+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello everyone,
Got a question. I got an ADR for IMM 5604 Declaration from non-accompanying parent for my children. Does it mean there is a progress in my case or is just another ADR and it means nothing in terms of how soon will I get PPR? AOR 18FEB

Reactions: Bunny Thapar

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
I raised a webform a couple of days ago and I got the below response:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

I don't know what to make of this. As always, I get a generic vague response. This is so frustrating. Not sure if I should be content with the fact that atleast my file is in queue for review.

Don't these officers get an updated internal deadline on files that have passed the 6 month timeline? The wait is not really a big problem, it's the complete uncertainty that is giving sleepless nights. They can atleast give us tentative dates.

My AOR is 26th Jan and I haven't seen a single update or movement post my biometrics that happened back in March. I have not even seen a ghost update.
I have been receiving that "your application is currently in queue for review by an officer" response since May 9th. Still waiting for the queue to end.

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
I raised a webform a couple of days ago and I got the below response:

Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.

I don't know what to make of this. As always, I get a generic vague response. This is so frustrating. Not sure if I should be content with the fact that atleast my file is in queue for review.

Don't these officers get an updated internal deadline on files that have passed the 6 month timeline? The wait is not really a big problem, it's the complete uncertainty that is giving sleepless nights. They can atleast give us tentative dates.

My AOR is 26th Jan and I haven't seen a single update or movement post my biometrics that happened back in March. I have not even seen a ghost update.
Hey Anusha, I received the same response from them. It’s a generic automated response and it indicates nothing about the status of our application. I received a more detailed update when I emailed Ralph Goodales office. However, the most reliable update is your GCMS notes And I would recommend ordering them if not done as they take about 30-45 days to arrive.

And yeah I completely agree the uncertainty is a nightmare. But with each passing day I try to make peace with it.

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
I got the same reply..was even told that my security and Criminality are cleared and eligibility is on the last phase i.e final review by the officer. I wonder when will I get the golden email..the wait is extremely frustrating
Hey Maysa, the update does seem promising. I think PPR is just around the corner. All the best and god speed :)

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
How can you be so sure about that? Is there any clue?
It might be just a hunch, I believe everyone is being positive given the lack of recent activity. Also CPC Ottawa does do a lot of its work in batches from historic data so I hope this is the case going forward too. Another reason to be optimistic is that the holiday period will end in September when schools and colleges reopen. So hopefully a fully staffed CPC will do a faster job. Anyways let’s hope for the best :)

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Guys I'm fearing misrepresentation ban for reasons:-

1. My offer letter designation - AM- CSO, my relieving letter designation AM- SS, my payslips show CSO as department and designation as AM- SS. Reference letter which i thought was to get it made with offer letter designation. so my reference letter states my offer letter designation throughout. I have already attached offer letter, relieving, reference letter so everything is with IRCC already and they can easily see discrepency in sub-department mismatch. (the truth is i was transferred to a different sub department and transfer letter is also with IRCC)
2. My reference letter has digital signature and is a pdf version
3. My reference letter only contains company's information and contact number doesn't include the signees number and email address but includes signees designation i.e. GM- HR
4. Reference letter is dated 2017 and the signee no longer works with that company

To overcome these challenges, I have managed to obtain a detailed reference letter again which isn't digital but has my relieving letter designation and hours mentioned as 40 working hours v/s reference letter which was submitted has 45hours. I'm contemplating uploading this now which according to me might raise red flags. I thought i will take your opinion before doing it. AOR JAN @rushi.gada Please assist anyone.

I have asked multiple people and everyone has suggested that if i was misrepresentating- they would have sent a PFL already but i haven't received anything after biometrics. My question is- should i still fear misrepresentation?
I think it’s only misrepresentation if you do not inform them about this in a detailed manner through an LOE. You will need to help your CO to interpret this correctly such that they do not make an assumptions that affects your application. I do not know how much it will help or at what stage your application is but you should proactively send them a LOE as soon as possible. This the best you can do right now.

Reactions: kzeed12

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
I think the same too. But joining a company just for a month or 2.. doesn’t seem quite right.. what would i say when i would have to quit?
Don’t stress I think you can also do some courses that could help you in Canada. Or maybe you can use the time to brush up your some skills you need to crack the interviews out there. Or better yet just take a break and do something you always wanted to do (on a budget ofcourse )

The choice yours and you must be happy with it because the long term looks great. And it’s just this short term that we have to tackle :)

Melissa.d

Apr 24, 2018
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
Maharashtra
Its tough to remain calm in such situation. Lack of clarity on what would be the deadline is the frustrating part!!
It’s downright annoying to be honest, the lack clarity gets on your nerves sometimes. But this is the price we have to pay for the life we intend to live in future. It is forums like these that are the strongest support systems during this period. To know that there is someone who can relate to what your feeling and maybe even help you feel better is what makes this forum a special place. I hope we all bump into each other some day in Canada and laugh about these messages

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Its tough to remain calm in such situation. Lack of clarity on what would be the deadline is the frustrating part!!
That's exactly what I have been asking the call centre agents. There is no problem in waiting but they need to give a definite due date. They have sent 4 remainders so far, 3 of them have already expired and 4th will expire on 29th of this month, then they will send another useless remainder. My only question is what exactly is the point of sending these monthly remainders when they haven't touched my case since April 26? Does this make any sense? I'm not even sure whether whoever is handling my case even gets these remainders.

According to IRCC, processing a PR application is much more complex and longer than giving birth to a human child.