+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

amberrr

Apr 11, 2018
Got my oath done today now waiting to get passport. They said wait till Wednesday but reading posts here that you can apply when ecas status shows complete?

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 8, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 17, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on March 21, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on April 25, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on September 18, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 11, 2018 at 8:20 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. Oath completed today Jan 5th Mississauga location
Hi, I am just wondering if you applied on the next Monday. was is all good?

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
No, not yet unfortunately. Keep me posted if you receive one and I will do the same.
Just a side note, there are other members who received ECAS date as Jan 12, 2019, which is even later than us and they have not seen anything either.
Just called IRCC, they said it can take up to 5 business days, and if by Friday I have not received the invite on my emails, I should call back...that little detail is a bit annoying, get us on our toes when we are supposed to chill.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Have you received any invitation email yet? I have not and filled the webform
Just called IRCC, they said it can take up to 5 business days, and if by Friday I have not received the invite on my emails, I should call back...that little detail is a bit annoying, get us on our toes when we are supposed to chill.
A member in other thread was told if we don't receive any emails that could mean they sent it through postal mail. If we give them a call they should be able to tell us the location. We can show up without the invitation as well. I'll wait till the end of this week for any potential mails. If still no email/mail I'll call them to get the location and just show up.

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018
Thanks. I can now see it "Decision Made" status in ECAS.
I just need to wait and see when Oath invitation email shows up in my inbox, right?
Yep you're right. You can also check your ECAS regularly, just to make sure you don't miss the e-mail.

Ovaisyasin

Jul 21, 2018
Hello there all how are you guys?.. hope you all are doing great.. i have a question .. i got my oath invite for 2 FEB (saturday).. so my question is when should i apply passport and when i will receive it?.. i m in really hurry.. i have a flight on 8 feb to backhome..

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hello there all how are you guys?.. hope you all are doing great.. i have a question .. i got my oath invite for 2 FEB (saturday).. so my question is when should i apply passport and when i will receive it?.. i m in really hurry.. i have a flight on 8 feb to backhome..
I guess you can apply on Feb 6. If you go through urgent 1 day processing then you can get it before your flight.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
To recieve AOR is it by Mail or Email? i send my application since nov 11, and i still didn't receive anything.
If you have provided an email then they will send you an email. Otherwise they will send you by mail. I think you can check spreadsheet for more details. I think it's normal for AOR to take up to 3 months.

Vesimsyd

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
After 2 days from oath I believe you are good to apply under urgent processing

canvan14

May 8, 2014
@Chaoui05
Any updates on your end?
I called IRCC and they said it is ok to come without the invitation letter. My ceremony will be held offsite, not in IRCC offices, so I guess my invitation will come as regular mail. I really hope I get the invitation before my ceremony though.

abedi555

Star Member
Feb 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NYVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
20 JAN 2012
Med's Done....
7 FEB 2012 RCVD BY OTAWWA ON 24 FEB
Interview........
20 JAN 2012
Passport Req..
16 APRIL 2012 SENT ON 23 APRIL
VISA ISSUED...
visa for family issued on 25 april and for me on 10 may
LANDED..........

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
@Chaoui05
Any updates on your end?
I called IRCC and they said it is ok to come without the invitation letter. My ceremony will be held offsite, not in IRCC offices, so I guess my invitation will come as regular mail. I really hope I get the invitation before my ceremony though.
Nope nothing and that’s frustrating! I called them and they told me it might take up to 5 business days and if I have not heard by Friday I should call them back...which I will end up doing anyway...just to see where’s the location