+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Ocanada19

Jan 4, 2019
Hello, please update spreadsheet..
Test completed yesterday as well as the oath ceremony.

Good luck to all who are still waiting.
Are you for real?. How can you have citizenship test and oath ceremony completed same day.
In your own words "Test completed yesterday as well as the oath ceremony".

HDPR

Jan 5, 2014
ID: HDPR
App type: Family (2)

App Sent: Jan.5, 2018
App. Delivered : January 9, 2018
AOR: February 13, 2018
IP: March 21, 2018

No update till date. Me & wife called the call center to check what going on and they informed everything is good and now we have to wait for the test date and the agent asked to call again if we dont receive any update by 9th January 2019 (which will be 1 year)

Updates: 10th January 2019
Called CIC on 9th January and was informed that a note has been sent to Mississauga processing office to check whats the status!!! So it seems they will take days,months or year to reply!!!!!!

Majidqta

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Quetta, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
June 2010
AOR Received.
July 2012
IELTS Request
send with Docs
File Transfer...
13 Apr 2010
Med's Request
9 May 2012
Med's Done....
1 Jun 2012 Re-medical 3 Jul 13
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
16 August 2013
VISA ISSUED...
27 Aug 2013
LANDED..........
4 Oct 2013

No update till date. Me & wife called the call center to check what going on and they informed everything is good and now we have to wait for the test date and the agent asked to call again if we dont receive any update by 9th January 2019 (which will be 1 year)

Called CIC on 9th January and was informed that a note has been sent to Mississauga processing office to check whats the status!!! So it seems they will take days,months or year to reply!!!!!!
Same here, I am waiting till 15 January after I will call them again.

Phantom Warrior

Nov 14, 2017

Hi HDPR, I am in the same situation as you.
App Sent: Dec 31, 2017
App. Delivered : January 4, 2018
AOR: February 12, 2018
I contacted IRCC on 4th January and they said your message will be forwarded. Don't know what is the next step to do !!!

Last edited:

inlimbo2

Jul 3, 2018
Are you for real?. How can you have citizenship test and oath ceremony completed same day.
In your own words "Test completed yesterday as well as the oath ceremony".
You read that right. Test in the morning, ceremony later in the afternoon. Its not common but does happen, maybe they tried to accommodate ppl who were from up North so we don't have to make two trips in the dead of winter or it just worked better with their schedule. Most if not all of us were from towns 5+ hrs away from the Edmonton location so it was def nice of them to set it up for the same day.

Reactions: nov1061

aman1986

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012

Even I applied in dec 2018 I did not get any thing yet waiting

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
El hamdoulilah I just received my Oath invitation - my journey finally comes to an end - it would have taken 12 months and 12 days....but the wait for the test invitation was the most exhausting one - I had to contact my MP to get things moving forward...My application was received on January 18th, in Process on April 24th and test invite was sent out...November 20th! I was losing my mind over that especially reading horror stories about members here who have been waiting more than 18 months with no test invite....

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 10, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 30, 2019 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
What a relieve al hamdoulilah!

To others waiting hang-on, the best is not to check your status everyday and go on with your life as if you didnt apply or else it will affect your well being.

Please admin update my status even though this is my first and only post.

Thank you to everyone on this forum it was such help for me to read everyone's story and tricks.

Reactions: xylene

canvan14

May 8, 2014
El hamdoulilah I just received my Oath invitation - my journey finally comes to an end - it would have taken 12 months and 12 days....but the wait for the test invitation was the most exhausting one - I had to contact my MP to get things moving forward...My application was received on January 18th, in Process on April 24th and test invite was sent out...November 20th! I was losing my mind over that especially reading horror stories about members here who have been waiting more than 18 months with no test invite....

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 10, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 30, 2019 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
What a relieve al hamdoulilah!

To others waiting hang-on, the best is not to check your status everyday and go on with your life as if you didnt apply or else it will affect your well being.

Please admin update my status even though this is my first and only post.

Thank you to everyone on this forum it was such help for me to read everyone's story and tricks.
Hi, my ECAS has the exact same line as you but I did not receive any emails. I checked my junk mail as well but nothing. Did you receive it today? Which location is this?

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
Hey Canvan, same thing here, I checked my emails - didnt receive nothing yet, even my spams.
I would not sweat about it, as long as they have said they sent it to us, if I dont receive nothing next week, I'll call them and use the webform to remind them, worse case scenarios I'll show up at the ceremony showing them my ECAS, period

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hey Canvan, same thing here, I checked my emails - didnt receive nothing yet, even my spams.
I would not sweat about it, as long as they have said they sent it to us, if I dont receive nothing next week, I'll call them and use the webform to remind them, worse case scenarios I'll show up at the ceremony showing them my ECAS, period
Great, I am not the only one then. I did notice there is a 2 day delay between the date showed on ECAS for my test invite vs when I actually received the email. You are right, I'll wait till next week and give them a call. We both have till Jan 30 :)

Reactions: Chaoui05

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
Great, I am not the only one then. I did notice there is a 2 day delay between the date showed on ECAS for my test invite vs when I actually received the email. You are right, I'll wait till next week and give them a call. We both have till Jan 30 :)
Exactly

karine309

Jan 12, 2019
hi,pls add me
Name: karine309
application type: single
physical presense: 1115
App sent: Oct 18, 2018
App received: Oct 24, 2018
ROA: Jan 09, 2019

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
hi,pls add me
Name: karine309
application type: single
physical presense: 1115
App sent: Oct 18, 2018
App received: Oct 24, 2018
ROA: Jan 09, 2019
Can’t you read the topic of this thread? “January 2018 applications” why is that you don’t spend a little more time searching for “October 2018 applications”?

Reactions: zorroo