Doc's Request.
Feb 17,2017
AOR Received.
Feb 17,2017
File Transfer...
March 1,2017
Med's Done....
Sep 2017
Hi! i just did my medical exam again. first medical was expired last Oct 18. Got a request to re-do my medical on Nov 9. Any idea how long until PPR? thanks!

Fatimah7866

Nov 13, 2017
Hi
I have sent out my application in January 2017 for spousal sponsorship. My husband is in Afghanistan. Our file is now in New Delhi but the problem is we have been on background check since March 2017 and have not gotten any updates. Does anyone know why it' been so long and what we should do?. I have done everything in the book. From MP to lawyer to getting an inquiry to contacted them. I am clueless

Fatimah7866

Nov 13, 2017
We also essentially have had no updates on our file in our GCKey account since the beginning of March, that was when eligibility went into progress (background check has been in progress since Feb 22). I pretty much gave up looking at the GCKey account ... a waste of time setting that up! At the almost 10 month mark, I am getting tired of seeing people from March and April now getting their passport requests. I know that if we hear nothing by December 15 (right before the holidays), we will have to wait until January or the 12 month mark before we hear anything. We are January 25th applicants.
I am on the same boat as you. I am going insane and getting frstrated due to all of this. I have friends and relatives who applied after me and now all have received there PR. I was told to get a lawyer to make it easier and official to help with the process and that was a waste. I have done everything in the book and nothing is happening.

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
I am on the same boat as you. I am going insane and getting frstrated due to all of this. I have friends and relatives who applied after me and now all have received there PR. I was told to get a lawyer to make it easier and official to help with the process and that was a waste. I have done everything in the book and nothing is happening.
I would like to say to keep the faith etc. but I am not in a very positive mood about this these days. At this point, I just am choosing not to think about this. I know there are still a few of us from Jan at my Visa Office who have not received a DM. However, I am thinking I'm going to be the last one who is going to be left there. We have had absolutely no luck, mostly with inactivity with whoever is processing our app.

Anyways, I am getting to the point that I don't care anymore. I am going to see my partner next week for 2 weeks and then soon in January, he is going to come as a visitor under dual intent if we still haven't gotten our PPR. So I am not going to think about this anymore ... we are going to be together soon and that is all I care about at this point.

Fatimah7866

Nov 13, 2017
I would like to say to keep the faith etc. but I am not in a very positive mood about this these days. At this point, I just am choosing not to think about this. I know there are still a few of us from Jan at my Visa Office who have not received a DM. However, I am thinking I'm going to be the last one who is going to be left there. We have had absolutely no luck, mostly with inactivity with whoever is processing our app.

Anyways, I am getting to the point that I don't care anymore. I am going to see my partner next week for 2 weeks and then soon in January, he is going to come as a visitor under dual intent if we still haven't gotten our PPR. So I am not going to think about this anymore ... we are going to be together soon and that is all I care about at this point.

That is what's giving me hope, we will soon be together. I did go visit my husband back in July for 1 month but I'm a university student and can' afford to travel back and forth. What's a dual intent ?

kintaro.oe

May 19, 2016
In BC since last Sunday, as a visitor since I haven't received my PR yet. Wish they could finalize the application soon so I can start working... Moving to Victoria, BC, this weekend where I have a job as Senior Mechanical Engineer lined up.
Last communications from CIC was Feb 20th. Confirmed today with the call centre that all documents requested have been received and there is nothing I need to do at the moment. Application never left Mississauga and is supposed to be processed there from what I've been told, doesn't really seem like they have been doing anything with it for 7 months though...
I don't think it's legal to "line up" a job as you aren't a permanent resident. Your future employer should be punished for not hiring someone who is legally qualified to work in Canada instead of waiting for you. Furthermore you shouldn't be applying for jobs either as you have no legal right to work in Canada. I am quite sure this is all illegal behavior.

In further news:

January 17th application from Morocco has been granted PR. My wife did interview, luckily I didn't have to do phone interview.

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
I don't think it's legal to "line up" a job as you aren't a permanent resident. Your future employer should be punished for not hiring someone who is legally qualified to work in Canada instead of waiting for you. Furthermore you shouldn't be applying for jobs either as you have no legal right to work in Canada. I am quite sure this is all illegal behavior.

In further news:

January 17th application from Morocco has been granted PR. My wife did interview, luckily I didn't have to do phone interview.
No problem at all in lining up a job. However, in any way actually starting to work before legally being allowed to would be a big no no.

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016

HELLO Majesty,

have you received any updates? seems that some january applicants are getting PPR

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
HELLO Majesty,

have you received any updates? seems that some january applicants are getting PPR
I have no news unfortunately. I am not really wanting to think about this right now. Just enjoying being with my partner because I only have two weeks with him and don't want to waste my energy worrying about this.

I didn't want to check the forum because it will also depress me to see more people getting PPR while we are still waiting.

Any news on your end?

