+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

Nikhil Rawat

Jan 4, 2018
I am a Jan 27 AOR. I had called up on the CIC helpline last week and the operator told me that the application has been approved. Its with the Visa office where it might take 2-4 weeks. There has been no change in the status of my application, background checks, etc on the application page. Was the response from the operator a standard one or does it mean that the application has been approved ?

Reactions: bigbaoulay

Emergentsky

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-01-2018
AOR Received.
14-01-2018
Wow. So guys , I don't get an email but get a message in my CIC account that resembles, according to some a PPR email. It looks like this:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.  Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;  Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;  Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;  You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence. STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)  Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS 1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. 2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf 3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope. 4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address. STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS  If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you."

Is this Truly a PPR ?
I got this via CIC account with an email in the morning from CIC stating that you have a new message in your account ?

winnie.31

Jun 19, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Wow. So guys , I don't get an email but get a message in my CIC account that resembles, according to some a PPR email. It looks like this:

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation. STEP 1: UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION If any of the following conditions apply, you must inform us immediately via email CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca.  Marriage or common-law union, divorce, annulment, legal separation;  Death of the sponsor, the principal applicant or any accompanying family member;  Birth or adoption of a child, including grandchildren born to dependent children;  You, the principal applicant, or any of your family members have been charged or convicted of a criminal offence. STEP 2: DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT(S)  Determine if you are holder of passport(s) from countries whose citizens need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada, by checking this website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS 1. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. 2. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member. See our specifications at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf 3. One pre-paid return envelope so that we can return your passport(s) and Confirmation of Permanent Residence documents. See Step 4 for instructions regarding the return envelope. 4. The completed and signed Annex A listing your current mailing address. STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS  If you do not have a mailing address in Canada or the U.S.A, or if you are unable to submit the required documentation for you or your accompanying family members to the addresses below, please send an email to us at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca so that we can send you instructions for submitting your documents to a visa office which is the most convenient for you."

Is this Truly a PPR ?
I got this via CIC account with an email in the morning from CIC stating that you have a new message in your account ?
Many Congratulations. Sometimes most awaited good news are hard to believe when they arrive. All the best.

Reactions: Emergentsky

Beekay86

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017

Is this Truly a PPR ?
Congratulations buddy. Where do you have send those docs?

aakhan1234

Feb 27, 2018

Is this Truly a PPR ?
Finally someone from Jan AOR is getting PPR

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017

Is this Truly a PPR ?
Congrats to you.

Emergentsky

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-01-2018
AOR Received.
14-01-2018
I am a Jan 27 AOR. I had called up on the CIC helpline last week and the operator told me that the application has been approved. Its with the Visa office where it might take 2-4 weeks. There has been no change in the status of my application, background checks, etc on the application page. Was the response from the operator a standard one or does it mean that the application has been approved ?
I do believe it is approved. The officer has no incentive in lying to you

Emergentsky

Star Member
Jul 19, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-01-2018
AOR Received.
14-01-2018
Congratulations buddy. Where do you have send those docs?
Thanks. I have mailed CPC Ottawa to send instructions to send the docs the nearest Visa office. Let's see, awaiting their response

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018

Is this Truly a PPR ?
Congrats.. :)

dimitri.kaushik

May 28, 2018

Is this Truly a PPR ?
Congrats and good luck on your new journey.. Really felt good seeing a Jan AOR receiving PPR.. Hope your last dash is quick and swift.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
naah, they generally don't say that it has been approved unless it actually has been.

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
hs anyone raised a CSE lately? did you receive a "ghost update" on your cic profile after creating a CSE within a few days? I raised a CSE in april and didnt gt a ghost update but last to last thursday i created a cSE and got a ghost update last monday. So not sure if ghost update was due to cse with a new system update process in play here.