Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
19-03-2019
Med's Done....
27-02-2019
The background Check is yet to be kicked off as per my conversation with cic guys. Is that normal? I have submitted the application 3 months back.
Is there a way we can accelerate the process?

Wahegurujee

Nov 14, 2018
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
09-01-2019
Med's Done....
19-02-2019
The background Check is yet to be kicked off as per my conversation with cic guys. Is that normal? I have submitted the application 3 months back.
Is there a way we can accelerate the process?

There is no way to accelerate ..sorry.
And

Wats your AOR?

Romish

Apr 9, 2019
Hi guys! My AOR is 12th Jan and in the waiting period. My passport is going to expire in Feb 2020. I was thinking of renewing the passport as the timeline to receive the PPR is quite unpredictable. Got a few doubts. Hope you guys can help in clearing my doubts.
1) My passport is from my native place (Allahabad) and currently, I am residing in Delhi (present address). I did my PCC from my Delhi address. Should I renew my passport from my present (Del) address or my permanent address?
2) Since I have done my PCC from my present Delhi address, will it create any issue if I apply for my passport renewal from my permanent address?

Thanks in advance

anas_alam

Mar 23, 2019
Karachi
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
20-01-2019
Hi guys! My AOR is 12th Jan and in the waiting period. My passport is going to expire in Feb 2020. I was thinking of renewing the passport as the timeline to receive the PPR is quite unpredictable. Got a few doubts. Hope you guys can help in clearing my doubts.
1) My passport is from my native place (Allahabad) and currently, I am residing in Delhi (present address). I did my PCC from my Delhi address. Should I renew my passport from my present (Del) address or my permanent address?
2) Since I have done my PCC from my present Delhi address, will it create any issue if I apply for my passport renewal from my permanent address?

Thanks in advance
I wont recommend that, should what for the process to complete, hopefully you will receive your PR before expiry of passport. Best of Luck!!!

Reactions: Choosen

kaverimihir

Mar 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
19-03-2019
Med's Done....
27-02-2019

Thanks in advance
I suppose if possible can u renew the passport post PPR? I mean if u do it now, you might have to inform cic/ ircc and the update might delay the process

Reactions: anas_alam

Romish

Apr 9, 2019
I suppose if possible can u renew the passport post PPR? I mean if u do it now, you might have to inform cic/ ircc and the update might delay the process
Thanks for the suggestion Kaverimihir. Fingers crossed. Hope & pray to get the PPR as per the timeline i.e July. If it gets extended then I will have very limited time to go through the renewal process. Worried about that.

Last edited:

zakiruet

Jan 31, 2014
Islamabad
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
13-12-2018
AOR Received.
25-01-2019
Med's Done....
08-01-2019
Anyone here has experience of renewing the passport while PR is in process?
Yes, I have renewed my family passports 3 weeks ago and then inform IRCC through online webform by attaching the old & new passports. After 3 days, the IRCC agent acknowledged through email.
My AOR is 25th Jan and family passports were expiring on 18-Nov-2019.
Regards

Reactions: Choosen

kaverimihir

Mar 6, 2019
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
19-03-2019
AOR Received.
19-03-2019
Med's Done....
27-02-2019
Yes, I have renewed my family passports 3 weeks ago and then inform IRCC through online webform by attaching the old & new passports. After 3 days, the IRCC agent acknowledged through email.
My AOR is 25th Jan and family passports were expiring on 18-Nov-2019.
Regards
Hey any idea if this would delay the process?

aniks125

Nov 3, 2018
Hi All,

I could see that the "weeks remaining" timer which changes every Saturday for my PR application did not change recently on the previous Saturday. It seems to have stuck at 14 weeks. Has this happened with someone else as well?
AOR - 13 Jan
Current Status - IP2
Biometrics Updated - 8th March
FSW-O - India

Last edited:

dry.00

Oct 4, 2018

Thanks in advance
PPR email asks for passports that will be valid for 12 months, but I don't know how strictly this is enforced.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/issuing-a-new-passport-after-ppr.490001/
This thread says that you should mail a copy of your previous passport along with the new one with a letter explaining the situation when you get a PPR.
The thread is from 2017, so you may want to call and check what the official answer is.