+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

kzeed12

May 28, 2019
Visa Office......
Sydney CIO Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
22-09-2018
Don’t stress I think you can also do some courses that could help you in Canada. Or maybe you can use the time to brush up your some skills you need to crack the interviews out there. Or better yet just take a break and do something you always wanted to do (on a budget ofcourse )

The choice yours and you must be happy with it because the long term looks great. And it’s just this short term that we have to tackle :)
"""because the long term looks great. And it’s just this short term that we have to tackle"" - LIKE That :)

Reactions: capricorn7

kum152007

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi all,
My AOR is Jan 29th.. CIO - Sydney, NS... Still awaiting my PPR!

I called the CIC agent yesterday. He mentioned that my file is being worked on and all required documents are received but the background check is still in progress but there is no way to say how much longer it would take. It could be 1 week or even a month. When I called on Aug 5th the agent mentioned that my eligibility was still in progress.

Any idea how long a background check typically takes ? Is it the last stage of the processing or will they need to finish background before eligibility ?
Sidney is slowest , keep waiting, my AOR , 4 JAN and waiting (Sydney, NS)

Reactions: PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
That's exactly what I have been asking the call centre agents. There is no problem in waiting but they need to give a definite due date. They have sent 4 remainders so far, 3 of them have already expired and 4th will expire on 29th of this month, then they will send another useless remainder. My only question is what exactly is the point of sending these monthly remainders when they haven't touched my case since April 26? Does this make any sense? I'm not even sure whether whoever is handling my case even gets these remainders.

According to IRCC, processing a PR application is much more complex and longer than giving birth to a human child.
Are they telling you that you're in queue AND they're sending reminders?
I was told twice that they cannot send a reminder when you're already in queue for review..

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Are they telling you that you're in queue AND they're sending reminders?
I was told twice that they cannot send a reminder when you're already in queue for review..
Remainders sent on May 9th, June 3, July 12 and July 26
All responses "Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer"

Next remainder can only be sent on August 29 :)

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Remainders sent on May 9th, June 3, July 12 and July 26
All responses "Your application is currently in queue for review by an officer"

Next remainder can only be sent on August 29 :)
I lost my mind with what the on-call agent told me today. Apparently "Review required means there is no timeline. It can take weeks, months, years.." his exact words

Almost makes more sense to me to withdraw and reapply but that's so hard when you've already invested more than half a year..

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
I lost my mind with what the on-call agent told me today. Apparently "Review required means there is no timeline. It can take weeks, months, years.." his exact words

Almost makes more sense to me to withdraw and reapply but that's so hard when you've already invested more than half a year..
Yes, it does make sense what agent told.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Yes, it does make sense what agent told.
Sure but the whole system makes no sense. There should be no "review required" bs. If an application is incomplete, reject or send ADR.. not this endless nonsense. At least that frees up the applicant to reapply or move on

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Sure but the whole system makes no sense. There should be no "review required" bs. If an application is incomplete, reject or send ADR.. not this endless nonsense. At least that frees up the applicant to reapply or move on
Can you please tell me how did you come to know your application is Review Required, I mean did u specifically asked the agent when you called up IRCC or you got an email or something

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Can you please tell me how did you come to know your application is Review Required, I mean did u specifically asked the agent when you called up IRCC or you got an email or something
I received the infamous "in queue for review by officer" email about a month ago and the on-call agent parroted the same today

ab-ee-pnp

Aug 3, 2018
100% agree.
The whole system is random - pick up random file, random decision, unopened files for months and months....no better than lottery thing

Reactions: CaCal and PrasadK

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
100% agree.
The whole system is random - pick up random file, random decision, unopened files for months and months....no better than lottery thing
Yeah at least the H1B lottery gave me a CLEAR sign of the result within weeks

Anusha1990

Jul 23, 2019
I received the infamous "in queue for review by officer" email about a month ago and the on-call agent parroted the same today

I also got an email today saying my application is currently in queue for review by an officer.

Is this a bad sign? :eek: is it an indication that something's amiss in my documents or my case is complicated that it needs review?

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Guys I'm fearing misrepresentation ban for reasons:-

1. My offer letter designation - AM- CSO, my relieving letter designation AM- SS, my payslips show CSO as department and designation as AM- SS. Reference letter which i thought was to get it made with offer letter designation. so my reference letter states my offer letter designation throughout. I have already attached offer letter, relieving, reference letter so everything is with IRCC already and they can easily see discrepency in sub-department mismatch. (the truth is i was transferred to a different sub department and transfer letter is also with IRCC)
2. My reference letter has digital signature and is a pdf version
3. My reference letter only contains company's information and contact number doesn't include the signees number and email address but includes signees designation i.e. GM- HR
4. Reference letter is dated 2017 and the signee no longer works with that company

To overcome these challenges, I have managed to obtain a detailed reference letter again which isn't digital but has my relieving letter designation and hours mentioned as 40 working hours v/s reference letter which was submitted has 45hours. I'm contemplating uploading this now which according to me might raise red flags. I thought i will take your opinion before doing it. AOR JAN @rushi.gada Please assist anyone.

I have asked multiple people and everyone has suggested that if i was misrepresentating- they would have sent a PFL already but i haven't received anything after biometrics. My question is- should i still fear misrepresentation?
Hi buddy .. don’t worry, it’s completely common to have complicated thing like this. The way I see it, look at what options you have. Can the current HR team at the place send you an email confirming all the clarifications you need? Do you know an existing employee who can give your a reference? IRCC accepts references written on blank papers signed by old colleagues who still work there if that individual was your reporting manager or higher designation then you? They can sign off with the company’s email id and visit card and employee id become supporting.

If all that is not possible, just leave it as it is. Don’t think about the worse !

Maybe it’s not as bad as you think and IRCC have no issues, otherwise you would have received an RR by now.

Call for your GCMS notes asap! Also, when u next call the call center, ask for the exact status on your eligibility and also if there are any review required on your application.

At no stage will worrying or panicking help. So be positive and don’t over think. I am sure it’s gonna be okay. If it wasn’t raised this far, it probably won’t be of concern. It’s not like you have lied about your employment.. remember .. when your NOC AND WORK EX MISMATCH, that’s when you could get rejected

Hope this helps you buddy. Don’t worry :)

Reactions: Bunny Thapar