+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Im in the same situation. I called cic yesterday and they said that the application is under process. Whats your visa office ?
I have no idea, will get clarity once I get GCMS notes in another 2 weeks or 3.. Any other way apart from GCMS to know about the visa office? They did not reply to my email. Call drops once the recorded application status completes.. not sure what to do :/

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
I have no idea, will get clarity once I get GCMS notes in another 2 weeks or 3.. Any other way apart from GCMS to know about the visa office? They did not reply to my email. Call drops once the recorded application status completes.. not sure what to do :/
Need not worry about. Many of us are in same situation as you. I am also 24 Jan AOR, waiting for PPR.

Even if you are able to connect with an agent, you may not get clear picture of the status. You can try calling them again.

Rest, keep calm, everything is going to be smooth.

Last edited:

wan11knu

Jan 27, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
I called CIC today. They said that they haven't sent me a PPR email yet. Hopefully I get something soon.
Whats your AOR? And are u FSWO from India? I am jan applicant and moved to IP2( so called) on 27th feb. post that no update. File is at ndvo. And says eligibility n security not started.

Reactions: manish12

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Need not worry about. Many of us are in same situation as you. I am also 24 Jan AOR, waiting for PPR.

Even if you are able to connect with an agent, you may not get clear picture of the status. You can try calling them again.

Rest, keep calm, everything is going to be smooth.
Are you FSW-O?

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
Just called cic and my status haven't changed for the last 3 weeks. Only thing in process is criminal check, all else is recommended for approval. I told her the 6 months waiting expires tomorrow and she said that's the average time a PR application takes, but it can take longer. :(
I'll wait 2 more weeks to apply for bridge work permit, hope to have some news by them! (AOR Jan 14)

manish12

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

I am freakin out now.. I cannot find my file on E-cas. I am FSW-O, AOR : 31 Jan, will be completing 6 months soon and really freaking out now. Could anyone please shed any light on why I can't see the file? Does it mean processing hasn't started yet??

Visa Office : New Delhi

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
Hi Guys,

I am freakin out now.. I cannot find my file on E-cas. I am FSW-O, AOR : 31 Jan, will be completing 6 months soon and really freaking out now. Could anyone please shed any light on why I can't see the file? Does it mean processing hasn't started yet??

You should see your status in gckey account. ECAS will also show same status, I assume.

Only GCMS notes can tell you exact status. Don't be panicked. E-cas didn't show my status once I tried. But my background check was in progress.

gitu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Med's Done....
09-06-2018
You need not worry about anything, as there may ne some sort of glitch in the system. Its just a matter of time for your application to get updated.
hi khuranahbc, thanks for ur insight. if u have any more information regarding the same please do share. I feel I m getting paranoid checking the sites all the time

Rayan12

Feb 27, 2018
Hi Guys,

Ummm ECAS isnt for paper based application?

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
It seems like many Jan applicants are still waiting.

My AOR was on 18th Jan and still waiting. Ordered 2 gcms notes. 1 was in March and got on time. 2nd applied in May and still waiting.

Decided to dropped waiting and applied 3rd time two days ago.

Called CIC 5 times till now. Raised CSE also. Everytime same response that your application is looking fine and all the information is in order. Just wait to get finalized.

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
It seems like many Jan applicants are still waiting.

My AOR was on 18th Jan and still waiting. Ordered 2 gcms notes. 1 was in March and got on time. 2nd applied in May and still waiting.

Decided to dropped waiting and applied 3rd time two days ago.

Called CIC 5 times till now. Raised CSE also. Everytime same response that your application is looking fine and all the information is in order. Just wait to get finalized.
It sounds like a standard answer - I get this every time too!

Reactions: jmodi

Marj.

Apr 27, 2018
hi khuranahbc, thanks for ur insight. if u have any more information regarding the same please do share. I feel I m getting paranoid checking the sites all the time
I think we all get paranoid about it after 4 months!

jmodi

Star Member
Feb 27, 2018
Just need an opinion.

I changed my job last month. I applied in January 2018.

Should i update CIC about my job change?

Does that make process any longer?

Its CEC application

khuranahbc

Nov 6, 2011
Sure. Its a common observation of eagerness after a certain time of AOR to keep checking account and web. We all are in same boat ⛵. So far medical is concerned, doctors tend to tell you upfront for a serious clinical issue. Now it depends on case analyst, by what time he/she is going to review the application.

All the best