+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
What does GHOST update mean?
Your online CIC portal shows "Updated" instead of "Submitted" but when you click on there is no actual update in your profile.
And as soon as you come back to main page, again "Updated" changes to "Submitted"
Most of the times applicants who received ghost update, received PPR email within 1-7 days.

Reactions: Hardit singh

Besto181

May 3, 2018
Hi, I am Pavani I received the offer letter from Toronto Park Hotel as an office assistant through consultancy after getting a visa I should pay them around 6lakh & another 3 lakh will be deducted from my salary for a year. they have collected original passport once I received LMI they will give back it seems. How to know its a really from hotel or fake.
I live in Canada and there is no hotel called Toronto park Hotel. If it exists, then it's pretty much some small hotel that no one knows about. The closest name that exists is Park Hyatt Hotel, but such a large corporation will not request money to employ you.

Note: Ethical corporations do not charge money for recruitment.

Last edited:

aliabbashusain

Star Member
Sep 28, 2016
Guys received Ghost update
Fingers crossed :)
Congratulations in advance Troy...by the way do we also receive an email with regards to the update?

Also, I have a question, I called CIC last night and they mentioned that the eligibility is with the officer and he is reviewing it and security remains....Don't know what's going on...AOR is 7th feb and ip2 since 27th feb

Reactions: Troy2245

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Congratulations in advance Troy...by the way do we also receive an email with regards to the update?

Also, I have a question, I called CIC last night and they mentioned that the eligibility is with the officer and he is reviewing it and security remains....Don't know what's going on...AOR is 7th feb and ip2 since 27th feb
No! You don't get any email update
It will be visible in your CIC online portal.
Just a good indication about the progress of your application

Yes I had called Last month and agent said the same thing to me. Hold on you will get it soon :)

Rahulmate

May 4, 2018
Hello guys
Aor 9 April 2018
Medical passed 17 April
Bg status changed to in progress from na1.we will message you when we start your background check on 17 April.
ADR- we don't need additional documents.

Could you please tell me where I am .
Since 17 April bg status didn't change means still in progress

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Hello guys
Aor 9 April 2018
Medical passed 17 April
Bg status changed to in progress from na1.we will message you when we start your background check on 17 April.

You are in IP1! Since it's been a month, you would soon change to IP2 and hopefully PPR soon :)

Troy2245

Aug 5, 2017
Thanks dear and one thing more what is the meaning of ghost update
It’s kind of glitch where you see updated status in your application online but there would be no real update once you click it.
Most of them received PPR within short time after such update

Rahulmate

May 4, 2018
It’s kind of glitch where you see updated status in your application online but there would be no real update once you click it.
Most of them received PPR within short time after such update
Hi bro and how would I know that at which visa office my application is? I am from India punjab near Chandigarh.
Do you know anyone who has submitted his file in April and got ppr?

Rahulmate

May 4, 2018
ITA: 10th Oct 2017
AOR: 13th Jan 2018
Additional Docs Requested: 5th Feb 2018
In IP1 stage from Feb 5th
Golden PPR Email: 25th April 2018

FSW-O
Ottawa-VO
Hello guys
Aor 9 April 2018
Medical passed 17 April

harsh76

Dec 16, 2012
Hi friends

I got PPR on 8th ,
AOR 13th Jan
MEP 28 Jan , additioanal - Travel Histroy
Ip2 - 27th Feb

My spouse passport is having validity left 5 & 1/2 months , PPR mail mentioned that passport validity must be at least 6 months ?
Should I renew it and send ? is acceptable to CIC as my application having current passport details
I mailed to NDVO yet waiting for response

Need your valuable information , how to go forward

best wishes for those got PPR and waiting for it ...

Harsh

Reactions: Troy2245