+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 - Citizenship Applications

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
Please update:

Oath invite: 21th Dec, 2018
Oath date: 12th Jan, 2019
Congrats your are officially done!

Quick question: when did you receive the actual email invitation to oath ceremony? My ECAS says they have sent the oath invitation on January 10th but still have not received the actual email...

OKGO

Jul 2, 2015
Congrats your are officially done!

Quick question: when did you receive the actual email invitation to oath ceremony? My ECAS says they have sent the oath invitation on January 10th but still have not received the actual email...

Just checked my ECAS. Email received 3 days after ECAS status updated.

Reactions: Mpraja

mbqureshi

Star Member
Nov 9, 2017
El hamdoulilah I just received my Oath invitation - my journey finally comes to an end - it would have taken 12 months and 12 days....but the wait for the test invitation was the most exhausting one - I had to contact my MP to get things moving forward...My application was received on January 18th, in Process on April 24th and test invite was sent out...November 20th! I was losing my mind over that especially reading horror stories about members here who have been waiting more than 18 months with no test invite....

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 19, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on April 24, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on November 20, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2018 at 11:50 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  5. We sent you a notice on January 10, 2019 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on January 30, 2019 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
What a relieve al hamdoulilah!

To others waiting hang-on, the best is not to check your status everyday and go on with your life as if you didnt apply or else it will affect your well being.

Please admin update my status even though this is my first and only post.

Thank you to everyone on this forum it was such help for me to read everyone's story and tricks.
congrats

Thito

Dec 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Between 1 day and several years...
Well typically it is a matter of days. You can check the spread sheet (link on page 1 of this thread) to compare with real timelines.
Thanks. I can now see it "Decision Made" status in ECAS.
I just need to wait and see when Oath invitation email shows up in my inbox, right?

Saamirs

Feb 9, 2018
Good After noon guys.
Finally journey for my citizenship has come to an end Best feeling in the world. Almost a year back i was worried and scared of the task that was ahead of me and it only got easier only cause of the people of this group. Thank you for this , it really really helped. Lets keep Canada the best country in the world. make it better from what it is was yesterday.
thank you very much.
Best of luck guys

guptachd

Dec 25, 2018
Just called IRCC to find out whats happening with my application and if i need to renew my PR card (expires in June) and the agent told me that they will send an email to my local office to inquire whats happening as they passed due for processing and will advise if renewal is needed and to call them back in February if i don't hear nothing back. I hope to hear some good news soon! Good luck everyone who is still waiting on a test invite in 2019.
Mine is almost same time as you, Our PR cards expire in April 2019 and I am getting concerned now. May I ask what number did you call?

freek4iphone

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
Btw - someone I know just got his PR in record 13 days after applying. My neighbours just helped their relative in Syria apply for refugee status and they came to Canada in 3.5 months. I applied for citizenship 15 months ago and still waiting for a test invite. That tells you the whole story how much screwed up the system in Canada is. How the hell they can do background checks and eligibility in 13 days for someone outside country and can not do the same for someone who has spent 6 years in Canada. This totally doesn't make sense.

Zeina73

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Btw - someone I know just got his PR in record 13 days after applying. My neighbours just helped their relative in Syria apply for refugee status and they came to Canada in 3.5 months. I applied for citizenship 15 months ago and still waiting for a test invite. That tells you the whole story how much screwed up the system in Canada is. How the hell they can do background checks and eligibility in 13 days for someone outside country and can not do the same for someone who has spent 6 years in Canada. This totally doesn't make sense.
The recent party are working for the long term. They know refugees will stay here forever and can never go back to their countries and will be always grateful for helping them in everything,but us immigrants may be we are not beneficial for them we came with skills and free to go there anytime later.

Last edited:

Chaoui05

Jan 11, 2019
Hi, my ECAS has the exact same line as you but I did not receive any emails. I checked my junk mail as well but nothing. Did you receive it today? Which location is this?
Have you received any invitation email yet? I have not and filled the webform

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Have you received any invitation email yet? I have not and filled the webform
No, not yet unfortunately. Keep me posted if you receive one and I will do the same.
Just a side note, there are other members who received ECAS date as Jan 12, 2019, which is even later than us and they have not seen anything either.