Aloaleja

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 10,2017
AOR Received.
January 20, 2017
File Transfer...
January 26, 2017
Med's Request
up-front
Med's Done....
October 18, 2016
I have no news unfortunately. I am not really wanting to think about this right now. Just enjoying being with my partner because I only have two weeks with him and don't want to waste my energy worrying about this.

I didn't want to check the forum because it will also depress me to see more people getting PPR while we are still waiting.

Any news on your end?
I am sorry you have not heard anything. Good thing is that you are with your partner and that you'll spend good time together, today was a rather eventful day, I finally got my child's birth certificate and also the second set of notes. It seems that they have been working on our file. They started eligibility but also says "review required':confused: and criminality is still in process, security not started and the notes are the same they just added some info about my husband's RCMP. Lawyer says everything looks good on notes and we should continue waiting for the next step which will be the ARC. Due date for criminality, security and eligibility are still same. With the info on the notes i can say that we won't be hearing anything from VO until next year, and our chances to go to an interview have increased. I don't have much interest in spending more energy into this because now that I have my daughter's Birth certificate i can apply for her passport and plan to travel to visit my husband who also wants us to stay in Mexico at least until the end of February, so we are now focusing on that.

our Medicals expired on October and as suspected they did not extended them so we will have to re do them...

I hope you enjoy your time with your partner and I also hope that you get news soon.

best of luck for all of us so we can be reunited with our loved ones!

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
K
I am sorry you have not heard anything. Good thing is that you are with your partner and that you'll spend good time together, today was a rather eventful day, I finally got my child's birth certificate and also the second set of notes. It seems that they have been working on our file. They started eligibility but also says "review required':confused: and criminality is still in process, security not started and the notes are the same they just added some info about my husband's RCMP. Lawyer says everything looks good on notes and we should continue waiting for the next step which will be the ARC. Due date for criminality, security and eligibility are still same. With the info on the notes i can say that we won't be hearing anything from VO until next year, and our chances to go to an interview have increased. I don't have much interest in spending more energy into this because now that I have my daughter's Birth certificate i can apply for her passport and plan to travel to visit my husband who also wants us to stay in Mexico at least until the end of February, so we are now focusing on that.

our Medicals expired on October and as suspected they did not extended them so we will have to re do them...

I hope you enjoy your time with your partner and I also hope that you get news soon.

best of luck for all of us so we can be reunited with our loved ones!
Hello,

Happy to
Hear you got your Birth cert for your daughter.
As there is nothing you can do to hurry the VO
With your PR application.
At least you know you can see your husband soon!

I am not wasting my energy worrying about this anymore. I
am happy I am
Spending time With partner now and the stress is going away. I have no desire to check here anymore because people who applied after me are all getting PPR and it depresses me too much. I really think
It was because they screwed up with our RCMP report that has caused delays. Although It makes me mad, there is nothing I can do about it. Our last assignment due date passed on Nov 20 which was when our 120
Days was up With our RCMP police certificate due date, so they should have looked at that at least . Partner's pcc from Chile expired on Nov 13 and no resquest for a new one which probably means they are not looking at our file and we will Not get processed until next year with holidays coming up.

I would just have stayed here with my partner if I could, but I don't want to leave my son in Canada as I have joint custody with my ex, so my hands are tied.

It would have been so much easier to stay here ...

I hope you hear some good news soon, at least you know things are on track!

Soon you will be with your husband, so look forward to that!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Aloaleja
Nov 1, 2016
Thailand
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
10-01-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 - 24-01-2017, AOR2 20-02-2017
File Transfer...
01-02-2017
Med's Request
24-07-2017, further tests requested 13-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
22-12-2017
So, the wait is finally over for us! My Thai husband (VO Singapore) had his 3-month follow up chest xray on Nov 8th. It passed on ECAS/MyCIC on Nov 10th. His application had decision made on ECAS on November 20th. His passport was requested on November 22nd at 8pm (but we didn't get it until November 23rd at 8am when our Canadian lawyer sent it to us despite begging her to send immediately!). His passport was dropped off in the CVAC Bangkok office on November 23rd. It was received in Singapore on November 27th and the visa was put in his passport the very same day. (I think they processed the visa quickly since we included already purchased plane tickets to move to Canada on December 22nd so it was tight timing.) We got a call on December 1st that his passport had arrived in Bangkok at 4pm, telling us that is would be ready for pick up on Monday December 4th. So, we had a friend pick up the passport for us yesterday in Bangkok on December 4th! We are flying to Canada on December 22nd! Crazy time packing and selling everything to prepare for our imminent move!

Reactions: Ang.jul

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hey guys

My husband is in the Dominican. We submitted everything January 2017. We have had no updates since June. I recently got injured at work and am awaiting surgery. I have called an they won't give any updates but said they have everything they need. Only thing left is the police check which we sent upfront. Is there still a lot of families waiting for PR? I feel like everyone has gotten theirs before us. I have another friend who got married 4 months ago applied after wedding and her husband has already landed. I wish I could understand this process.