even ordered GCMC notes yet because

(1) don't want to hand over all my personal information to this private company I know very little about
(2) there's no action to be taken based on the results, is there? They'll process the file at their own pace and will get back to me for additional documents/interview if needed..

anything wrong with this logic? what can I really do if the file points out exactly where the application is stuck?

Still optimistic of receiving PPR, immitracker says 15% from Jan 2019 cohort still haven't heard back without receiving denials.
9% and 5% from last year Dec and Nov respectively. So realistically expecting something by end of year.
Point 2 isn't all that simple. People have been rejected without ADR/PFL/Interview. The GCMS will give you adequate information on your file so you know how best to tackle the issues (if any)

Reactions: capricorn7

Uncle_Iroh

Jul 20, 2019
Point 2 isn't all that simple. People have been rejected without ADR/PFL/Interview. The GCMS will give you adequate information on your file so you know how best to tackle the issues (if any)
Okay but what is the action to be taken if, let's say, the GCMS says background check is pending? Or eligibility in progress. Or anything else really. There's no way to get in touch with those guys.

WunmiofLagos

Jan 8, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Nomination.....
19-12-2018
AOR Received.
15-01-2019
Okay but what is the action to be taken if, let's say, the GCMS says background check is pending? Or eligibility in progress. Or anything else really. There's no way to get in touch with those guys.
There are only 2/3 scenarios when you order notes.
1) No movement after R10 check. Eligibility & security (and maybe criminality) would say ''not started''. There's nothing you can do at this point, other than request another set of notes after a while.
2) Your file is in progress. This means a case analyst has worked on your file and either recommends passed or recommends immigration officer reviews again. The immigration officer is the one who finalizes an application. Usually, there's nothing to worry about if your file has been marked as passed but if there's RR, then you have the opportunity to send supporting documents.
3) Your file has been finalized and a decision has been taken. Either eligibility not met or file approved.

I may be wrong and definitely open to corrections.

Last edited:

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
In the notes, if you see any negative comments/issue related to any of the documents which you had submitted, then notes are helpful. In such case you can proactively work to submit the document using Case Specifci Inquiry instead of waiting for the ADR.
But yes, if everything shows recommended pass or not started then notes can't really help.

I agree with what @WunmiofLagos has mentioned.

Jun 20, 2019
Hey guys, i need your help so badly.. i'm a 31 jan aor and i'm also still waiting for my ppr.. but it seems that i'm facing a problematic situation here.. i didn't mention an old visa refusal my husband had back in 2003 or 2004 he doesn't remember anything about it except for the country it was spain.. so , i'm wondering if i should raise a webform knowing that my husband has only a vague memory of this incident? thanking you in advance for your help !

capricorn7

Star Member
Aug 14, 2018
Hey guys, i need your help so badly.. i'm a 31 jan aor and i'm also still waiting for my ppr.. but it seems that i'm facing a problematic situation here.. i didn't mention an old visa refusal my husband had back in 2003 or 2004 he doesn't remember anything about it except for the country it was spain.. so , i'm wondering if i should raise a webform knowing that my husband has only a vague memory of this incident? thanking you in advance for your help !
I don’t think there is a need to mention that now. It seems to be not related to Canada pr application.