+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>JANUARY 2019 AoR<<<< Join here

dlnsastri

Jul 18, 2019
I think the same too. But joining a company just for a month or 2.. doesn’t seem quite right.. what would i say when i would have to quit?
Then, you work for reasonably longer time. First, as soon as you get PPR, take leave and land in Canada, get your PR status ..give some local address for your SIN card and come back and work in the company till the time you feel it is reasonable to quit ..say one year , in the meanwhile apply for jobs in canada with SIN and make a final move... don't complicate yourself by not having job dear friend..that's dangerous. Take care and all the best.. final call yours....

Gbadura

Aug 22, 2019
Hi everyone,
i am new to this forum.
I applied for my PR in Janaury and got my AOR in January.
Completed my medicals and Biometrics by March and it was updated on my profile but i am yet to get any further mail or update.
i have called the CIC number to make enquiries and filed the CSE form online but i have just been told to wait.
Is this normal?

Reeva Gandhi

Oct 22, 2018
I would recommend taking up the new job or trying to continue at your current job (if its a possibility). I quit a lucrative job under this same assumption and how I wish I had not taken such a hasty decision. The wait time is a black box and since we cannot control it we would rather not throw away our
existing sources of income as it just adds to the level of frustration. Take it from me and do not place all your eggs in one basket, especially when we live in times of such uncertainty. A job or any work for that matter is the best distraction at this stage.
Totally agree to this... i did the same stupidity... i quit my job last month and now everyday passes like a year sitting at home and waiting for the golden mail... be busy as much as you can and things will fall into place one day... good luck to all

vinayk

Star Member
Jul 16, 2018
Hi everyone,
i am new to this forum.
I applied for my PR in Janaury and got my AOR in January.
Completed my medicals and Biometrics by March and it was updated on my profile but i am yet to get any further mail or update.
i have called the CIC number to make enquiries and filed the CSE form online but i have just been told to wait.
Is this normal?
Yes totally normal 6-8 months are new normals these days. But being proactively tracking the statuses is good for us.
>Ordreing GCMS notes
>Calling IRCC
>Raising CSE's and
>Emailing Ralph Goodale MP(goodale@sasktel.net ) are the only options left with us. But when you call IRCC ask the status for individual things like Eligibility, Security and Criminality. If Eligibility and Security are not started we can request the agent to send a reminder to the concerned Visa Officer to check for the update as 6 month time line has completed. Agents will send this reminder only once, agents may or may not send the reminder completely up to their discretion. But, it's our responsibility to ask. You can also email Ralph Goodale Member of Parliament by sending your Application number, Name, Date of birth, AOR etc and ask him to check the statuses for Eligibility, Security and Criminality. They usually reply back in less than a day but, they do this only once, next request can only be placed after 90 days. Ideally they don't need to reply us but, they are helping us out to whatever extent they can. They just provide the status update, and can't do anything to expedite or approve your application.

Just for your reference, below was the email the IRCC agent sent to CPC Ottawa when I asked them to send the reminder on Phone, later I received email from CPC Ottawa stating that file is under queue for review and they can't tell any specific date when i will be reviewed.

Reminder sent by Agent to CPC Ottawa:
The last BF/due
(Bring Forward date for your understanding) date for this client's application was 2019/05/13. The client is asking for an update on their file since no action was taken and delays have passed. Could you please verify?
Reply received to me from CPC Ottawa:
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Thanks,
Vinay

Maysa74

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yes totally normal 6-8 months are new normals these days. But being proactively tracking the statuses is good for us.
>Ordreing GCMS notes
>Calling IRCC
>Raising CSE's and
>Emailing Ralph Goodale MP(goodale@sasktel.net ) are the only options left with us. But when you call IRCC ask the status for individual things like Eligibility, Security and Criminality. If Eligibility and Security are not started we can request the agent to send a reminder to the concerned Visa Officer to check for the update as 6 month time line has completed. Agents will send this reminder only once, agents may or may not send the reminder completely up to their discretion. But, it's our responsibility to ask. You can also email Ralph Goodale Member of Parliament by sending your Application number, Name, Date of birth, AOR etc and ask him to check the statuses for Eligibility, Security and Criminality. They usually reply back in less than a day but, they do this only once, next request can only be placed after 90 days. Ideally they don't need to reply us but, they are helping us out to whatever extent they can. They just provide the status update, and can't do anything to expedite or approve your application.

