App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
My understanding is that federal government offices are required to answer an MP's questions. Some MP offices seem to be more capable of asking meaningful questions than others, some just seem to take the whatever the CIC call center agent says at face value. A few people have reported that their application saw movement soon after an MP got involved - I don't know if that's just coincidental or not since those applications would generally be overdue at that time and thus hopefully a processing priority anyway.
I can't see my MP's office as being one of those who would do much more than just email IRCC. Would it be of more use to try to call IRCC call centre myself? That too it seems is hit or miss in getting through to an agent who will maybe go out of their way to maybe flag your file. My main problem now is trying to just get an interview date as we were flagged for an interview but they won't give us a date. The last batch that got interviewed were in October/early November. I know one other person in January who got interview date for end of the month but they needed ARC and we don't even need this. Seems like the next batch of interviews is end of Jan (every 3 months the VO will interview people). Of course we can't find out why they want to interview us because the GCMS notes are not arriving on time and we ordered ours beginning of December, so still don't know the status of why they want an interview. Some tell us that maybe if they don't have resources to interview you, a few months later they just sent PPR ... so hard being in limbo.

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Guess who go their DM and PPR! We are thrilled! Sending off everything they requested today so there’s no delays. Hopefully CIC will meet the January 30th deadline! Sooooooo happy!

Reactions: faithey and majesty

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Guess who go their DM and PPR! We are thrilled! Sending off everything they requested today so there’s no delays. Hopefully CIC will meet the January 30th deadline! Sooooooo happy!
Congratulations to you!! Nice to hear that some Visa Offices are trying to honour the 12 month processing time.

Reactions: Theateam

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Our one year is up today still have not had any correspondence since June this is getting to be a very long process without hearing anything are others still waiting past the one year Mark?

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
Our one year is up today still have not had any correspondence since June this is getting to be a very long process without hearing anything are others still waiting past the one year Mark?
Yup, I'm still not done. Had complete silence from IRCC between February 2017 to January 2018. Looks like they're finally actually working on my file, but who knows how long it'll take until they're actually done...

FrostiRose

Star Member
Jan 20, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
Doc's Request.
20-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Request
16-02-2017
Med's Done....
28-02-2017
Passport Req..
01-02-2018
My application date is Jan 16 2017 by the way

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
My application date is Jan 16 2017 by the way
Well I am glad I am not alone but so sorry you are still going through this process still also it's so hard to just keep life on hold while they take their time to process everything and have no communication with us. I hope you recieve your ppr soon

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Well I am glad I am not alone but so sorry you are still going through this process still also it's so hard to just keep life on hold while they take their time to process everything and have no communication with us. I hope you recieve your ppr soon
Sorry to see there are still people on this thread. I try to stay away because I feel like I am going to be the last one from January 2017. Some days I think it might take another year. We are stuck in the interview queue for 2.5 months now. It doesn't sound long, but I am kind of upset they only put us in that queue after 10 months of processing. They did a pre-assessment of our relationship back in May 2017 and nothing was mentioned about concerns they had about our relationship, even though we knew we had some big red flags such as a significant age difference, we have been together for 5 years and did not apply for family sponsorship until 4 years into the relationship and maybe we are not married, having been together this long, but honestly, who knows what they are concerned about, maybe they don't like our pictures or they don't think our proof of relationship evidence is strong enough. Our GCMS notes don't say why and everyone was telling me to order them to find out why ... not in our case.

Anyways, hope all who are still stuck here without a DM yet won't be here much longer. I hear you about putting your life on hold. I can't even definitely plan to have my partner come for a visit because I don't know when he will be called for this interview, but if we don't hear anything in the next 3 weeks, he is going to come anyways ... I don't want to lose anymore time without him ... life is too short.

Reactions: Hvank

ardonn1

Aug 15, 2015
Hello,

My partner and me are just looking for some random internet stranger to tell us everything is going to be ok.

Application was recevied: Jan 11th, 2017.
Was delayed due to them needing Use of Representative document (lawyer told us we didnt need to submit 2 of these....)
Sponsor Eligibility met: May 17th, 2017
Submitted additional proof of co-habitation: June 1st, 2017
Medical results#2 submitted and approved: Feb 15th.
Received Pre-arrival letter(I think at least? letter just says we are eligible for pre-arrival services): February 1st, 2018

Our only change since then is "review of additional documents" is now blank on the CIC portal.

I am just curious if everything seems normal :O.

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hello,

My partner and me are just looking for some random internet stranger to tell us everything is going to be ok.

Application was recevied: Jan 11th, 2017.
Was delayed due to them needing Use of Representative document (lawyer told us we didnt need to submit 2 of these....)
Sponsor Eligibility met: May 17th, 2017
Submitted additional proof of co-habitation: June 1st, 2017
Medical results#2 submitted and approved: Feb 15th.
Received Pre-arrival letter(I think at least? letter just says we are eligible for pre-arrival services): February 1st, 2018

Our only change since then is "review of additional documents" is now blank on the CIC portal.

I am just curious if everything seems normal :O.
Hi same happened on my account but I have had no communications since June 2017 hope we both get some good news soon

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Same as in you had contact for additional proof?
Sorry same as the blank next to additional information it was filled out last week saying no documents were needed and no it is blank. I got my pre arrival letter may 2017 I have tried contacting them and they have no updates for me and claim in is in process