+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2014 Citizenship Application - Timeline

Flocan

Apr 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah indeed but just applicants from february 6th had to pay $400 not thos from january :)

Aymu

Oct 21, 2013
;D
Have my test invite today for June 16
Applied November
Returned for incomplete document
Re-applied January 2nd was when they received it
Office Niagara Falls
E-cas still has no update

Aymu

Oct 21, 2013
Single applicant
Application sent November 2013
Incomplete application December 2013
Re-applied January 2
Booklet February 2014
Received line disappeared late April - early May
Test invite June 2,2014
Test date June 16
Local office Niagara Falls
E-CAS not updated

randint

Feb 2, 2014
I made a stupid error

So, at the time I applied for citizenship (received January 16, 2014), I had the following things in the envelope:
Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card (expired), front and back
Photocopy of Ontario Health Insurance Plan Card (valid), front and back
Photocopy of biographical pages of passports (valid and expired)
Photocopy of Ontario Secondary School Diploma and Ontario Student Transcript (OFFICIAL)
Printout of University of Waterloo Transcript (UNOFFICIAL - printed from Quest)
Photocopy of Record of Landing
The Application
2 photos
Residence Calculator
Fee Receipt

Yesterday (June 2), I received a letter saying:

"The photocopies of the school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing. See section Step 1 Gather Documents in the instruction guide".

Damn it, what is it about unofficial transcripts that are bad? After all, I completed the entirety of my high school education in Ontario, and it is supposed to be easy to verify my enrolment in university (the unofficial transcript contains the words "UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT" with my full name and student number.

So, my application is on hold until I have the official transcripts, which will be ready for me to photocopy on Monday (June 9), which, I assume, would mean it will arrive on or about June 20 in the mailbox of CPC-S (a clear indication that my file has NOT been transferred to the Kitchener office), and will not be until the transcript is received.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Re: I made a stupid error

randint said:
So, at the time I applied for citizenship (received January 16, 2014), I had the following things in the envelope:
Photocopy of Permanent Resident Card (expired), front and back
Photocopy of Ontario Health Insurance Plan Card (valid), front and back
Photocopy of biographical pages of passports (valid and expired)
Photocopy of Ontario Secondary School Diploma and Ontario Student Transcript (OFFICIAL)
Printout of University of Waterloo Transcript (UNOFFICIAL - printed from Quest)
Photocopy of Record of Landing
The Application
2 photos
Residence Calculator
Fee Receipt

Yesterday (June 2), I received a letter saying:

"The photocopies of the school records for yourself (if applicable) and for your dependent children are missing. See section Step 1 Gather Documents in the instruction guide".

Damn it, what is it about unofficial transcripts that are bad? After all, I completed the entirety of my high school education in Ontario, and it is supposed to be easy to verify my enrolment in university (the unofficial transcript contains the words "UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT" with my full name and student number.

So, my application is on hold until I have the official transcripts, which will be ready for me to photocopy on Monday (June 9), which, I assume, would mean it will arrive on or about June 20 in the mailbox of CPC-S (a clear indication that my file has NOT been transferred to the Kitchener office), and will not be until the transcript is received.
Is your recieved line still showing up on ecas ? Or it got disappeared earlier ?

randint

Feb 2, 2014
The whole point is: I am only a first year at the University, so why do I need transcripts? Official transcripts are generally used to verify grades for things like job applications or graduate school applications. They think that an unofficial transcript with a name and student number is easy to forge, maybe? But since this is a Canadian university, it is much easier to check the validity (than some foreign universities).

BobyM

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would provide not only an official transcript but also a status letter from the university to show your enrollment. You are dealing with the government, of course it has to be official transcript.

randint said:
The whole point is: I am only a first year at the University, so why do I need transcripts? Official transcripts are generally used to verify grades for things like job applications or graduate school applications. They think that an unofficial transcript with a name and student number is easy to forge, maybe? But since this is a Canadian university, it is much easier to check the validity (than some foreign universities).

randint

Feb 2, 2014
salman-bhai said:
Hi, u r very lucky! Is it ur 1st time application for citizenship?
If you are directing this question at me. My answer is: NO, this is not the first time I applied for citizenship--but my application was rejected because of something very simple--unless a crime is committed.

At the time of my first application, I was 16, and therefore, a minor. My father was applying for citizenship at the same time, and his timeline is like this:

[quote author=Citizenship and Immigration Canada]
We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 1, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 1, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 3, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 10, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 31, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on May 16, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on June 6, 2013 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
[/quote]

He mysteriously suffers a heart attack and dies...only 2 months after failing his citizenship exam (the second test date is entirely the fault of Canada Post losing the test date letter).

I then turned 18, After many legal problems, then:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2014.
[/quote]

randint

Feb 2, 2014
Citizenship

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 16, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on January 16, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on March 18, 2014.

We sent you a letter on May 27, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
[/quote]

Received Line Disappeared