+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2017 - OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANTS

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
We've had similar issues. January 30, 2017 application. No movement since March. Every time we call (or our MP calls) they say everything is in order and being processed. The call center agents have never offered to send a message to Mississauga to see what is happening with our file. How did you get them to do that?
I think I got lucky because they’ve never offered to send a message before. When I had called two weeks previously, and shared my concerns about no entries on their system, CIC said they couldn’t send a message when I asked because it wasn’t over 12 months. This time around, the CIC agent said she would, and I didn’t ask. I think it depends which CIC agent you get. Some are very helpful; others not so much. It would only make sense, in my opinion, to send a message especially when there’s a month left before the 12 month timeline. I don’t think it would hurt to ask. Good luck!

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
I got my PPR with 6 months no update on my file
Congrats! I wouldn’t be so worried if it was as quick as yours, but with less than a month left now, it’s concerning. I’m hopeful that CIC will meet their deadline, but as time passes, I’m trying to be realistic. So you had absolutely NO UPDATES, and you received it? Did CIC have anything on their system when you called?

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Hi,
I am almost 100% sure yours will be one of the applications completed within the 12 month frame!! Get your passport ready, they will ask for it for sure soon enough after 2018 rings!!
Oh , i really hope so ! Thank you ! Happy new year !

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
I think I got lucky because they’ve never offered to send a message before. When I had called two weeks previously, and shared my concerns about no entries on their system, CIC said they couldn’t send a message when I asked because it wasn’t over 12 months. This time around, the CIC agent said she would, and I didn’t ask. I think it depends which CIC agent you get. Some are very helpful; others not so much. It would only make sense, in my opinion, to send a message especially when there’s a month left before the 12 month timeline. I don’t think it would hurt to ask. Good luck!
Yeah, you would think that they would see that they have been "reviewing the results of your medical exam" for 11 months and say something's not right here... The last agent we got also told us "12 months is just an average", which isn't true factually or policy-wise. We're ordering my notes again and once we get those back we will be at the 12-month mark and try again, perhaps more aggressively.

Reactions: Theateam

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, you would think that they would see that they have been "reviewing the results of your medical exam" for 11 months and say something's not right here... The last agent we got also told us "12 months is just an average", which isn't true factually or policy-wise. We're ordering my notes again and once we get those back we will be at the 12-month mark and try again, perhaps more aggressively.
Yes, we were told the same about the 12 month timeline just being an average by one agent. We called again yesterday, and still nothing. We are filling out consent forms for our MP to send on January 31st since it will be overdue then. I’m still hopeful that we are gonna get a letter in the mail confirming his PR. I think since my husband is from the USA, visa exempt, we won’t get the request for the passport. Is that correct? We should just get the papers in the mail, right? I hope you get good news soon. I think what bothers me most is that the process is going to take over a year, and not within the time frame CIC indicated. Our lives are on hold literally, and my husband may have to return to the USA if we don’t get his PR during the time it was suppose to be completed.

Reichel

Nov 16, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
10-03-2017
Hey ! I as well have applied to sponsor my Husband from Philippines to come live with me in Canada. Our application was received on January 11, 2017. On the 28th of December 2017, the application went to "in progress" to "Decision Made". Still waiting for a reply, hope everything will go well, as well for you all. Good luck !
You should already received an email with an attachement stating the instructions on how to send a copy of passport or the passport itself along with the prepaid envelope.

Reactions: Jill Peda

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
You should already received an email with an attachement stating the instructions on how to send a copy of passport or the passport itself along with the prepaid envelope.
This confuses me because we got the change to "decision made" in March, paid the final fees in May, and still have no passport request

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Yes, we were told the same about the 12 month timeline just being an average by one agent. We called again yesterday, and still nothing. We are filling out consent forms for our MP to send on January 31st since it will be overdue then. I’m still hopeful that we are gonna get a letter in the mail confirming his PR. I think since my husband is from the USA, visa exempt, we won’t get the request for the passport. Is that correct? We should just get the papers in the mail, right? I hope you get good news soon. I think what bothers me most is that the process is going to take over a year, and not within the time frame CIC indicated. Our lives are on hold literally, and my husband may have to return to the USA if we don’t get his PR during the time it was suppose to be completed.
Our 12 month mark will happen on January 25. We ordered GCMS notes on December 7 as we were told by our MP through their enquiry on our status at the end of of November that we were in queue for an interview. Our previous 3 sets of notes (last one from Oct 4) did not indicate anything about them being concerned about our relationship ... only said "Review required" under eligibility. We still have not received an interview date and want to see if there is anything in the notes that indicate the reasons for why they want an interview. In about 2 weeks time, I plan to email the VO myself since we will hit 12 months and we are left in limbo about this interview. Our life has also been on hold. My partner ends his job on January 18 and wants to come in March. I sure hope this whole thing will be done by then or at least they will have decision made. I don't know how long they are going to make us wait for an interview as people from June 2017 are getting decision made at our VO now ... so frustrating.

We have gone to the MP twice to ask them to contact IRCC about our status. All they do is send an email to IRCC and some agent sends them an email back according to what they see when they enter our file number into the computer. They don't actually contact the VO personally. Are they actually going to do anything more substantial than this once you hit the 12 month mark in processing?

Reactions: Theateam

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
Are they actually going to do anything more substantial than this once you hit the 12 month mark in processing?
We had the same question... I haven't been able to find out what MPs are able to actually do after 12 months that they can't do before.

Finally my PPR email came this morning!!! Completely out of the blue - my medical still hadn't passed as of Friday according to myCIC. Incredibly frustrating that they can't bother to keep things up to date. It causes so much unnecessary stress, and I'm sure more strain on the system since we're all emailling, calling, and contacting our MPs.

(Recap - US Outland applied Jan 30, 2017, SA March 3, 2017, medicals never "passed", PPR Jan. 9, 2018.)

SheilaCanadian

Jan 8, 2018
We had the same question... I haven't been able to find out what MPs are able to actually do after 12 months that they can't do before.

Finally my PPR email came this morning!!! Completely out of the blue - my medical still hadn't passed as of Friday according to myCIC. Incredibly frustrating that they can't bother to keep things up to date. It causes so much unnecessary stress, and I'm sure more strain on the system since we're all emailling, calling, and contacting our MPs.

(Recap - US Outland applied Jan 30, 2017, SA March 3, 2017, medicals never "passed", PPR Jan. 9, 2018.)
By MP you mean Member of Parliament, right? How are they able to do anything?

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
By MP you mean Member of Parliament, right? How are they able to do anything?
My understanding is that federal government offices are required to answer an MP's questions. Some MP offices seem to be more capable of asking meaningful questions than others, some just seem to take the whatever the CIC call center agent says at face value. A few people have reported that their application saw movement soon after an MP got involved - I don't know if that's just coincidental or not since those applications would generally be overdue at that time and thus hopefully a processing priority anyway.