+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Sorry same as the blank next to additional information it was filled out last week saying no documents were needed and no it is blank. I got my pre arrival letter may 2017 I have tried contacting them and they have no updates for me and claim in is in process

How long has that been blank? That pre-arrival letter must be brutal, that makes me feel like I have a long wait ahead :(.

Did you try getting your GCMS notes?

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
We got PPR today which apparently is good news.

My common law is currently in South Korea and I am in Toronto.

Would it be logical for my common law to send me the documents in Toronto and I mail them to Ottawa? It says you can get instructions if you don't have a mailing address in Canada or US but I can't seem to find an answer for what people usually do. Is this logical that my common law sends me her photocopy of passport, her 2 photos, the annex page, and I mail them from Toronto to Ottawa?

The other option seems to be emailing CIC and asking where to send.

Any guidance would be helpful.

Ayuse

Apr 30, 2018
Hi guys,

Am not sure if anyone has been through this but I can say its been very overwhelming.

I was sponsored by my ex and recvd my PR on dec 20th 2011. There was some complications, we were married and has a son together. It was an inland application so it took a long time. While waiting my ex and I split up and she moved out. On the day I was suppose to land, she came in and tried to withdraw her application and later changed her mind and I was given my PR. We tried to make it work but we couldn't salvage our marriage and fast forward we eventually got divorced. We separated in Jan 2013 and divorced in Feb 2014. While we were separated I met someone and when the divorce was finalized, we got married. We got married in May 2014.

After we got married and I wanted to sponsor her to come to Canada then we found out about the 5-year sponsorship bar, meaning we had to wait till Dec 20th 2016 before I can be eligible to sponsor her. We waited, though it wasn't easy, 3 years waiting and living separately. During that time we look at other alternative methods of her coming to Canada. We looked at EE and submitted applications to be in the pool about 7 times but her score was never enough to get an invitation to apply. Jan 2017came and I submitted my whole application using the forms as they were still good cause we had already started everything on the forms b4 they changed to the online system. We did both medicals and police clearance upfront hoping to make processing faster. # weeks after I submitted application, got the letter saying I passed the sponsoring requirements and my file was sent to Accra for further processing. I initially wanted to hear from then before paying the RPRF but decided to pay it around April 2017. I paid and sent it to them and got a confirmation it was recvd. that was the last correspondence recvd from CIC.

We waited till about Oct 2017 and we requested for our GCMS notes to get a sense of the update on our file. Notes came back and showed no update on file since it was sent to Accra and the only update was receipt of the payment I made in April. So we emailed them looking for an update and no response. I contacted my MP to see if they can get better responses or speed up the application but they kept telling the MP that the application was following normal processing times and nothing was required from us. The normal processing times for Accra is 12 months. Jan 2018 came, 12 months passed and no update. I lost my mum and had to travel in home and was with my wife at that time. B4 I went I ordered the GCMS notes and recvd it with the notes showing on Nov 2017. The notes were pointing to my first marriage and then the second notes pointed to my current marriage and that my wife had 7 EE applications between Feb 2015 and Jul 2015. And it ended with interview required.

Till date CIC has not contacted us regarding an interview. We recently got back the GCMS notes I requested for again in April 2018 and it shows no update since the Jan 2018 GCMS notes. And every time I sent enquiry request in the IRCC web form, I get the application is within processing time reply.

Is anyone in the same shoes as me or does anyone have an advice for me. We have tried emailing even the immigration minister but not of them have produced results.

Reactions: Noorananzh

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hi all. Not sure if anyone else is left here from January 2017. We just got notice that we are being called in for an interview in June. I am going to travel and attend the interview with my husband. Can anyone share their experience during the interviews. I am so nervous for this
Thank you

Noorananzh

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Hi guys,

Am not sure if anyone has been through this but I can say its been very overwhelming.

I was sponsored by my ex and recvd my PR on dec 20th 2011. There was some complications, we were married and has a son together. It was an inland application so it took a long time. While waiting my ex and I split up and she moved out. On the day I was suppose to land, she came in and tried to withdraw her application and later changed her mind and I was given my PR. We tried to make it work but we couldn't salvage our marriage and fast forward we eventually got divorced. We separated in Jan 2013 and divorced in Feb 2014. While we were separated I met someone and when the divorce was finalized, we got married. We got married in May 2014.

After we got married and I wanted to sponsor her to come to Canada then we found out about the 5-year sponsorship bar, meaning we had to wait till Dec 20th 2016 before I can be eligible to sponsor her. We waited, though it wasn't easy, 3 years waiting and living separately. During that time we look at other alternative methods of her coming to Canada. We looked at EE and submitted applications to be in the pool about 7 times but her score was never enough to get an invitation to apply. Jan 2017came and I submitted my whole application using the forms as they were still good cause we had already started everything on the forms b4 they changed to the online system. We did both medicals and police clearance upfront hoping to make processing faster. # weeks after I submitted application, got the letter saying I passed the sponsoring requirements and my file was sent to Accra for further processing. I initially wanted to hear from then before paying the RPRF but decided to pay it around April 2017. I paid and sent it to them and got a confirmation it was recvd. that was the last correspondence recvd from CIC.

We waited till about Oct 2017 and we requested for our GCMS notes to get a sense of the update on our file. Notes came back and showed no update on file since it was sent to Accra and the only update was receipt of the payment I made in April. So we emailed them looking for an update and no response. I contacted my MP to see if they can get better responses or speed up the application but they kept telling the MP that the application was following normal processing times and nothing was required from us. The normal processing times for Accra is 12 months. Jan 2018 came, 12 months passed and no update. I lost my mum and had to travel in home and was with my wife at that time. B4 I went I ordered the GCMS notes and recvd it with the notes showing on Nov 2017. The notes were pointing to my first marriage and then the second notes pointed to my current marriage and that my wife had 7 EE applications between Feb 2015 and Jul 2015. And it ended with interview required.

Till date CIC has not contacted us regarding an interview. We recently got back the GCMS notes I requested for again in April 2018 and it shows no update since the Jan 2018 GCMS notes. And every time I sent enquiry request in the IRCC web form, I get the application is within processing time reply.

Is anyone in the same shoes as me or does anyone have an advice for me. We have tried emailing even the immigration minister but not of them have produced results.
I almost have same story like you i applied May 2017 and I am still waiting.
Did you get any answer yet

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Hey all,
So i called this morning and just asked to see where out application was at. He said it was still in mississauga and I asked if there would be a reason why it's still there since we haven't heard anything for three months. He said the eligibility is being processed and then it would go to Ottawa.
.. so it seems like Mississauga is doing some of the back end work because of the backlog.
After moving to your vo, did u get your ppr soon or the same old time.... Since some of the bgc was already done by mississauga

Sindhu1601

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Yes, I received a letter from CIC confirming eligibility, and that the application would be held until his background form was submitted, which was submitted just days later. We then received a letter indicating that his application was being forwarded to Paris.

I have logged on to the site using this following path, Home/My Application/Client Application Status, and below is an extract from the site.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 13, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on April 14, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on May 2, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received
If I login using his credentials, I see this under status.

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents - The additional documents you provided are being reviewed.
Interview - You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check - We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision - Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Same message.. What happened... When did u get your ppr

SKgirl1991

Jan 27, 2017
Hello everyone.. I am a December/January applicant. We ended up getting refused in May 2016, and very happily won our appeal September 25th! Does anyone know what happens after you win the appeal? And does anyone know how long it may take?