+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2018 AOR Join here

RokasK

Jan 15, 2018
Hi Fellow applicants,

I’m an inland EE-SW under PNP applicant and submitted my application with a booking reference as a confirmation of my medical examination (to be done after two weeks). After receiving AOR, my profile indicates “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.”

Should I still go ahead with my current booking and complete the medical examination (upfront) or to wait until CIC send me the relevant form and asks me to do so?

Your advice in this regard is appreciated.
Please don't spam in random topics. Create one of your own and someone will answer.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Please don't spam in random topics. Create one of your own and someone will answer.
I could have appreciated that advice, if it is suitable for my question. I am a January AOR recipient and of course got a question regarding the medical. If you do not want to share any information, please skip; but there are lot of volunteer gentlemen and women who could share and kindly advise the others who desperately needs information.

Reactions: didouette

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Hi Fellow applicants,

I’m an inland EE-SW under PNP applicant and submitted my application with a booking reference as a confirmation of my medical examination (to be done after two weeks). After receiving AOR, my profile indicates “You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.”

Should I still go ahead with my current booking and complete the medical examination (upfront) or to wait until CIC send me the relevant form and asks me to do so?

Your advice in this regard is appreciated.
Medical exams are necessary for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=381&top=29

Your profile is showing that status because its just submitted and an IRCC officer has not opened your file yet. They will definitely ask for medical exams later, when someone starts reviewing your case(may be in the next 2-3 weeks). If you go for a medical exam now as per your booking, there is a possibility that by the time an officer reaches your file, your panel physician would have already uploaded the exam results for IRCC's review, which in turn will avoid further delays.

You should go ahead with the medical exams as per your booking.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
Medical exams are necessary for PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=381&top=29

Your profile is showing that status because its just submitted and an IRCC officer has not opened your file yet. They will definitely ask for medical exams later, when someone starts reviewing your case(may be in the next 2-3 weeks). If you go for a medical exam now as per your booking, there is a possibility that by the time an officer reaches your file, your panel physician would have already uploaded the exam results for IRCC's review, which in turn will avoid further delays.

You should go ahead with the medical exams as per your booking.
Thanks @DeBaPh. That was a comprehensive answer to my doubt. I will go ahead with my current booking.

RokasK

Jan 15, 2018
I could have appreciated that advice, if it is suitable for my question. I am a January AOR recipient and of course got a question regarding the medical. If you do not want to share any information, please skip; but there are lot of volunteer gentlemen and women who could share and kindly advise the others who desperately needs information.
I've been reading "Reasons for rejection" topic for 3 days already and It annoys me how random questions like yours have bloated a 50 page topic to 500 pages. There is so much good information covered with people asking the same questions over and over and over... Just trying to express my opinion here before this topic starts going sideways.
Of course, if the majority will want to continue asking and answering searchable questions, then so be it. This is just my opinion, my rant.

Reactions: didouette

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Thanks @DeBaPh. That was a comprehensive answer to my doubt. I will go ahead with my current booking.
You are welcome.

I would also recommend to submit a CSE with acknowledgement receipt for medical exam( which should have the IME no.) to IRCC as soon as you are done with the medicals. This is to let them know that you have gone through the exams as per the booking.

Reactions: uma1982suthan

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
I've been reading "Reasons for rejection" topic for 3 days already and It annoys me how random questions like yours have bloated a 50 page topic to 500 pages. There is so much good information covered with people asking the same questions over and over and over... Just trying to express my opinion here before this topic starts going sideways.
Of course, if the majority will want to continue asking and answering searchable questions, then so be it. This is just my opinion, my rant.
Its OK @RokasK ;), I can understand your frustration as I've been doing the same since I started preparing for my own PR.

But even though answers are available online, cross checking with others gives us applicants little assurance that we are going in the right direction.

Hope to hear some good news about the golden email from fellow forum members soon.

Good luck people. :)

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
You are welcome.

I would also recommend to submit a CSE with acknowledgement receipt for medical exam( which should have the IME no.) to IRCC as soon as you are done with the medicals. This is to let them know that you have gone through the exams as per the booking.
You are right @DeBaPh. I will submit a CSE with the receipt of medical examination. Thanks for the valuable information and prompt response! <3

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
I clearly understand your point. But, you also should realize the reason why I posted this question in this thread that consists people who have gone through the procedure as I am undergoing at a similar time phase. A more appropriate updated answer could come from this bunch of people, and that is why @andy has created the thread!
Anyway, good luck everyone with your downstream works! Keep your progress posted! Thanks.

RokasK

Jan 15, 2018
I clearly understand your point. But, you also should realize the reason why I posted this question in this thread that consists people who have gone through the procedure as I am undergoing at a similar time phase. A more appropriate updated answer could come from this bunch of people, and that is why @andy has created the thread!
Anyway, good luck everyone with your downstream works! Keep your progress posted! Thanks.
I kinda thought you were random spamming because you mentioned that you are part of a PNP. They have longer processing times than FSW PR applicants, so I did not expect you to be part of this thread.

uma1982suthan

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-11-2017
I kinda thought you were random spamming because you mentioned that you are part of a PNP. They have longer processing times than PR applicants, so I did not expect you to be part of this thread.
No worries dude. I understood. Anyway, we all are here to fight together and win!
Good luck! Cheers!

Jamming

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hey guys any update for anyone with January 2018 AOR? Like medical passed or background check in progress...
Medical got updated as passed today -19/02/2018

ITA - Dec 20th
AOR- Jan 6
ADR - Travel History form - Jan 17th
BGS- updated from NA to IP - Jan 17th
Submitted ADR travel Histiry form on Jan 18
Medical Passed - Jan 19

Sameer1234

Jan 9, 2018
Medical got updated as passed today -19/02/2018

ITA - Dec 20th
AOR- Jan 6
ADR - Travel History form - Jan 17th
BGS- updated from NA to IP - Jan 17th
Submitted ADR travel Histiry form on Jan 18
Medical Passed - Jan 19
What is ADR, BGS and travel history form?
AOR 8th Jan.
thanks

DeBaPh

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
What is ADR, BGS and travel history form?
AOR 8th Jan.
thanks
ADR - Additional document request

BGS( this should be, 'BGC') - Background check

In this particular scenario, it seems IRCC requested for additional information on travel history with form IMM 5562E.

IRCC asks for additional information while processing PR applications, if they are confused or doubtful about something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Good luck with your PR application.

Reactions: Sameer1234