25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hey guys

My husband is in the Dominican. We submitted everything January 2017. We have had no updates since June. I recently got injured at work and am awaiting surgery. I have called an they won't give any updates but said they have everything they need. Only thing left is the police check which we sent upfront. Is there still a lot of families waiting for PR? I feel like everyone has gotten theirs before us. I have another friend who got married 4 months ago applied after wedding and her husband has already landed. I wish I could understand this process.
Hi,

I am also a January applicant. If you look at the Mexico thread, many people from Dec 2016, Jan and Feb are (including many Dominican applicants) are getting their PPR's now. I think the VO in Mexico is trying to get most apps done from this time before the end of the year. Hopefully you will get some news soon.

My spouse is from Chile and we have not gotten PPR because we are in queue for an interview, so nothing will happen for us probably until the new year.

Good luck .... you should hear something soon!

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hi,

I am also a January applicant. If you look at the Mexico thread, many people from Dec 2016, Jan and Feb are (including many Dominican applicants) are getting their PPR's now. I think the VO in Mexico is trying to get most apps done from this time before the end of the year. Hopefully you will get some news soon.

My spouse is from Chile and we have not gotten PPR because we are in queue for an interview, so nothing will happen for us probably until the new year.

Good luck .... you should hear something soon!
Thanks so much for responding. I have been watching that thread also. It's so hard to be seperated for so long. I pray every day we will be next. I understand there is a process I just wish they would give more updates. I wish you and your family the best and hope that your together soon.

Reactions: majesty

Bshar

Oct 14, 2017
Hi am sponsoring my husband. Our application was received on January 6th. Just linked my application online with the help of post shared my oneseeve sorry if am wrong about name spelling. I am worried because in the review of documents section its blank. Of course I did not receive AOR 1 yet.

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Hi all I just received an email from the pre arrival services AEIP asking for our landing date. Does this mean it has been approved and just to wait to hear from immigration office? We have not received anything other than this. TIA

majesty

Feb 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
23-02-2017 (AOR 1); 26-05-2017 (AOR2)
File Transfer...
13/03/2017
Med's Done....
30-07-2016 (Passed)
Hi all I just received an email from the pre arrival services AEIP asking for our landing date. Does this mean it has been approved and just to wait to hear from immigration office? We have not received anything other than this. TIA
I think when you get the email from pre-arrival services, it means you are likely approved. I think PPR probably should follow soon. Congratulations!

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
guys i need to ask, my medical expired and it changed on myCIC from medical exam passed to we do not need a medical exam and we will tell u when we need it(as if i didnt do a medical exam); and today i checked myCIC and it shows that my medical exam passed again, so is that a renwal for my medical exam ? im in security check since 21 june 2017; can anyone help me pls

Theateam

Nov 8, 2017
Merry Xmas to all! January 30th applicant, and no movement on our file since May. I called CIC Friday and no new updates. CIC indicated they would send a message to Mississauga to see what’s happening with our file. We were told our file was straightforward, but it didn’t seem there’s been any movement. Anyone else from January in the same situation? I guess I’m looking for some reassurance especially seeing that a lot of applicants who applied well after us are getting their PPR. I’m also wondering if some January applicants who have already received their PPR had similar circumstances as us where there was no movement whatsoever, and then they received their PPR. I’m hoping they’re actually working on our file, but haven’t logged in entries in their system, so when we call CIC, it shows nothing. We haven’t been able to link our application after trying literally everything. Thanks all!

Hvank

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Merry Xmas to all! January 30th applicant, and no movement on our file since May. I called CIC Friday and no new updates. CIC indicated they would send a message to Mississauga to see what’s happening with our file. We were told our file was straightforward, but it didn’t seem there’s been any movement. Anyone else from January in the same situation? I guess I’m looking for some reassurance especially seeing that a lot of applicants who applied well after us are getting their PPR. I’m also wondering if some January applicants who have already received their PPR had similar circumstances as us where there was no movement whatsoever, and then they received their PPR. I’m hoping they’re actually working on our file, but haven’t logged in entries in their system, so when we call CIC, it shows nothing. We haven’t been able to link our application after trying literally everything. Thanks all!
I am in the exact situation. We r also jam 30 application and no news yet. Hoping the new year brings better news. Merry Christmas!

Reactions: Theateam

ahmedwaly

Nov 19, 2016
Pre arrival is eligibility is passed and they still doing your background checks

Jill Peda

Dec 29, 2017
Hey ! I as well have applied to sponsor my Husband from Philippines to come live with me in Canada. Our application was received on January 11, 2017. On the 28th of December 2017, the application went to "in progress" to "Decision Made". Still waiting for a reply, hope everything will go well, as well for you all. Good luck !

Manzana

Star Member
Dec 1, 2017
Hey ! I as well have applied to sponsor my Husband from Philippines to come live with me in Canada. Our application was received on January 11, 2017. On the 28th of December 2017, the application went to "in progress" to "Decision Made". Still waiting for a reply, hope everything will go well, as well for you all. Good luck !
Hi,
I am almost 100% sure yours will be one of the applications completed within the 12 month frame!! Get your passport ready, they will ask for it for sure soon enough after 2018 rings!!

Reactions: Jill Peda

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
I got my PPR with 6 months no update on my file

us2017

Feb 9, 2017
Vermont, USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-01-2017
Doc's Request.
28-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-02-2017
File Transfer...
02-03-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
09-01-2017
We've had similar issues. January 30, 2017 application. No movement since March. Every time we call (or our MP calls) they say everything is in order and being processed. The call center agents have never offered to send a message to Mississauga to see what is happening with our file. How did you get them to do that?