Just for your reference, below was the email the IRCC agent sent to CPC Ottawa when I asked them to send the reminder on Phone, later I received email from CPC Ottawa stating that file is under queue for review and they can't tell any specific date when i will be reviewed.

Reminder sent by Agent to CPC Ottawa:
The last BF/due
(Bring Forward date for your understanding) date for this client's application was 2019/05/13. The client is asking for an update on their file since no action was taken and delays have passed. Could you please verify?
Reply received to me from CPC Ottawa:
Please be informed that your application is currently in queue for review by an officer. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with a date on which your file will be reviewed.
Please be assured that you will be contacted immediately should further information be required or regarding the next steps in your file.
We thank you for your patience and for keeping your correspondence to a minimum.

Thanks,
Vinay
I got the same reply..was even told that my security and Criminality are cleared and eligibility is on the last phase i.e final review by the officer. I wonder when will I get the golden email..the wait is extremely frustrating

HussainM

Jan 17, 2019
I got the same reply..was even told that my security and Criminality are cleared and eligibility is on the last phase i.e final review by the officer. I wonder when will I get the golden email..the wait is extremely frustrating
Your AOR?

joginder1

Jun 23, 2019
Guys I'm fearing misrepresentation ban for reasons:-

1. My offer letter designation - AM- CSO, my relieving letter designation AM- SS, my payslips show CSO as department and designation as AM- SS. Reference letter which i thought was to get it made with offer letter designation. so my reference letter states my offer letter designation throughout. I have already attached offer letter, relieving, reference letter so everything is with IRCC already and they can easily see discrepency in sub-department mismatch. (the truth is i was transferred to a different sub department and transfer letter is also with IRCC)
2. My reference letter has digital signature and is a pdf version
3. My reference letter only contains company's information and contact number doesn't include the signees number and email address but includes signees designation i.e. GM- HR
4. Reference letter is dated 2017 and the signee no longer works with that company

To overcome these challenges, I have managed to obtain a detailed reference letter again which isn't digital but has my relieving letter designation and hours mentioned as 40 working hours v/s reference letter which was submitted has 45hours. I'm contemplating uploading this now which according to me might raise red flags. I thought i will take your opinion before doing it. AOR JAN @rushi.gada Please assist anyone.

I have asked multiple people and everyone has suggested that if i was misrepresentating- they would have sent a PFL already but i haven't received anything after biometrics. My question is- should i still fear misrepresentation?

Abax

Dec 29, 2018
Hi all,
My AOR is Jan 29th.. CIO - Sydney, NS... Still awaiting my PPR!

I called the CIC agent yesterday. He mentioned that my file is being worked on and all required documents are received but the background check is still in progress but there is no way to say how much longer it would take. It could be 1 week or even a month. When I called on Aug 5th the agent mentioned that my eligibility was still in progress.

Any idea how long a background check typically takes ? Is it the last stage of the processing or will they need to finish background before eligibility ?

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Guys, have they changed their phone system up? They're not forwarding to IRCC and I'm no longer able to reach an agent! Is there an alternative?

Anusha1990

Jul 23, 2019
I raised a webform a couple of days ago and I got the below response:

I don't know what to make of this. As always, I get a generic vague response. This is so frustrating. Not sure if I should be content with the fact that atleast my file is in queue for review.

Don't these officers get an updated internal deadline on files that have passed the 6 month timeline? The wait is not really a big problem, it's the complete uncertainty that is giving sleepless nights. They can atleast give us tentative dates.

My AOR is 26th Jan and I haven't seen a single update or movement post my biometrics that happened back in March. I have not even seen a ghost update.

Abax

Dec 29, 2018
Guys, have they changed their phone system up? They're not forwarding to IRCC and I'm no longer able to reach an agent! Is there an alternative?
Just stay on the line even though it says "your call with now be disconnected". They will transfer your call to IRCC.

Apparently the number we are all trying is going to become a voicemail only number in a few weeks. So only those in Canada will get a call back. I don't think google hangouts will be an option.

PrasadK

Jul 5, 2019
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney NS
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
27-01-2019
Passport Req..
08-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
26-11-2019
LANDED..........
15-01-2020
Just stay on the line even though it says "your call with now be disconnected". They will transfer your call to IRCC.

Apparently the number we are all trying is going to become a voicemail only number in a few weeks. So only those in Canada will get a call back. I don't think google hangouts will be an option.
Thanks! Looks like they can't keep up with the backlash from their own delays.. makes sense!

Last edited: