+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I do understand what you are saying.

Maybe my original post came across as impatient, but I am far from being impatient. The one and only correspondence I have had with CIC is to ask my Visa Office (the idea for which I got from the first page of this thread). I didn’t even ask my status or any other question in that email. I don’t intend to call/contact them again as I understand I have zero control over the process. I don’t even login to forum, Whatsapp chat or my account on CIC that often.

The only real question I had (which made me post yesterday) was my confusion between CIO and CPC, and if CPC acts as visa office. I was hoping for someone to clarify on this. I don’t expect anyone here to tell me how fast or slow my application will go.

I hope I have been able to clarify my intent now.

As per the CIC website:

"Since Express Entry is a new system and not enough applications have been received yet, processing times are not available but we have committed to process the majority of applications in six months or less."

That being said your application has only been in for six weeks. If you see don't see any movement at the six month mark then start enquiring. Some people had a wait for close to a year. I was anticipating a six month wait according to the website and I didn't start to get impatient after seeing people with PPR in two weeks. I am not blaming anyone as I know it is human to feel those emotions. Again exercise a little patience.

Aorjan18

Feb 14, 2018
^ please let people share their timelines and ask questions as most of them are going through one of the most exciting/tense periods. I see some people trying to glorify their opinions. Please keep it friendly where people can freely share and ask questions. I have seen a lot of good information posted in these questions. It saves a lot of people from going through hassle of immigration agents; why don't we appreciate it instead of criticizing people asking concerns about their process.
Keep it going. Thank you Andy for the thread.
Cheers

clguy

Apr 7, 2017
^ please let people share their timelines and ask questions as most of them are going through one of the most exciting/tense periods. I see some people trying to glorify their opinions. Please keep it friendly where people can freely share and ask questions. I have seen a lot of good information posted in these questions. It saves a lot of people from going through hassle of immigration agents; why don't we appreciate it instead of criticizing people asking concerns about their process.
Keep it going. Thank you Andy for the thread.
Cheers
It is one thing to share info, timelines or ask questions on this forum or thread but its a next thing to bombard CIC with questions after very recent AORs. I have seen where someone on this forum posted a response from CIC in which it said "keep communications with this office at a very minimum". While there are very legitimate reasons to contact CIC after a recent AOR but enquiring about for eg." what visa office" after a few weeks in is kinda pushing it. I predict a change in policy which will be enacted very soon that will determine and limit the circumstances under which we will be able to contact CIC about recent applications.

Reactions: RokasK

Aryaansohaali

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Cape town
Dear Andy
Can u please add me somehow I was removed from jan 2018 AOR group and you did send me an invitation but can’t join please unblock me regards Ali +27794089535

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Do we also get an email when moving to NA2 from IP1?
Just wanna stop wasting my time loging in.......

dt12

Star Member
Sep 6, 2017
Do we also get an email when moving to NA2 from IP1?
Just wanna stop wasting my time loging in.......
I'm stuck at IP1 since Feb 08. I have a feeling my status will never change until PPR :(. This is frustrating since it is not the norm so I might expect to have a long wait. When were your IP1?

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
I'm stuck at IP1 since Feb 08. I have a feeling my status will never change until PPR :(. This is frustrating since it is not the norm so I might expect to have a long wait. When were your IP1?
Since Feb 6 :(

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Im not at NA2 yet. Has been sitting at IP1 since Feb 6
iv read in places that it moves from NA1 to IP1 in lets say couple of days, but the IP1 to N2 is quite quick, happens in a couple of hours too, so if you do not check it regularly on that day, you would not be able to differentiate if you are actually NA1 or NA2. See the below blog, its from id 2017 so its pretty recent

https://immiknowhow.com/2017/07/16/bg-and-medical-status-and-its-meaning-post-aor/

Reactions: JinandMango

JinandMango

Star Member
Jan 18, 2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2018
Med's Done....
06-02-2018
Mine says “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I suppose this is the IP1? I've heard that from IP1 to NA2 is a short process and IP2 to PPR is the long process.

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Mine says “Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check."
I suppose this is the IP1? I've heard that from IP1 to NA2 is a short process and IP2 to PPR is the long process.
you are right, the status you have is for IP1 and yes IP1 to NA2 should be short, see the article i posted above, there it said couple of hours too it can be, but do not get dejected by this, one can remain at one status for long and then quickly move, and another candidate can move ahead 2-3 steps quickly, and then stay stuck later. Also, the status on your application is based on updated made by cic workers, it could also be someone just missed to update your status to NA2 but in reality your application might already be in the flow.

I know the feeling you have, my login credentials were with my immigration consultant and i only got it a couple of days back, it says NA for me, so i do not know if i am NA1 or NA2 :( Though i like to presume the most positive and think i am NA2 :) My consultant was not tracking the NA1/P1/NA2/IP2 movements, they only advise when there is an actual update to my profile, like ADR/PPR etc

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
also, are you CEC? I also read in a whatsapp group that for CEC it doesnt follow the same patterns as FSW - O

Reactions: JinandMango