+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
@Chaoui05
Any updates on your end?
I called IRCC and they said it is ok to come without the invitation letter. My ceremony will be held offsite, not in IRCC offices, so I guess my invitation will come as regular mail. I really hope I get the invitation before my ceremony though.
Just check my mails today and...received the invitation to oath ceremony! Finally man!
So weird because my preferred communication channel is email and I received everything there...actually that's an offsite event eh...
In Pickering, damn far at Frenchman's Bay Public School.
Have you checked your mails?

Reactions: canvan14

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Just check my mails today and...received the invitation to oath ceremony! Finally man!
So weird because my preferred communication channel is email and I received everything there...actually that's an offsite event eh...
In Pickering, damn far at Frenchman's Bay Public School.
Have you checked your mails?
Check your inbox.

drjafs

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/9/2011
AOR Received.
6/12/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12.09.2012, Passport recd at LVO on 19.9.2012, Ecas changed to Decision Made on 25.09.12
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully......... Canada address appeared on 04.10.2012!! on ecas,Visa stamped on 3.10.12, passports and COPR received on 13.10.12.
LANDED..........
landed on 12.12.12 by the Grace of God!!
I am really beginning to feel sad. Optimism is dying and enthusiasm waning. Plain and simple depressed :-( No oath letter yet. Not sure, whether I will feel anything different even if I were to get the oath letter just now. I called the IRCC last week and they said, I will be hearing from them this week and in case I don't hear anything by the end of the month, then they will be take action. I understand they have so many applications on their hands already. I just wish this long wait gets over soon. Soooo many years of patience, anticipation and sacrifice. Will sleep over for another day of waiting ..... I guess. unless.....my belief in miracles comes true. Have a good night folks! Thanks for being with each other at all times!

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hello there all how are you guys?.. hope you all are doing great.. i have a question .. i got my oath invite for 2 FEB (saturday).. so my question is when should i apply passport and when i will receive it?.. i m in really hurry.. i have a flight on 8 feb to backhome..

Hi,
you can apply for your passport as soon as your ECAS shows "Complete" that usually happens in 1-2 days.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
I am really beginning to feel sad. Optimism is dying and enthusiasm waning. Plain and simple depressed :-( No oath letter yet. Not sure, whether I will feel anything different even if I were to get the oath letter just now. I called the IRCC last week and they said, I will be hearing from them this week and in case I don't hear anything by the end of the month, then they will be take action. I understand they have so many applications on their hands already. I just wish this long wait gets over soon. Soooo many years of patience, anticipation and sacrifice. Will sleep over for another day of waiting ..... I guess. unless.....my belief in miracles comes true. Have a good night folks! Thanks for being with each other at all times!
Bro, I believe that us being here with all the privileges is good enough. Citizenship is nothing but the final step in a long journey. It won't change anything in your life currently unless you are planning to apply for jobs that require Canadian citizenship. So whenever you get depressed, just think about how it is actually going to make a difference in your life. Wish you good luck! Hope you hear from them soon!

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Bro, I believe that us being here with all the privileges is good enough. Citizenship is nothing but the final step in a long journey. It won't change anything in your life currently unless you are planning to apply for jobs that require Canadian citizenship. So whenever you get depressed, just think about how it is actually going to make a difference in your life. Wish you good luck! Hope you hear from them soon!
If Citizenship was meaningless, so many people would not be applying for it. The problem is some people get it in 3 months while others are waiting for more than an year. And this is somewhat understandable because each case is different, but there has to be some transparency into the system.

Every time you send an email, there is a standard reply. Why the F%$K reply if your answer is going to be the same. That is so frustrating and Insulting. E.G. I got GCMS notes and after 15 months everything is in Not Started status, Background check, eligibility, etc. etc. So if they haven't even started processing my application I would be Sad and Angry at the same time. My neighbor who applied almost 2 months after me got it in 4 months and just to rub the salt on the wound he asks every week, " Hey man, whats the status on your application?" How come it is taking you so long i got it in 4 months." WTF !

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
there is no other option except to wait my friend.

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
If Citizenship was meaningless, so many people would not be applying for it. The problem is some people get it in 3 months while others are waiting for more than an year. And this is somewhat understandable because each case is different, but there has to be some transparency into the system.

Every time you send an email, there is a standard reply. Why the F%$K reply if your answer is going to be the same. That is so frustrating and Insulting. E.G. I got GCMS notes and after 15 months everything is in Not Started status, Background check, eligibility, etc. etc. So if they haven't even started processing my application I would be Sad and Angry at the same time. My neighbor who applied almost 2 months after me got it in 4 months and just to rub the salt on the wound he asks every week, " Hey man, whats the status on your application?" How come it is taking you so long i got it in 4 months." WTF !
I am not saying it's useless. But we can't do anything else other than wait and keep bugging them. I am sorry that it's been this long for you and hope that your application gets processed quickly.

arunmanian

Jul 30, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
02-04-2014
We attended oath ceremony at Scarborough town center. It was a calm and neatly organized ceremony. Wish all Citizenship applicants quicker processing and soon to join the Canadian family. All the best.

Reactions: drjafs

CANACITIZEN

Dec 5, 2018
Log onto Ecas and you should be able to change your address there. To change your email address you need to call the customer service.
Request please copy paste the web address

Once you say ECAS, does it mean web form which is on this link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

what I know about ECAS is
ECAS stands from Electronic Client Application Status. This on-line service allows Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) clients to view securely the status of their immigration and/or citizenship application(s) on-line, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week; anytime, anywhere.

How are you sure that customer service is going to change the email address and not on website. is it written anywhere on the CIC website

drjafs

Star Member
Sep 12, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/9/2011
AOR Received.
6/12/2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
12.09.2012, Passport recd at LVO on 19.9.2012, Ecas changed to Decision Made on 25.09.12
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully......... Canada address appeared on 04.10.2012!! on ecas,Visa stamped on 3.10.12, passports and COPR received on 13.10.12.
LANDED..........
landed on 12.12.12 by the Grace of God!!
I am not saying it's useless. But we can't do anything else other than wait and keep bugging them. I am sorry that it's been this long for you and hope that your application gets processed quickly.
Lets once again reinforce our optimism in life and hope our dream come true one day. For sure what is meant for us will come our way and what does not... perhaps it was never meant to be for us in the first place. We can support one another more by being positive and pray for all good for everyone. All the best to everyone! Cheers!

Reactions: Owais Iqbal

CANACITIZEN

Dec 5, 2018
keep bugging the CIC guys every 5 minutes by webform
they are not working
all on government jobs are like that. not bothered about work